• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm assuming this was the "Queenslander" comment.

As an aside I was about to post a picture of the ugliest naked person I could find and caption it Qwerty, to see the reaction. As soon as I googled that though I realised I was in over my head.
No it wasn't the queenslander comment.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
There's no way Beale would have gotten one cent for his defence. He was found guilty. His legal fees would not have been cheap, though. Some of those guys cost well in excess of $500 / hour. In our company, I've seen invoices from the legal firm we use include something like 12 minutes of photocopying for about $50!

Yep, I've also seen quotes form legals firms up around the $4k mark, just to add a few sentences regarding terms and conditions.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
Really, a picture of a naked woman with the caption "Di" is deeply offensive?
If your name is Di and it is directed to you then hell yes it is absolutely offensive. If someone put my name on a pic like that and sent it out to his mates (and me by mistake) I would be completely mortified, humiliated, offended, disgusted etc.
Men may not think that way if it was about them, but I can bet that the majority of women would.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
If your name is Di and it is directed to you then he'll yes it is absolutely offensive. If someone put my name on a pic like that and sent it out to his mates (and me by mistake) I would be completely mortified, humiliated, offended, disgusted etc.
Men may not think that way if it was about them, but I can bet that the majority of women would.
Even men don't like being humiliated.

Beale was a tool to start this whole affair.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...aru-text-scandal/story-e6freon6-1227102288122

This morning's article from Rebecca Wilson. Probably won't be read by anyone who feels what she has to say runs counter to their beliefs.

For those concerned about what might have happened she has dribbled out a few more clues. I think the good news is that if the ARU refuse to be transparent about this I think the papers will end up giving out enough hints for people to figure it out for themselves.

All reports continue to confirm to me that there has been no condoning of any sexual harassment by anyone at the ARU or within the Wallabies. Real supporters should not be perpetuating this crap. There is going to be enough pressure exerted on the game and on sponsors by the sexual harassment/workplace bullying industry who do not care about the facts or consequences, only about the tweet and headline.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This morning's article from Rebecca Wilson. Probably won't be read by anyone who feels what she has to say runs counter to their beliefs.

Wouldn't you have to read it to know that?
To my reading there's only one new piece of information and its in the last paragraph.
Seems the tele is after Hawker and Pulver now.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So what I would like to know is if this was a player of a non indigenous background, would he still have a contract?

Genuine question not a wind up. Surely it must play a role?

But regardless it is good to see that Cheika's zero dipstickdickhead policy remains in full force.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I find it so bizzare that he hasn't been sacked. He didn't need to be fined or disciplined, lectured, publicly humiliated or made to front a legal hearing. Just sacked on the spot, real simple stuff. Here's a box, go clean your locker out.

Thats just far to easy and sensible for the ARU.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
IS that is only because you are open minded and mostly read stuff before you comment. Largely the article further confirms a chain of events which has steadily become clearer (to some of us anyway). It is the first time I have actually seen mention that a position has been taken that the second text was fabricated.

"Pulver has made a huge issue of the first text message but stubbornly refused to address the issue of who fabricated the second text and why. He has been asked repeatedly by Beale’s supporters to seek out the author of the second, much more offensive, text."

The argument about what is offensive or not, or more, has been played out in the Tribunal and a decision made by informed panellists. There has been no condoning of sexual harassment. Everyone has deplored it, Beale has emotionally apologised in June and again in his statements. The moment the ARU found out about it they have set up a Tribunal.

The issues here are now about integrity of the parties and the process.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
ARU cannot dismiss him on the spot because of the Code of Conduct negotiated with RUPA. No doubt they were very frustrated by that a couple of weeks ago but are probably ordering Greg Harris a case of Australia's finest sparkling as I write.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So what I would like to know is if this was a player of a non indigenous background, would he still have a contract?

Genuine question not a wind up. Surely it must play a role?

But regardless it is good to see that Cheika's zero dipstickdickhead policy remains in full force.

I think yes, bit a less talented would have been shoved out the door ages ago.

Aus's small talent pool had let some of the "specials ones" become princesses.

We are still learning how to take that precociously talented schoolboy and turn him into a man.

I read once the physiological descriptors of the really talented in an article about the AFL draft. The same traits that make them see that gap earlier and take that chance can also see them have that extra drink, bet, break those rules or try something illegal.

The best kids, get everything laid on a platter for them, scholarships, full time contracts etc etc

We got it right with Gerrard, but even Cam Shepherd did a car run once. JOC (James O'Connor), Cooper & Beale? Well Cooper seems to have learned and grown up, the other two?

P

Paradox

Really? Don't you think the difference between the singular and the plural is important? Particularly when a person has been found guilty of sending one particular image and not guilty of sending another?
You appear to be twisting what I said. I said "text" because the tribunal stated he sent one text (which was very offensive). It couldn't be proven he sent the other "more offensive" text hence my use of singular over plural. You jumped in and assumed I was referring to the other "more offensive" text.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
What I'd love to know statistically is how many people in this thread have called someone they work with / know a fat cow / bitch / dickhead / asshole / etc in private or had a laugh at that person's expense in closed quarters?

Everyone? Probably close. You just chose a different means of communication because of that same instinct us humanoids have that stops us from chewing our own arms off at will when we're hungry, also known as self preservation. Unfortunate for some, it does not always kick in.

The moral of the story is that there is no moral high ground to be had here. None.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Paradox, I think the point is that two texts are on Patston's phone but the Tribunal only found that Beale sent one.

This is not some technicality about being unable to prove Beale guilty, the second text DID NOT come from Beale's phone.

So where did it come from? As noted above someone believes that it may have been fabricated.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What I'd love to know statistically is how many people in this thread have called someone they work with / know a fat cow / bitch / dickhead / asshole / etc in private or had a laugh at that person's expense in closed quarters?

Everyone? Probably close. You just chose a different means of communication because of that same instinct us humanoids have that stops us from chewing our own arms off at will when we're hungry, also known as self preservation. Unfortunate for some, it does not always kick in.

The moral of the story is that there is no moral high ground to be had here. None.
Not the same.
A closer analogy would be that it was yelled out in front of most of the workplace in the victims presence.
Making a politically incorrect statement quietly to one or two workmates,is not comparable.

P

Paradox

Paradox, I think the point is that two texts are on Patston's phone but the Tribunal only found that Beale sent one.

This is not some technicality about being unable to prove Beale guilty, the second text DID NOT come from Beale's phone.

So where did it come from? As noted above someone believes that it may have been fabricated.

Once again, this has nothing to do with what I stated. I stated that Beale was found guilty of sending an offensive text. The "text" I referred to was the one he was found guilty of sending. I don't know anything about the origin of the second text as the official ARU statement was very vague about this. To suggest something like it was fabricated is pure speculation at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.