• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

The Australian Rugby Union today confirmed Qantas Wallabies head coach Michael Cheika has advised Kurtley Beale will not join the squad for the Spring Tour," an ARU spokesman said on Saturday.
"From time to time there are changes to personnel during tours, due to injury or other matters, and we will advise if there are any changes to this position."

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Refer me to the criminal code he has violated.
Go back in the thread I posted the act and section. Commonwealth Telecommunications Act.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/kurtley-beale.14893/page-98#post-676466

@ Braveheart if a complaint is made and evidence supports the complaint an officer may elect to exercise their discretion, but where the evidence is of such a nature and strength they would be on shaky ground to do so. Consider the point of how many people get arrested/put before the courts for the offence of Offensive Conduct or Offensive Language.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Go back in the thread I posted the act and section. Commonwealth Telecommunications Act.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/kurtley-beale.14893/page-98#post-676466

@ Braveheart if a complaint is made and evidence sports the complaint an officer may elect to exercise their discretion, but we're the evidence is of such a nature and strength they would be on shakey ground to do so. Consider the point of how many people get arrested/put before the courts for the offence of Offensive Conduct or Offensive Language.

My experience is that few people get charged with those crimes and those that do are generally at the more severe end of the spectrum.

I think it is incredibly unlikely that criminal charges would be laid in this situation even if Patston made a complaint.

something

Jim Clark (26)
No it is very relevant here. If Patston went to the police over the txt with that evidence he would have been charged. He was lucky the complaint remained an internal one.

imagine if Di retaliated and it became a police affair. How stupid would the ARU look then. If she was out for revenge it certainly could.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
This whole issue has highlighted for all to see just what my mate Redshappy has been posting for years. The management of the ARU is poor and unprofessional.
Have a think about how this whole mess has been handled since it first started. Managers at all levels have failed to do their jobs. As a result talented individuals have been exposed to ridicule and have resigned. They hold culpability for their actions or lack of them, and the structures that they were able to control to manage such incidents. The senior management failed utterly to deal with this issue. It is not as if it is the first time something like this has happened, yet there is no set procedure or judiciary to hear the matters. Instead its all fly by night with each individual incident being dealt with as they arise. If an organisation wants to project clarity and engender confidence in the system they will ensure the systems are robust from the start. Pulver has to accept responsibility for this, for his lack of support for Mackenzie, for the constant leaks from ARU headquarters feeding the media snippets of information which did nothing but drag the game through the mud. Hawker, where have you been, guarding the rubber stamp, or just reminiscing on your departure from IAG and how to avoid that happening again?

My passion for the Australian game has been on the wane for some time and this may well be the final straw. The acts of the individual (Beale) are bad enough, the compounding of them by the public support of him personally without condemnation of his act and without the qualifying effusive support for Link and Patston from "senior" Wallabies has given me a jaded view of the whole team, as these were the "senior leaders". I really don't know if I can get past this point.

**edit**

I should also have said that empanelling a District Court Judge and then having the ARU and RUPA on the panel, with the player and the ARU represented by other people is a sham of "independence". Why not just have the Judge alone or three of them, and the player can be represented by his lawyer or RUPA rep. and the ARU similarly.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm not looking through 140 pages and I'm not a lawyer but I doubt distributing a message with a picture that says another person's name on it is a crime. The 2nd text is possibly another story.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
My experience is that few people get charged with those crimes and those that do are generally at the more severe end of the spectrum.

I think it is incredibly unlikely that criminal charges would be laid in this situation even if Patston made a complaint.

And what is your experience Braveheart?

You should be able to deduce what mine is, and I have seen numerous people before the court for offensive behaviour of a similar severity, it is not usually in a workplace scenario, but that doesn't change the application of the law, just opens other avenues of restitution.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'm not looking through 140 pages and I'm not a lawyer but I doubt distributing a message with a picture that says another person's name on it is a crime. The 2nd text is possibly another story.

I posted the links for you. The Act is quite clear and straight forward.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Really, a picture of a naked woman with the caption "Di" is deeply offensive?

I have two daughters. I personally wouldn't give a rats arse if somebody sent something like that about me. I have been called worse. But if somebody sent something like that about my wife or daughters there would be consequences and I know that they would be deeply offended and hurt.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah, I agree with gnostic on this. Its offensive, and borderline sexual harassment. There are still to many unanswered questions for me to say much more, other than good on wallaby coaches/management for not taking Beale on tour.

T

Train Without a Station

The tribunal has actually returned more questions than answers

T

Train Without a Station

If Beale had been a player to never err this would be perhaps lenient but fair punishment based on what he has been blamed for.

As I've said previously, if that was the case you could accept he was contrite and this was an anomaly of character.

This clearly is not the case though.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
That is a great idea Gnostic. Di should go to the police and show them the texts on her phone. That should clear everything up. Will be terribly interested on what laws may have been broken with the transmission of the second text.

Status
Not open for further replies.