• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rucks and Mauls

Peter Burge (5)
I'm not condoning the act you're describing. Just that we don't know that it's exactly what happened. Did he accidentally forward a text that originated somewhere else? That's what I'm reading into the news stories.
Either way I think he got off lightly!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This is what it sounds like for the 2nd message which is much more offensive than the first. I'll get slammed but whilst the 1st message was pretty bad it's not 'disgusting/deeply offensive' that some make it out to be.
Have you seen them?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just regarding Beale's text messages.
I think rugby is the greater with more involvement by females, whether it be playing, coaching etc.

I know some of the most passionate rugby supporters are females. And likewise, people whom do the hard-yards (backbone) at rugby clubs are females.

Brothers juniors (and plenty of other junior clubs) has a strong involvement by mothers (of the players) grandmothers, aunts, you name it and the club is really well organised, of good spirit and whatnot. It definitely wouldn't function at all without their efforts.

I know Jeeps, Easts, Souths, Norths, Sunnybank, Wests etc. are of similar nature, hence their success.

I know Kurtley on reflection is disappointed. I don't particularly worry about the team, I just hope the females whom are interested in pursuing an involvement in rugby aren't turned off the game.

It might be an exaggeration, but the smallest things can dictate someone's views.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Again, you're talking about the ARU which is actually not the Wallabies.

The ARU are the bosses of the game of rugby union in Australia. The Wallabies are the Men's National 15 side team. By all means don't support the ARU but I'm missing why the Wallabies don't deserve support.

KB (Kurtley Beale) sent a demeaning and sexist message to his team mates. Someone else in the Wallabies squad sent a worse one. It sounds as though a fair few received these messages and therefore know who sent them. The captain of the Wallabies has endorsed KB (Kurtley Beale)'s behaviour by saying it isn't worth him being sacked over. KB (Kurtley Beale) received a slap on the wrist and the perpetrator of the second text is unpunished. This all paints a pretty clear picture of what the team deems acceptable and it is completely at odds with what I deem acceptable. I really don't know why you find this so hard to understand.

K

KAOPointman

I think rugby is the greater with more involvement by females, whether it be playing, coaching etc.

I know some of the most passionate rugby supporters are females. And likewise, people whom do the hard-yards (backbone) at rugby clubs are females.

Brothers juniors (and plenty of other junior clubs) has a strong involvement by mothers (of the players) grandmothers, aunts, you name it and the club is really well organised, of good spirit and whatnot. It definitely wouldn't function at all without their efforts.

I know Jeeps, Easts, Souths, Norths, Sunnybank, Wests etc. are of similar nature, hence their success.

I know Kurtley on reflection is disappointed. I don't particularly worry about the team, I just hope the females whom are interested in pursuing an involvement in rugby aren't turned off the game.

It might be an exaggeration, but the smallest things can dictate someone's views.
They'll simply weigh up what happens in afl and league, and just stay. It's far worse everywhere else atm. Not condoning anything but most except those involved directly would be hurt.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There was some sort of stoush on the plane.
There was an inquiry planned to be run into that, but this was put on hold by the Pulveriser when the issue of deeply offensive texts came to light.
A second inquiry was initiated into the texts.

That has run its course in so far as it relates to KB (Kurtley Beale). Is the Pulveriser going to initiate/continue the investigation into the "second texter"?

Will the investigation into the issue on the plane re-open or doesn't that matter anymore?

One gets the feeling that there is still some unfinished business left with the lid wide still open on Pandorra's Box.

Will the ARU learn from this sorry episode, and make some real changes or will they revert to type and just move on with no change?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is such a great outcome, he deserves once again another shot and he said he is Sorry again. I'm sure just like the other times it wont happen again, and he can get back to his Rugby.
Until next time you fuck up KB (Kurtley Beale), it's been great..... Im sure you will land on your feet once again.
Enjoy the EOYT you really deserve to be there....

This is what I love about our Rugby.

K

KAOPointman

As far as I can see.....it appears fair enough. 45k fine.....allready served a ban when it first came to light and they dealt with it then(apparently). And the big point here is he only sent the first gotcha msg!

As long as they follow up with the other issues it all sounds far enough to me. Unless they wish to hide the facts like nzru did with Aron crudens recent run in with alcohol and missing the team plane. Did they end up releasing the facts of that night???

I think some are far to harsh on kurtley!

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Former Wallaby great, Dr Mark Loane, use to rip into his team as captain whenever something un-character like would occur.

Nothing of this nature at all (text messages), but his still possessed a great ability to lead his team in a positive direction.

Loane had the catch-cry during games of "just follow me!" or "I'll run off the back of the scrum, and you follow my charge".

In a way I wish rugby was back in the ol' days. When players would play out of the love for the game. No money involved. Clubs use to sell raffles and meat trays and rely on donations in order to travel overseas on rugby tours. Loyalty was paramount. To leave the great state of QLD to NSW was a sin and vice versa.

In other words, its disappointing for me to hear about how a player gets fined $45000 and a basic slap on the wrist. Up until the mid-90s money was redundant to an extent in rugby. If someone abused a coaching or management staff (those of whom had absolute respect by the players, because after all, no money was involved) they would be kicked off the team as quick as lightning.

In my opinion, Link showed absolute character, he didn't reveal anything about the inner climate amongst the team. He possessed the rugby of old, I really wish Beale and some others would take note.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
They'll simply weigh up what happens in afl and league, and just stay. It's far worse everywhere else atm. Not condoning anything but most except those involved directly would be hurt.

But that's just it: we're sliding down that slippery slope. Not quite at the level of Cousins, Gardiner, Swan; or Gallen, Bird, Carney... just basically the Cronulla sharks...

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
At the start of this;
  • I thought KB (Kurtley Beale) was a grub - still do.
  • I thought Link was an awesome coach - still do.
  • I was worried for the personal well being for both - still am.
  • Did not know the accurate full story - still don't.
  • Made reference between the gap of ARU and Australian Rugby - its growing.
Guys we are the media, "social media" go hard on the good points, and be constructive on areas of improvement.

We still have a great game that needs our support, some areas off the paddock do need improvement though.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
At the start of this;
  • I thought KB (Kurtley Beale) was a grub - still do.
  • I thought Link was an awesome coach - still do.
  • I was worried for the personal well being for both - still am.
  • Did not know the accurate full story - still don't.
  • Made reference between the gap of ARU and Australian Rugby - its growing.
Guys we are the media, "social media" go hard on the good points, and be constructive on areas of improvement.

We still have a great game that needs our support, some areas off the paddock do need improvement though.

Social media is a large part of the problem.

This has been a frenzied witch hunt from start to finish, with no one in the least concerned at any time about the absence of facts.

Beale certainly has his problems, but he's been incessantly traduced by know-nothing blowhards on places like this for days.

And now that it transpires that he may not have sent the most offensive text in question, what has changed? Not much. Brave, anonymous people are still mouthing off about how he "got off", ignoring the fact that the incident that first sparked their rage, appears not to have happened.

It could well be the case that Beale is a victim in this, as much as Patston and McKenzie. Sure, he sent a stupid text, but is that worth having his character assassinated over the course of dozens of pages, and being called a grub by people without the courage to speak up in their own names?

Is there any contrition at all from his online accusers?

The main problem with Australian rugby is the hypocritical, self-indulgent fans, who treat players as commodities for their own, self-perpetuating circle-drama.

Many of the "facts" presented in these threads, it now seems, were false. In the real word, that's defamation. The problem is that the cowards perpetuating them here are anonymous. Such, it seems, is the real lure of social media.

Go hard on the good points? What a bunch of self-serving folderol!

I expect this post might be deleted. Traducing a sportsman is okay. Criticizing anonymous Internet posters may however be beyond the pale.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Go hard on the good points? What a bunch of self-serving folderol!

I expect this post might be deleted. Traducing a sportsman is perfectly okay. Criticizing anonymous Internet posters may however be beyond the pale.

??? are you have a crack at me here, or some fun?
I am not anonymous, and i know haven't said anything on this thread to put myself in the knowing blowhole catergy.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
All this outrage about KB (Kurtley Beale)'s punishment. Meh.
How could they do any more when there seems to be no will to find (I think they already know) the other texter and punish him?
I suspect he's a clean skin with an impeccable reputation and no priors.
This double standard is what should be causing outrage: double standards lead to lack of respect and degrade team morale.
The performance since June shows what happens when a team loses its self respect and morale is sapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.