• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

That is a great idea Gnostic. Di should go to the police and show them the texts on her phone. That should clear everything up. Will be terribly interested on what laws may have been broken with the transmission of the second text.

Probably the ones he referenced

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
can all you lawyers forget about your day jobs when posting on here,for a change.
there is more to life(and rugby)than a point of law

Isn't there?

T

Train Without a Station

can all you lawyers forget about your day jobs when posting on here,for a change.
there is more to life(and rugby)than a point of law

Isn't there?

The hide of people to post legal precedent to support they're view that you disagree with

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Who pays for the legals is another thing I bet we never find out. KB (Kurtley Beale) and his team are not going to pour fuel on the fire by coming out and saying anything. The ARU certainly won't be saying anything. There probably will be a confidential settlement anyway.

All speculation of course but just think about who called a Tribunal and failed to show up with the evidence.

There's no way Beale would have gotten one cent for his defence. He was found guilty. His legal fees would not have been cheap, though. Some of those guys cost well in excess of $500 / hour. In our company, I've seen invoices from the legal firm we use include something like 12 minutes of photocopying for about $50!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The timing of the hearing demanded by Beale's lawyers is interesting - after the plane for the EOYT had departed.

Don't forget, this whole thing would've been sorted BEFORE Link resigned, so Link would have been present, if the original time scheduled for the hearing by the ARU had been adhered to.

In the end of the day, there's lots of curious bits that make little sense without knowing all the details - which I suspect will likely never come out.

I'm over it, over Beale, over the ARU. Cheika did the right thing by not taking Beale on the EOYT, he should be congratulated on that.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I want to add my absolute disgust at this result. It's a joke and I also will not be supporting the Wallabies if Beale plays.

The ARU are shit. My wallaby jumpers going to the op shop.[/quote

Wobbly, don't let an ignorant prick like Beale (who the ARU has been 'supporting' for 10 years), get to you. A mate of mine, who rarely swears said "Beale can fuck off and take Folau with him"!!! Much passion over this debarckle!

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Whilst not a legal expert, I am told courts take into account a persons qualifications and experience when handing down judgements. If you are just an ordinary Joe and get ripped off in an investment you will be judged differently to say somebody who has a business degree.

It has not been clarified as to wether the Business Manager had qualifications and training in the psychology area. This gives you the skill set to deal with some seriously messed up people and situations. Imagine what a prison psychologist has to deal with.

This does not excuse KB (Kurtley Beale) from what he did, however it is relevant to how the issue was handled in June. Swept under the carpet vs dealt internally to the staisfaction of people with appropriate skill set.

At the end of the day qualifications will remain one of the many known unknowns. The Coach and Business Manager chose not to attend, many other questions remain unanswered. I am happy for them to remain unanswered as I fear having all the answers will cause damage to people outside of the public domain beyond what has already occurred. Time to move on.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
I disagree.
I am assuming that the organisation they choose to donate the money to,will be a registered charity.
If this is the case,it will be totally deductible,and as such no need for the ARU to withhold any tax.

Yeah your right if kurtly makes the donation, but I was under the impression (and I could be wrong) that he had been fined and the ARU were going to make the donation as a face saving measure. Obviously there is no tax break for the ARU

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
This whole issue has highlighted for all to see just what my mate Redshappy has been posting for years. The management of the ARU is poor and unprofessional.
Have a think about how this whole mess has been handled since it first started. Managers at all levels have failed to do their jobs. As a result talented individuals have been exposed to ridicule and have resigned. They hold culpability for their actions or lack of them, and the structures that they were able to control to manage such incidents. The senior management failed utterly to deal with this issue. It is not as if it is the first time something like this has happened, yet there is no set procedure or judiciary to hear the matters. Instead its all fly by night with each individual incident being dealt with as they arise. If an organisation wants to project clarity and engender confidence in the system they will ensure the systems are robust from the start. Pulver has to accept responsibility for this, for his lack of support for Mackenzie, for the constant leaks from ARU headquarters feeding the media snippets of information which did nothing but drag the game through the mud. Hawker, where have you been, guarding the rubber stamp, or just reminiscing on your departure from IAG and how to avoid that happening again?

My passion for the Australian game has been on the wane for some time and this may well be the final straw. The acts of the individual (Beale) are bad enough, the compounding of them by the public support of him personally without condemnation of his act and without the qualifying effusive support for Link and Patston from "senior" Wallabies has given me a jaded view of the whole team, as these were the "senior leaders". I really don't know if I can get past this point.

**edit**

I should also have said that empanelling a District Court Judge and then having the ARU and RUPA on the panel, with the player and the ARU represented by other people is a sham of "independence". Why not just have the Judge alone or three of them, and the player can be represented by his lawyer or RUPA rep. and the ARU similarly.

On the surface of this, you are in fact criticising the gaps of the very structures and procedures that these talented individuals chose to veil themselves in - one had free reign and glossed over every detail (micromanaged) and the other judiciously waived judgement when policy and procedure dictated differently (if initially viewed seriously as it is now). From the top down, senior management can only act on what is within structures i.e policy - the gaps or the engagement of how these policies are practiced is all politicking - including the support from players, which seems sensible as noone condoned the behaviour. If policy/procedures were followed in the first instance - Beale would already be on a plane overseas in another strip.

I think your dribbling if your questioning the independence of the panel - which includes a court judge whose very credibility is on the line by agreeing to take part. Noone likes the way it played out but i suspect it'll take more than this to abandon your passion for the game.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yeah, I agree with gnostic on this. Its offensive, and borderline sexual harassment. There are still to many unanswered questions for me to say much more, other than good on wallaby coaches/management for not taking Beale on tour.
It reflects poorly on Pulver that he said KB (Kurtley Beale) was ok to tour in his opinion.
You would have expected that Cheika would have been keener for KB (Kurtley Beale) to tour than Pulver would have been.
Kudos to Cheika.

P

Paradox

I notice that you have used the singular, when it appears that there were more than one text sent. So it seems that he sent a text for which he was found guilty, but there is not enough evidence to suggest that he sent the most offensive text. (which I assume is what you are referring to as the text).

Umm no. Bad assumption

Status
Not open for further replies.