• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Renewable energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Indeed we are.
Ignoring the fact that I have no idea what "smiring" is, the rest of your post is off topic, and as Sully says, adds nothing but pointless gainsay and misdirection - you'll note I don't call it argument, Runner.
The political threads have become mired in largely meaningless point-scoring, with little rational debate occurring. The feedback to us has been, to say the least, overwhelmingly negative - i.e. most people will not bother to post due to the nature of these threads.
If you have an on-topic, relevant and non-personal point to make, then make it (and this applies to EVERYONE); if you want to have an endless snipe-fest over the same points ad nauseam, then DON'T, but respect our rules and move on. If you cannot get this, you will get a rest.
The tolerance is set to zero - and this applies to everyone.

People taking their lead from question time maybe? :)

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p526x296/10547566_10152642877873771_3752125393370576626_n.jpg?oh=e670450c9e13e010a895f4750ba59fdd&oe=54A0A6EC&__gda__=1420252435_640ce33035b7ca0536c425f48a0901d9

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Check that shit out - can get within a couple of hundred metres of that sucker.

Attachments

• IMG_20141026_115247.jpg
    IMG_20141026_115247.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 303

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ugly my arse. I think they are a thing of beauty, looking at man use his intelligence for something good and positive.

Joe Hockey is an idiot because they look a damn sight better than a coal pit.

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm happy to accept that wind turbines aren't for everywhere, and aren't every ones taste. I think wind energy, up to about 30% of the total energy supply, is the best thing for Australia, and this means we can and should have a shit load more wind farms, they are going to inevitably be on many many hillsides around the country in the future. But they shouldn't be along the Great Ocean Road, or other places of outstanding natural beauty.

If you think they're ugly, well that's not the worst thing in the world, I can accept that, but they are a necessary consequence of using electricity without pollution. They are a LOT more attractive than a landscape devastated by bushfires or droughts, or even open cut coal mines.

And anyone that thinks they cause any health impacts whatsoever, well you are a nutter, a crackpot, a crank, a fool.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm happy to accept that wind turbines aren't for everywhere, and aren't every ones taste. I think wind energy, up to about 30% of the total energy supply, is the best thing for Australia, and this means we can and should have a shit load more wind farms, they are going to inevitably be on many many hillsides around the country in the future. But they shouldn't be along the Great Ocean Road, or other places of outstanding natural beauty.

If you think they're ugly, well that's not the worst thing in the world, I can accept that, but they are a necessary consequence of using electricity without pollution. They are a LOT more attractive than a landscape devastated by bushfires or droughts, or even open cut coal mines.

And anyone that thinks they cause any health impacts whatsoever, well you are a nutter, a crackpot, a crank, a fool.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

As the Europeans about the poor dead birds if they like them.

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
Runner, poor dead birds, what are you talking about? there are a few critical flyways for endangered species where it wouldn't be good to build a windfarm, but apart form that the whole issue is vastly overstated, and you wouldn't get a rational conservation biologist that didn't recognise the tradeoff that was occurring, and support any action to reduce climate change, which is going to do a fuck load more damage to avian populations than any turbine strikes.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ah! But a frog colony can stop a highway which speed transport along and saves on C02 gas.

Sounds like selective ecological protection.

I don.t like a whole lot of the alternatives as I have said before and turbines are another classic example of an inefficient alternative being subsidies to make us all feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.