• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How does Ned Hanigan get listed as a Coonamble player, while Andrew Deegan is listed as a Randwick player?

Seems a little inconsistent.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Comes down to the old argument about player development and who has done what and when over the development phases of the players career.

Someone in the first year with their Senior Club, who has not played any junior footy with any of the feeder Village Clubs in that district should perhaps be listed as their School (if they didn't play any Village Club footy in U16-U18) or their previous village club, zone or district, rather than the club they are currently registered with.

After two years of "development" or "investment" in the player through the Colts or Club programme, then perhaps the clubs could "claim" prime responsibility for the finished product.

I can completely understand why the Eagles PR machine is claiming "responsibility" for any country origin player. They are the ones putting the money up, and taking the risk with the franchise. As such, they call the tunes for the organ grinder to play.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
How about they ask each player to nominate which organisation had the most impact in their development.
It could a club or school and it may have been from 1 or 5 years ago etc.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
How about they ask each player to nominate which organisation had the most impact in their development.
It could a club or school and it may have been from 1 or 5 years ago etc.

I think it should be based on where their maternal great grandmother's pet dog was conceived. Seems to work for Scotland and England when deciding if a Kiwi or Aussie player qualifies to play for them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Or slightly looser criteria with respect to a player from the PI countries. One suspects the criteria is "Was your country of birth ever part of the Bwitish Commonwealth, or if not, Has the country of your birth ever considered joining the Bwitish Commonwealth?"

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I here that the new coach has been appointed but not released to the public as yet. I believe the coach has no prior association with Randwick but thats all Ive heard can anyone confirm who got the job.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Shannon Frazer is my mail. assitant to country eagles , cockatoos coach this year formerly Waratah academy, Japan and Fiji national assitant.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Hi Pete King - do the mighty Wicks have a new coach yet? Mr Frazer doesn't seem to have signed on the bottom line as yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hi Pete King - do the mighty Wicks have a new coach yet? Mr Frazer doesn't seem to have signed on the bottom line as yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure whether its a done deal, heard he was offered but thats as far as I know

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Good to see David Horwitz on the bench for the Eagles semi final.​
I think this is his first game (back from injury) in the NRC.​

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
REALLY !!! I think the Eagles have done just fine without the over rated player that he is … Sam Windsor has done an amazing job

Maybe he has, but it's still good to see a promising young player overcome injury and hopefully get a chance to further develop his potential. Isn't that what the NRC is all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.