• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Some team members are supporting KB (Kurtley Beale), nek minute he is blaming one of them for sending an offensive text which could see them lose their contract. Way to take one for the team 'mate'.

T

Train Without a Station

Well if they actually did, he's supported them pretty well so far in all fairness.

Only his name has been sullied so far for it.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Some team members are supporting KB (Kurtley Beale), nek minute he is blaming one of them for sending an offensive text which could see them lose their contract. Way to take one for the team 'mate'.
He needs a roommate for France/parra

P

Paradox

chewbacca_defense.jpg

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I don't accept the standard that some seem to demand on here, that rugby players have to be a combination of diplomats and saints, but at the same time silent.
A few years ago a long time mate of mine did a very stupid (and at the time desperate) thing and misappropriated a substantial some of money. He was caught and jailed. He was, and remains a mate. I went to court as a character witness. Do I condone what he did? Absolutely not, it was disgraceful, I was shocked. But I never gave a thought to abandoning him when he stuffed up his and his family's life. In fact, if ever there was a time when he needed support, that was it. He's out now, and rebuilding his life (delighted to say his wife is still with him too).
Clearly, this old fashioned idea of mateship is something many posters here can't identify with, and they will no doubt believe I did the wrong thing. We each have our own set of ethics to live by.
Obviously, this concept is one that some her don't think is an acceptable ethic among professional footballer. I choose to disagree!

P

Paradox

Froggy I admire your sentiment but this is in public eye and 2 people have walked away from their jobs. Players should refrain from comment by

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I don't accept the standard that some seem to demand on here, that rugby players have to be a combination of diplomats and saints, but at the same time silent.
A few years ago a long time mate of mine did a very stupid (and at the time desperate) thing and misappropriated a substantial some of money. He was caught and jailed. He was, and remains a mate. I went to court as a character witness. Do I condone what he did? Absolutely not, it was disgraceful, I was shocked. But I never gave a thought to abandoning him when he stuffed up his and his family's life. In fact, if ever there was a time when he needed support, that was it. He's out now, and rebuilding his life (delighted to say his wife is still with him too).
Clearly, this old fashioned idea of mateship is something many posters here can't identify with, and they will no doubt believe I did the wrong thing. We each have our own set of ethics to live by.
Obviously, this concept is one that some her don't think is an acceptable ethic among professional footballer. I choose to disagree!

and there is why i admire the people with backbone who stood up and said i will be there for my my mate. rather confident they don't condone what was said as the same time.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

Codswallop.

You support your mate by giving him a call and checking up on him, letting him know in person that regardless of what punitive disciplinary rulings may come, you've got his back.

You don't support your mate by giving quotes - attributed or otherwise - to a rabid media who are bent on selling tabloid beat ups.

I'd expect that they support him. But have the nous not to do it publically, and if you stick your neck out and support him with a reporter's microphone within a whisker of your nose, be fucking diplomatic with your word choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.