• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
TL_1143680.jpg

Had a stunner vs the Bulls on saturday.

Pollards 12 mate at school
207595701.jpg

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
So you think players from the 1st division cant play for the Springboks?
In today's world of professionalism, if he has not even tasted premier division currie cup, then yes he should not be starting for the boks. Unless you are of the opinion that all the SA talent scouts are absolute fools (when selecting other players over these players)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
In today's world of professionalism, if he has not even tasted premier division currie cup, then yes he should not be starting for the boks. Unless you are of the opinion that all the SA talent scouts are absolute fools (when selecting other players over these players)
Meyer is one of the best scouts of talent example Handre Pollard.

In my young days Jan Ellis came from SWA to be a Bok legend. Never underestimate players specially if the player havent played.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Meyer is one of the best scouts of talent example Handre Pollard.

In my young days Jan Ellis came from SWA to be a Bok legend. Never underestimate players specially if the player havent played.
So you are of the opinion that these chaps coming through from 1st division have been groomed and scouted by HM? I am willing to put money on the fact that HM was not involved in scouting these players but rather, has relied on others who have been looking for black players who may give the illusion of being there on merit.

Do you believe that there is no difference between being a rugby player today as back in 1960's in terms of competition from other players?

I am working off Hard Facts, ie: actual game stats which back up my claim that those players are under-performing and do not deserve a place in the 23, let alone run on side.

The FACTS are that in TODAYS rugby landscape, you cannot take a player who is essentially the 5th-6th best in his province, and inject him into a springbok squad. That is unfair to those players who are more experienced and who have played at the higher level. Funny that all these players who are doing the leapfrogging are all PoC.

Every once in a while a young player with exceptional talent does burst on the scene, maybe leapfrogging some of the more experienced chaps, but usually they have been part of the correct rugby channels as it does not take a HM to be able to recognize such talent, and therefore wouldn't be floundering in 3rd tier domestic rugby.

I do not understand how you are able to perceive quota's to be anything but negative, particularly at international level. I can maybe understand the lower levels but the quotas which are in place for the boks is a joke.

ANC government cannot develop young african talent, and now they impose change in a way that will negatively impact the code. Rather than do a bit of work themselves they delegate that responsibility to private sector to do it for them while they sit back and do what exactly?

Maybe you need to leave the Western Cape and see how the rest of the country is run.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
So you are of the opinion that these chaps coming through from 1st division have been groomed and scouted by HM? I am willing to put money on the fact that HM was not involved in scouting these players but rather, has relied on others who have been looking for black players who may give the illusion of being there on merit.

Do you believe that there is no difference between being a rugby player today as back in 1960's in terms of competition from other players?

I am working off Hard Facts, ie: actual game stats which back up my claim that those players are under-performing and do not deserve a place in the 23, let alone run on side.

The FACTS are that in TODAYS rugby landscape, you cannot take a player who is essentially the 5th-6th best in his province, and inject him into a springbok squad. That is unfair to those players who are more experienced and who have played at the higher level. Funny that all these players who are doing the leapfrogging are all PoC.

Every once in a while a young player with exceptional talent does burst on the scene, maybe leapfrogging some of the more experienced chaps, but usually they have been part of the correct rugby channels as it does not take a HM to be able to recognize such talent, and therefore wouldn't be floundering in 3rd tier domestic rugby.

I do not understand how you are able to perceive quota's to be anything but negative, particularly at international level. I can maybe understand the lower levels but the quotas which are in place for the boks is a joke.

ANC government cannot develop young african talent, and now they impose change in a way that will negatively impact the code. Rather than do a bit of work themselves they delegate that responsibility to private sector to do it for them while they sit back and do what exactly?

Maybe you need to leave the Western Cape and see how the rest of the country is run.
Boet if you think I advertise qoutas , you sure are busy with the wrong person. The Western Cape and more spesific Boland set the example regarding this specially in rugby. Its a lifestyle around here, even the Bergies play touch rugby. You brought the qouta factor in the discussion. Take Oupa as an example, how do you think must he feel. Pretty sure no player want to be tag as a qouta player and this is exactly what you are doing here, no matter if this player is still a u20 player (like Pollard) or first division. All I ask from you is to at the very least give him a change to show his worth before you write him off as a qouta player. I dont have a problem if you tag Eddie Andrews as a qouta.

and hey back in Jan Ellis days they had Springbok trials for a week. Was much more difficult for players like him to get the jersey, so dont try to teach me about the 60s. Players have it much more easy today compare to those days.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
To get this one back on track, the only players to be add to the squad is WP & Lions players in the final. I am a bit biased but am pretty sure WPs back three & JdJ is close to the Bok touring sqaud. With the shortage at 9 I'll pick Groome anyday (Know Meyer like useless Shreuder). Carr & Scarra probably not far off. From the Lions I think Kriel, Whiteley, Akker, Boshoff, Mapoe & Mnisi can be close.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bokke practising at Makkotter
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10612760_777735872273323_5301631099564383362_n.jpg?oh=269645613bf18722c5a499aa97f38f28&oe=54ECFD4A&__gda__=1425175547_3500a2cfe1dc2aec5dca3c74e313f161

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Take Oupa as an example, how do you think must he feel.

If you think he feels bad, how must Jaco Kriel feel. He's made a major impact at the Lions this year, yet he needs to stand aside for a better-than-normal quota player. What must a guy like that feel after putting in performances week after week after week?

And don't blame Heyneke, blame Fikile.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
If you think he feels bad, how must Jaco Kriel feel. He's made a major impact at the Lions this year, yet he needs to stand aside for a better-than-normal quota player. What must a guy like that feel after putting in performances week after week after week?

And don't blame Heyneke, blame Fikile.
OK Brussouw have been there, done that, pass the test and ... and... who can I blame? Fikile?

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
OK Brussouw have been there, done that, pass the test and . and. who can I blame? Fikile?

You seem to be the only person clamoring on about his non-inclusion. Yes, he might be better than Mohoje, but no way is he currently near the level of Kriel.

The only thing Brussow does well, is fetching. Yes, he has a moment here and there with the ball, but Kriel had as many in one game on Saturday as Brussow has in a full calendar year.

And we have more than enough capable fetchers in the Bok squad - even our wings and centres are having a party at the breakdowns.

So yeah, at the moment I see 0 motivation for including Brussow.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You seem to be the only person clamoring on about his non-inclusion. Yes, he might be better than Mohoje, but no way is he currently near the level of Kriel.

The only thing Brussow does well, is fetching. Yes, he has a moment here and there with the ball, but Kriel had as many in one game on Saturday as Brussow has in a full calendar year.

And we have more than enough capable fetchers in the Bok squad - even our wings and centres are having a party at the breakdowns.

So yeah, at the moment I see 0 motivation for including Brussow.
Dankie Heyneke nr II:)

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Spies in die een oog?

Nope. I'm not as anti Heyneke as you are. We have more than enough loosies better than him. Even Arno Botha would be ahead of him, if he could manage to play more than 2 games without getting injured.

I just wanna see the Boks win, but unfortunately I don't feel an illogical sorrow for Brussow.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Nope. I'm not as anti Heyneke as you are. We have more than enough loosies better than him. Even Arno Botha would be ahead of him, if he could manage to play more than 2 games without getting injured.

I just wanna see the Boks win, but unfortunately I don't feel an illogical sorrow for Brussow.
more overated Brute white qouta players.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.