• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Fox Sports Weekend Edition has a Breaking News screen-crawler that "Wallabies coach.. advises ARU Beale will not join squad on Spring Tour". On their News Active it states that MC "has informed KB (Kurtley Beale) he will not join the squad.."

That's a good start, Michael. Maybe he'll turn to the squad and say "Boys, that's the standard we're setting -- starting now". At least that's I'm hoping he's thinking that way.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So all the rugby fans on hear still debating the Beale sage and you probably hence missed a cracking match on FOX sports to see Perth Spirit cause an upset and beat the Melbourne Rising.....suggest you watch NRC grand final next weekend to see the positives ARU doing on rugby front (which yes hidden secret as not marketed it).....do yourself a favour and rather than debate Beale stuff which ancient history - watch the future of rugby and next up and coming stars on offer....as in case you have not realised...already seen 3 Melbourne Rising/Rebels players and one Perth Spirit / Force player added to Wallabies spring tour based on NRC form...

Who cares about Beale sage as decision been made and now we move on....

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
....pretty much all of the evidence can be extracted forensically from a phone.
Maybe, maybe not. There are a lot of variables. And of course evidence might also be potentially available from other sources, although probably not available to the ARU.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Who pays for the legals is another thing I bet we never find out. KB (Kurtley Beale) and his team are not going to pour fuel on the fire by coming out and saying anything. The ARU certainly won't be saying anything. There probably will be a confidential settlement anyway.

All speculation of course but just think about who called a Tribunal and failed to show up with the evidence.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So now it looks like $45,000 plus six match payments. Not small change for a guy on a regular contract. This matter should be closed now unless the ARU announce something new or the phone Bill Pulver is allegedly demanding be returned turns up.

Just read Rebecca Wilson's article of 10 October which makes a lot of sense when considering the Tribunal outcome. Perhaps her sources are a bit more reliable than those sledging her credentials. Then you should read her article from last night.

Only if you want to inform yourselves though.

Rebecca Wilson's sources? Reliable?

Can anyone else tell me how Jesse Mogg is doing in the AFL?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It will definitely be from a post tax net amount, how they go about collecting that I don't know.
I disagree.
I am assuming that the organisation they choose to donate the money to,will be a registered charity.
If this is the case,it will be totally deductible,and as such no need for the ARU to withhold any tax.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
So all the rugby fans on hear still debating the Beale sage and you probably hence missed a cracking match on FOX sports to see Perth Spirit cause an upset and beat the Melbourne Rising...suggest you watch NRC grand final next weekend to see the positives ARU doing on rugby front (which yes hidden secret as not marketed it)...do yourself a favour and rather than debate Beale stuff which ancient history - watch the future of rugby and next up and coming stars on offer..as in case you have not realised.already seen 3 Melbourne Rising/Rebels players and one Perth Spirit / Force player added to Wallabies spring tour based on NRC form.

Who cares about Beale sage as decision been made and now we move on..
Most people who care about the state of Australian rugby care about the Beale saga. It was a farce in terms of the process outcome and the dismal handling by the ARU. i can't see how Ulrich overstepped anything.
Heard of mult-tasking? What? You think someone can't read a post while players are down injured or there is some other break in the NRC? I see you can't spell or at least spell check while posting and watching the NRC. To suggest the additions to the Wallabies squad was solely on NRC form is nonsense.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
So all the rugby fans on hear still debating the Beale sage and you probably hence missed a cracking match on FOX sports to see Perth Spirit cause an upset and beat the Melbourne Rising...suggest you watch NRC grand final next weekend to see the positives ARU doing on rugby front (which yes hidden secret as not marketed it)...do yourself a favour and rather than debate Beale stuff which ancient history - watch the future of rugby and next up and coming stars on offer..as in case you have not realised.already seen 3 Melbourne Rising/Rebels players and one Perth Spirit / Force player added to Wallabies spring tour based on NRC form.

Who cares about Beale sage as decision been made and now we move on..
Jeez thanks for going off topic and wrecking the fucking recording I'm half way through fucking watching. FFS keep outcomes of games in match threads.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
To be honest I'm just glad this ridiculous storm in a tea cup is over. I won't go over the whole thing again, as I think after 137 pages it's the bulk has been covered.

What I will say us that people do need to get off their high horses on this one and accept it's not a simple case of simply "Beale's a c##t and it's all sexism". Was there sexism? Was Beale a rank prick? Sure, but that doesn't mean that Patston's character should be beyond rebuke. People have become incredibly angry at her background being looked at, but I think there's an element of male guilt in that, and reckon if Patston had been a man and all this stuff about spider bites and American style attempts at extortion law-suits, then people would have been less forgiving.

It all goes to character, and whilst we're all aware of Beale's character, few people were aware of Patston's so it was always going to get looked at.

At the end of the day though, the fall-out from this mostly reflects on the huge gap in management skills between Union and League in this country. This whole affair was rank amateur hour bulls##t from the Wallabies management - Patston, Link and Doyle - and just terrible oversight and brand management from the ARU.

To me THAT's the story of this whole affair; that a mean text message and an argument over T-Shirts on a pre-dawn flight to a country where no-one has heard of Rugby was managed in a way that was so incompetent, so lacking in transparency and urgency, that it was allowed not just to drag on for months, but to cost effectively the entire Wallabies coaching set-up their jobs.

Now, I was a big fan of Beale this year, but he's an idiot and I don't have any sympathy for his "character suffering" as a result of his stupidity. Likewise, I was a big fan Link when he first came on board, but the fallout of this is very much on him and Pulver, and it the entire thing has been profoundly disappointing.
You need to learn a few things about workplace health and safety and that the outcome in harassment cases is not based on an argument along the lines of "yeah, sure I'm a dickhead, but so is she and so she deserved it."

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm not sure if I am alone in this opinion or not, but here goes....... I just don't care about this anymore.

I don't, I really don't. I am happy it is over (for now anyway). I don't really care about the punishment, I don't really care about the ARU.

I cared a week or two ago but this thing has dragged out for so long with such murky, murky information that I have now just switched off totally.

I don't side with Kurtley (he's an idiot) and I don't side with Link (there were plenty of problems without the KB (Kurtley Beale) thing anyway). I just want to watch some rugby.

And yes I know coming on to a thread to say I don't care about the subject is, well, pointless. But that's something I will have to live with.

P

Paradox

Saw Pulver on TV and when he was asked about Beale's future in rugby he said something like it's uncertain and he has had a lot of indiscretions - this is hugely different from the impression I got earlier today. I'm starting to think...having read Rebecca Wilson's article and the stuff about 2 phones etc...that I've been sucked into her spin.

P

Paradox

I'm not sure if I am alone in this opinion or not, but here goes... I just don't care about this anymore.

I don't, I really don't. I am happy it is over (for now anyway). I don't really care about the punishment, I don't really care about the ARU.

I cared a week or two ago but this thing has dragged out for so long with such murky, murky information that I have now just switched off totally.

I don't side with Kurtley (he's an idiot) and I don't side with Link (there were plenty of problems without the KB (Kurtley Beale) thing anyway). I just want to watch some rugby.

And yes I know coming on to a thread to say I don't care about the subject is, well, pointless. But that's something I will have to live with.

It does get rather exhausting.

something

Jim Clark (26)
"First and foremost, Kurtley Beale is an athlete. An immensely gifted sports hero that epitomises what it means to be 'The Modern Wallaby'. Sometimes i wish i could have 10 Kurtley Beale's..... and 12 Israel Folau's

Now watch me throw this football over those mountains" Pulver 2014

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
This would be relevant if he was in the public service. He's not.

Just to clarify. I. Wanted him booted too. Just not going to join in on the "holier than though" crap.
No it is very relevant here. If Patston went to the police over the txt with that evidence he would have been charged. He was lucky the complaint remained an internal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.