• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Semi Final - Melbourne Rising v Perth Spirit - Saturday 25 October at 3:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Advantage to Spirit. They just need to play advantage and kick the goal. DHP breaks about three tackles in the mean time, Holmes to the Spirit 13 and he's in again!

That's the game, Spirit win.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Exciting game in the end, Spirit suffocated the Rising, who couldn't get their attack flowing. Spirit played better field position rugby and forced turnovers and mistakes galore from the Rising.

Huge upset, but Spirit the better team on the day.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Lots and lots to talk about. First of all I'd like to congratulate the Spirit on a wonderful game. I'd always been scared this would happen, and wanted the Vikings or the Rays to sneak in, as the Spirit had the greatest potential outside the top 3. Fabulous game on the defence, and took every opportunity afforded to them.

Another fabulous performance from the tight 5. Smith, Leafa, Alo-Emile, Jeffries, Neville, Ah-Nau and Sexton, will all relish the time spent playing with each other and creating combinations. Big shout out to debutant Gus Hamilton who did not look out of his depth for 1 second.

As good as Sione and Orange Juice are, we did miss Jones and McMahon. The rustiness of Sefa, despite his strengths also showed that we missed Engo.

But we had plenty of opportunity to win that game. To come away scoreless in that first 20 minutes meant we would always be chasing the game, as around that 20-25 minute mark, in every game this season, we've let the opposition in. Poor decision making, and poor execution in general were the enemies on attack and on defence, the alignment was all out of wack.

Well done Spirit. Hopefully we get a chance at revenge next year. I'll be supporting you in the final. Even though you're stacked, City is too, and unjustifiably so.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
Lots and lots to talk about. First of all I'd like to congratulate the Spirit on a wonderful game. I'd always been scared this would happen, and wanted the Vikings or the Rays to sneak in, as the Spirit had the greatest potential outside the top 3. Fabulous game on the defence, and took every opportunity afforded to them.

Another fabulous performance from the tight 5. Smith, Leafa, Alo-Emile, Jeffries, Neville, Ah-Nau and Sexton, will all relish the time spent playing with each other and creating combinations. Big shout out to debutant Gus Hamilton who did not look out of his depth for 1 second.

As good as Sione and Orange Juice are, we did miss Jones and McMahon. The rustiness of Sefa, despite his strengths also showed that we missed Engo.

But we had plenty of opportunity to win that game. To come away scoreless in that first 20 minutes meant we would always be chasing the game, as around that 20-25 minute mark, in every game this season, we've let the opposition in. Poor decision making, and poor execution in general were the enemies on attack and on defence, the alignment was all out of wack.

Well done Spirit. Hopefully we get a chance at revenge next year. I'll be supporting you in the final. Even though you're stacked, City is too, and unjustifiably so.

Stacked? Pot. Kettle

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
A boilover from the Perth Pigs!

0kv1J0T.png

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great game...and fact Rising on to for whole season but couldn't reach GF is what makes it exciting for NRC.........

Interestingly had 3 Melbourne Rising / Rebel players and one Spirit / Force player who made spring wallabies tour based on their NRC form which is fantastic to see that NRC comp doing its bit as pathway to Super Rugby and Wallabies...

Great result to see GF hosted at Ballymore and personally glad Country did not win against City for purely reason god knows where they would have hosted it but lets face it Country teams have no steady loyal fan base to attend home games given they just it represent Country regional areas....

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
Don't mean it like that.

We're stacked. So were you (in this game). Vikings and City too.

But had Eagles gotten through, I'd be supporting them. Its a stupid thing but its my thing. :p

Cool, bro. Shame after such a ripper season the Rising didn't take the cup. By far the dominant team in the qualifying rounds.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)

Oh, the bitterness over City!

Heaps of guys who would've been with Qld Country from the Reds, I understand, are out. These include: Ben Daley, Blake Enever (just signed a full contract with the Brumbies), Lolo (Reds WTS), third choice Reds halfback whose name escapes me, Harris (I think?), Reds capped Sam Johnston only played a few games. I assume Shipperley may also have gone to Country. Not sure on CFS, too. Sure there are others I have forgotten.

But yes, City did get the better of the players, but it's not as bad as it looks thanks to a lot of Reds injuries.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ddn't City get the bulk of the WTS as well? And the best of the club players? And guys like Kerevi and Kuridrani who weren't signed this year but will be next?

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Ddn't City get the bulk of the WTS as well? And the best of the club players? And guys like Kerevi and Kuridrani who weren't signed this year but will be next?

QLD has a good squad but you can't beat Super experience like Schatz, Gill, Browning, Dulesy, Frisby, Kerevi, Quade, Horwill, Genia and others. Country will be better next year with the same squad and a couple of new x factor players.

Didn't get to see the game but from the stats it looks like Spirit played the typical grinding Force game and took the opportunities available to them, no?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Well done Perth. I thought (hoped) we might snatch it at the end but, you were the better team on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.