• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I'm off the Wallabies for now, they make me feel sad and angry.

The Reds however haven't made me feel bad for months now so I'm feeling good about the Reds and all things QLD.

I'm therefore putting in an early tip for the lineup that will face the Brumbies in Rd 1 2015 (provided nobody injures themselves).

1. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
3. Fa'agase
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Browning (Thomson isn't arriving till late I'm fairly sure)
7. Gill
8. Schatz
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Turner
12. Tapuai
13. Kerevi
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. Hunt

16. Hanson
17. Daley
18. Talakai
19. McDuling
20. Tui
21. Frisby
22. Fainga'a
23. CFS

I'd go with Ant before Taps at 12. That defensive structure he provides will give more of an all round balance.

K

KAOPointman

I'd go with Ant aswell. Him and his brother are demon defenders. Ant espescially has great defensive reads! Taps would suit being an impact player better then ant aswell anyway!

Go the REDS

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Our membership rolled over and our 12 monthly payment plan continued. So I guess that number is all of us. $35 or so a month is pretty good.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Plus I am certain that some of our big signings would have pulled in a few members already.
The Bookies are already getting excited about us! Odds shortening.....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414241242.957023.jpg

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was browsing through an article on Brad Thorn http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/rug...-and-finish-line/story-fndpt9s1-1227102239470 and then this line smacked me between the eyes:

Thorn offered his services to the Queensland Reds for 2015 but with their lock positions already filled, talks broke down.

Words fail me. Given a choice of Eddie O'd coming off the bench or Brad Thorn, not even RG should have had difficulty making that decision.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Former Souths Magpies and Reds U-20 player Benjamin Tarr (plays THP - we desperately need some right now) has been named in the USA Eagles Squad for the November tour, including the All Blacks: http://www.rugbytoday.com/elite/35-tabbed-november-eagle-duty

I was browsing through an article on Brad Thorn http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/rug...-and-finish-line/story-fndpt9s1-1227102239470 and then this line smacked me between the eyes:

Thorn offered his services to the Queensland Reds for 2015 but with their lock positions already filled, talks broke down.

Words fail me. Given a choice of Eddie O'd coming off the bench or Brad Thorn, not even RG should have had difficulty making that decision.

We don't really know when the talks occurred and more importantly when they occurred relative to other signings. Only so much money in the bank, mate.

It would seem that it may have been a little late on in the negotiating stages for 2015 when he did his rounds through all of the Australian franchises and did not immediately receive any offer from any of them:

"He was talking with other Australian franchises when the offer came from the Tigers."

T

Train Without a Station

The reds have 2 wallabies starting. Then they have Dave mcduling being developed off the bench and blame enever coming through.

Thorn would be a terrible signing as he only has a year in him and apparently Horwill is leaving in 2016, meaning we'd be missing a starting lock and a bench lock then.

Not saying that's the right call, but I think it makes your black and white decision a lot more difficult than you think.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It was covered pretty well a few months ago but Thorn's biggest benefit would've been to team culture and marketing. So yes, from a purely on field point of view, not an ideal signing (certainly not a bad one!) but holistically it still would've been a great signing I think, even for one year.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The reds have 2 wallabies starting. Then they have Dave mcduling being developed off the bench and blame enever coming through.

Thorn would be a terrible signing as he only has a year in him and apparently Horwill is leaving in 2016, meaning we'd be missing a starting lock and a bench lock then.

Not saying that's the right call, but I think it makes your black and white decision a lot more difficult than you think.

Enever has signed for the Brumbies. Maybe Thorn would have been a good fit for 12 months.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Has anyone heard anything about any new support staff? I seem to recall someone somewhere mentioning that different support staff were being looked at due to the end of season review. I think the reds CEO mentioned it in one of the Australian articles as well ("judge us on next year's first game with proper support staff " or something like that).

Also that new Jersey flashed in the gala ball video looks pretty awesome. I like the pattern. Who knows how we will go next year, but at least or Jersey will look the best :p

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
...Also that new Jersey flashed in the gala ball video looks pretty awesome. I like the pattern. Who knows how we will go next year, but at least or Jersey will look the best :p

What new jersey? I just re-watched the 2015 squad announcement video on youtube and didn't see any jersey flashed on the screen.

Reactions: gel

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Thorn would have been a good man to have around the squad. We have Thomson, but can't you have two marquee's or am I reading from the wrong script

Status
Not open for further replies.