• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
gentlemen, has anything at all about the outcome, or even progress, been in the Australian media?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Pfitzy all the media that has been done by the ARU, players, coaches has all been prepped though. There hasn't been the camp outside KBs house or the lets wait in the driveway moments. It appears Foley has been contacted and an interview organised. They are afterall trying to promote a tour also.

I'm not sure about that. From the footage on the news all the players were at the airport and he was asked questions as he was standing in the departures hall. From what I saw on the news he didn't say anything that anyone could construe as either criticising the process or criticising the victim/s.

Really anyone trying to find fault in what he said is doing just that - trying to find a fault. Plenty of things haven't been done well in this whole fiasco, this isn't one of them.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
GUARDS - TO THE BANHAMMERS!

Nah seriously guys, let's just shake our heads and move on. We've covered the injustice shit far enough. Let it die.

I'm distinctly unhappy at this verdict I might add. I'm just fucking fucked off with the entire setup of the ARU and how fucking amateur they are.

Pfitzy all the media that has been done by the ARU, players, coaches has all been prepped though. There hasn't been the camp outside KBs house or the lets wait in the driveway moments. It appears Foley has been contacted and an interview organised. They are afterall trying to promote a tour also.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean players aren't idiots. Have you seen these guys give post-match interviews?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Well, that proves it. Kurtley Beale is officially a special case in Australian rugby. JOC (James O'Connor) would have been fired from a cannon if he had done what Kurtley did.

If they are basing their non guilty verdict on they can't prove who sent the message, why did Kurtley apologise to Patston when it first happened?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not guilty against the specific allegation made against him (whatever that was). But I am guessing the fine is probably some code of conduct breach

T

Train Without a Station

They've had a process where they could have easily terminated Beale, or exonerated him. An innocent verdict and a fine is a ridiculous result, that at least at first seems like another slap on the wrist.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Remember when the NRL was a punchline and guys like Gallen and Bird were the biggest grubs in Australian sport.

I actually think this might be a tipping point for a lot of people to cash in their chips for a while.

The frequency of these incidents (not sexual harrassment specifically, just misbehavings) will likely rise, and now it's just how well they can be concealed.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm keen for some legal proceedings to come up and see how the ARU handle it if the outcome is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.