• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can't quite make up my mind who I really supporting the most in this one WOP, as I said went to school in the Naki way back when, and really like the team they playing, but it bloody hard not to like the Makos with the players they got too, both teams play bloody good rugby to watch, so perhaps I will just sit there and enjoy the rugby!!
Championship final tonight is easier of course, like the Hawke Eyes, but of course gotta be cheering for Turbo Man and his mates!! Be great to see the Manawatu do the job, and as an aside I see Canes have picked up Otere Black and Te Rure in their wider training group, Callum Gibbs and Milner Skudder on full contracts, and Nortcott (12) has been picked up by the Blues, good to see these boys getting rewards for the rugby they playing. Prop has gone to Highlanders to I think!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Manawatu: Nehe Milner-Skudder, Nathan Tudreu, Jason Emery, Hamish Northcott, Semisi Masirewa, Otere Black, Kayne Hammington, Nick Crosswell, Callum Gibbins (captain), Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Keepa Mewett, Fraser Stone, Ma'afu Fia or Chris Eves, Rob Foreman, Hubert Buydens. Reserves: Nick Grogan, Chris Eves or Tim Cadwallader, Tom Hughes, Antonio Kiri Kiri, Jamie Booth, Jade Te Rure, Newton Tudreu.

Hawke's Bay: Matt Berquist, Ryan Tongia, Robbie Fruean, Jason Shoemark, Shannan Chase, Ihaia West, Chris Eaton, Brendon O'Connor (captain), Tony Lamborn, Trent Boswell-Wakefield, Mark Abbott, Michael Allardice, Jason Marshall, Ash Dixon, Brendon Edmonds. Reserves: Ged Robinson, Adrian Barone, Tom Parsons, Mark Atkins, Ellery Wilson, Ted Walters, Mikey Vuicakau.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/10655016/Pack-power-sets-up-Manawatu-backs-for-push

TARANAKI: James Marshall (captain), Codey Rei, Seta Tamanivalu, Charlie Ngatai, Waisake Naholo, Marty McKenzie, Chris Smylie, Blade Thomson, Berny Hall, Mitchell Crosswell, James Broadhurst, Riki Hoeata, Angus Ta'avao, Rhys Marshall, Mitchell Graham. Reserves, Sione Lea, Ryan Cocker, Mitchell Brown, Iopu Iopu-Aso, Jamison Gibson-Park, Jackson Ormond, Kurt Baker.

Haven't found a Makos team list yet.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/10655102/Taranaki-attack-NPC-final-with-A-grade-team

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm supporting the wine growers over the dairy farmers, so for me I'm tipping the Marlborough Sauvignon Blancs over Eltham Cheeses in the Premiership Grand Final, and the Roys Hill Gimlett Gravellers over the Fielding Sharemilkers in the Championship.

Alternatively it's the year of the M's. Makos and Magpies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tasman and Manawatu is who I'll be cheering for.

What is great is that the 2 best sides from each division are in the finals and that both games should be good with plenty of drama.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Tasman and Manawatu for me too, but they should both be top games. Should be two good crowds too with regional teams hosting.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FMG looks pretty full, not sure about capacity these days but 18,000 used to be jam-packed. Otere Black gets the scoring underway, 3-0 Bucketheads.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Super try by West, you really wonder why the Blues persisted with Benji and Hickey when they had this guy all along.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bucketheads take the lead with another beauty, 20-17 with 3/4 time approaching & starting to get on top up front IMO. Bay playing very, very flat & slowing it down at every opportunity, can't see Sir putting up with too much more of that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Try time Bucketheads? Sir asking TMO about a possible knock-on but happy it was grounded. No try, knock on given. Big Bucketheads scrum coming up, I feel. Yes but went early & pinged, HB clear. Penalty count 11-6 which has gotta be a worry for HB.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bay give away yet another penalty while Sir is already playing penalty advantage but no YC. Bucketheads take the scrum, good call. Now a scrum 5 out & their feed plus a decent blind if they wanna pull an old-school lefto...........

Status
Not open for further replies.