• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Semi Final - NSW Country Eagles vs Brisbane City - Friday 24 October - 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The good McIntyre needs to show up next week or City will cop a hiding.

McIntyre had a game he will really want to forget, hopefully he can turn it around next week.

City will also need to look at why they couldn't get the ball out to their backs when they had a rumble on. Instead they stayed either picking and driving or going one out, making them eventually easy targets.

Final possession stats were 65% City, 35% Country, yet City could barely get the ball past the first or second channel. With so much ball, their dangerous wingers and Kerevi barely saw the ball, which is pretty amazing.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The good McIntyre needs to show up next week or City will cop a hiding.

McIntyre had a game he will really want to forget, hopefully he can turn it around next week.

City will also need to look at why they couldn't get the ball out to their backs when they had a rumble on. Instead they stayed either picking and driving or going one out, making them eventually easy targets.

Final possession stats were 65% City, 35% Country, yet City could barely get the ball past the first or second channel. With so much ball, their dangerous wingers and Kerevi barely saw the ball, which is pretty amazing.

In the game I watched, Kerevi got the ball a massive number of times, but his opposite No 12 (Maafu?) absolutely creamed him in defense on most occasions. Think he (kerevi) was carrying an injury at the end as a result of one of those tackles.

Kuridrani again looked very strong and runs the ball well.

Was also pleased to see Ita Vaea play a good, hard 50 minutes. Commentators saying he is 119 kg when he used to play around 108 I think. Still a long way to go with fitness but had some good moments.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Mitch Inman and Junior Rasolea (spelling) would probably be similar in terms of size and defense vs Kerevi. Chris Kuridrani remains the real danger man for mine.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Kerevi ran well but was contained, but it took a lot out of the country defence doing it. Didn't help much that the halves were well out of sorts so he didn't get that much decent ball. I was disappointed with some of his decision making, particularly the short 22 and a clearing kick into the wind when there was a good setup to counter attack.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Kerevi had a minor groin strain last week, and was limping in the first half I think.

City still struggled to get it wide with the amount of ball they had, whether it was the halves / midfield / not enough depth I am not too sure.

something

Jim Clark (26)
thoughts on McIntyre's performance? I think it was the worst game all season and I dont understand why he played the full 80... I hope that if he has a performance like that in the final he would be pulled.... but is Greene too green? made me have a quick look back at last week.
Personally, I thought greene was good in his 10 minutes last week with that nice wing run and set up genia's last try. But dont know how he would fair in an NRC final. Do we have any other viable options if yesterdays McIntyre shows up on sat?

Status
Not open for further replies.