• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Semi Final - NSW Country Eagles vs Brisbane City - Friday 24 October - 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NSW Country Eagles will play Brisbane City at Central Coast Stadium on Friday 7:30pm.

The game should be live on Fox Sports

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
can't quite work out why you wouldn't play this on a Sat arvo so everyone could get to the game....big country support base but we're spread everywhere. Surely letting everyone get there on Sat arvo or early evening so you get the kids as well??? what a way to finish the season... Friday night means no crowd unless you want to scramble from work then drive back for kids sport early Saturday. Sorry guys crazy scheduling.......When's the final?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If Brisbane City have their injury free team on, including Gill, Shatz, and Browning in the forwards and Kerevi and Kuridrani fed by Frisby and Jake McIntyre in the backs they will be hard to beat at Gosford.
I see them as the only other team that might be able to give the Melbourne Spirit a 'what for' in the Final, in spite of the result for Melbourne at Ballymore in the rounds game

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brisbane:

McInnes Wilson Lawyers Brisbane City v NSW Country Eagles
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

1 Pettowa Paraka – Reds WTS/Easts
2 Andrew Ready – Reds EPS/Easts
3 Sef Faagase – Reds WTS/University of Queensland
4 Marco Kotze – GPS
5 Dave McDuling (C) – Reds/University of Queensland
6 Curtis Browning – Reds/University of Queensland
7 Liam Gill – Reds/Sunnybank
8 Jake Schatz – Reds/Sunnybank
9 Nick Frisby – Reds/GPS
10 Jake McIntyre – Reds WTS/Sunnybank
11 Matt Feaunati – Sunnybank
12 Samu Kerevi – Reds/GPS
13 Toby White – Easts
14 Chris Kuridrani – Reds/GPS
15 Brando Va’aulu – Sunnybank

16 Matt Mafi – Brothers
17 David Feao – Souths
18 Phil Kite – Reds WTS/GPS
19 Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
20 Michael Gunn – Reds WTS/Easts
21 Jack Mullins – Easts
22 Sam Greene – Reds WTS/Brothers
23 Junior Laloifi – Sunnybank

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
B0l33vJCUAETTK9.jpg

Should be a cracker tomorrow night!

Go the NSW Country Eagles!

Good to see Dave Horwitz back on the bench.

LRB

Stan Wickham (3)
That is really disappointing about the lack of promotion... here's hoping that BNE City gets up!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm willing to put my balls on the line and predict (surprise surprise) a City win, by, say, two tries.

Despite missing Talaki, I think that City have a better front row, and better locking pair with McDuling being one of the best locks of the NRC. Back row contest will be fantastic, with Gill, Browning and Schatz vs Grey (who has been close to the best blindside of the NRC) and old stager Hoiles.

Kerevi and Kuridrani for me are the point of differences in the backs, both huge guys who have been ripping defences apart. Toby White has also been an unsung hero at 13 for City.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I hope you're both wrong!

I think it's going to be really close. The Eagles have been pretty consistent.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I changed my mind. Sportstab have the Spirit and the Eagles winning at 17-1. Good odds. Spirit are about 6-1 and Eagles 3-1.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
We're having trouble getting a photographer to cover this game so if anyone going to the game gets any photo's could you please email them to me at rosswright@aapt.net.au for the Match Review article?
I'd really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.