• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Like that one myself WOB!! Ah the Flash Hakas on opening day of world cup!!
I laugh at the Palmy boring remarks myself, then remeber I live in Logan City ,which is without doubt more boring than most other cities, proved by fact noone actually goes out here, they all go to Brisbane!

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Excellent game!

The quality of this game emphasizes NZ's strengths.

It's all about a love for the game.

The skills come naturally for these blokes as they practice them for fun long before they think about money.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tasman and Manawatu is who I'll be cheering for.

What is great is that the 2 best sides from each division are in the finals and that both games should be good with plenty of drama.

Nice bit of foretelling in respect of the last try right on full time. Another inept grubber/chip led potentially to a 14 point turn around.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Great win Taranaki, geez after the extra time last week I thought they might struggle to hold on. HJ will be slightly disappointed that the wine growing areas came second to the cockies, but as a boy that grew up on farms I gotta be happy!!
Truthfully pretty happy with both results!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Best team in each Division won IMO, can't really ask for more than that. Except for the Kiwis to get up over the Kangaroos tonight.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Bloody great final. Just as a rugby fan who cares for the rugby (rather than that other pathetic soap opera shit we have going on over here), your NPC is truly awsome. The way the games are played and followed it is clear how dear it is to your nation. As a neutral looking for quality rugby to watch I say thank you.

I love watching Tasman play but the better side got up.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tasman wilted under the pressure, conceded 2 silly tries from an intercept and a long kick that took a unkind bounce but should've been dealt with earlier. Banks' kicking went under the pressure too. Shows what a final can do.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great win Taranaki, geez after the extra time last week I thought they might struggle to hold on. HJ will be slightly disappointed that the wine growing areas came second to the cockies, but as a boy that grew up on farms I gotta be happy!!
Truthfully pretty happy with both results!
Not happy about the viticulturists getting done:(, but to their credit I can recommend Mikes Organic Beers from Taranaki. Manawatu seems to be a bit of a wasteland on the alcohol front.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's taken a while but it does look as though the level-playing-field salary cap (as opposed to the old one that favoured the "Big 5" major Super Rugby shareholders) is having the desired effect of better distributing the talent & allowing that talent to move to the next level: something like 6 guys who played the PGF have scored rookie Super Rugby contracts for next year. That's gotta be good for NZ rugby.

Also & without wanting to be seen as dumping on the NRC, I think we saw this year that you don't need to monkey with the games fundamentals in order to have good rugby, nor that every game needs to be a 10-try extravaganza.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In NZ last week, and watching a show on TV called rugby nation that was showing highlights of all finals, by gee the Heartland games were pretty good , skills on display were quite sharp in that division as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.