• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Beale's future is all the hands of the ARU's contracting team - now supposedly taking orders from Michael Chieka. Under these circumstances it's pretty safe to think we will see KB (Kurtley Beale) in the sky blue next year.

But hey, it's Australian Rugby, so you never know what's coming round the bend.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Pretty sure Ben Whitticker is in charge of the ARU top ups. Obviously the Wallaby coach would have quite a bit of input into this. This might reduce the chances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd think that there's a very high likelihood that Beale will still be at the Waratahs in 2015 after Friday's conclusion.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So Beale is around.

And Peterson is off to the US of A. Well good luck to him - because what I saw at NRC level didn't impress me. Looks like a bloke who was bigger than all the other kids at school level and never had to work hard as a result.

According to his Tahs profile, his dream is to own a 69 Camaro. He'll have more luck with that over there. Goodbye.

Holloway now considered a lock replacement.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Looks like a bloke who was bigger than all the other kids at school level and never had to work hard as a result.

Holloway now considered a lock replacement.

Holloway did show his worth at the Rams,I'd like to see Volavola and Taqele N(alphabet) get more of a go next Super season. How did you get the Rams flag on your profile?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Like a dodgy prick :)

Nah seriously, do these steps:

Go into "Your Profile"
Then under "Personal Details" you have "Flagship Team" - stick the name in there, then under it you have colours for Primary Colour, Secondary, Tertiary (optional).

You have to know colour hex codes. For Rams I just did basic Navy, Orange, and White, so the data I entered was:

FF7D40
FFFFFF

Order them any way you want.

S120

Chris McKivat (8)
And Peterson is off to the US of A. Well good luck to him - because what I saw at NRC level didn't impress me. Looks like a bloke who was bigger than all the other kids at school level and never had to work hard as a result.

This is spot on to me.

I played against him at school a little and his size advantage at that level was absurd but he hasn't really developed the aggression or athleticism to make it a point of difference since graduating IMO. Still slow, poor body height making him a weapon at the set piece but not much else. Not much of a loss for the squad really.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
The Tele says that Dave Dennis is now focusing on becoming a lock. This is not a bad solution to the Kane Douglas gap. Good at lineouts, can play full 80, allows Hoiles into the 15. I still expect to see Holloway in the squad as a lock/backrower.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
I love being a New South Welshman. Here we sit patiently waiting for the season to start, confident in our players and management. Just shooting the shit about how to colour in flags. Meanwhile the Reds mindlessly run in circles shooting each other down as they rabidly approach their 4000th post.

T

Train Without a Station

I love being a New South Welshman. Here we sit patiently waiting for the season to start, confident in our players and management. Just shooting the shit about how to colour in flags. Meanwhile the Reds mindlessly run in circles shooting each other down as they rabidly approach their 4000th post.

Let's see how chuffed with yourself you are in 3 years time. Because that's how quickly you can end up down the wrong end of the ladder.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
news out today from Pandaram that DD is in San Fransisco woirking with Sparta to try to convert himself into a lock this season. Will be an interesting experiment to see if the additional lean mass gain is enough to cover his lack of height. He's not far off Brad Thorn's stats, but while he can certainly add 5kg, he'll struggle to add 2-3cms.

Still, a good call to try to crack the world cup squad

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Let's see how chuffed with yourself you are in 3 years time. Because that's how quickly you can end up down the wrong end of the ladder.

Agreed. This Cheika thing can't just be a flash in the pan.

It is interesting though that we're talking about DD deciding (or being told) to get himself into position to play lock in order to further his Test career and help his province, while the Reds are trumpeting the signing of 17yo Magnay ahead of the Broncos. I have concerns over the Reds youth policy after their recent loss of older talent in the backline particularly.

But anyway - back to Dave.

while he can certainly add 5kg, he'll struggle to add 2-3cms.

At Super level it probably won't matter, but it will depend who is the blindside and/or 8. I'd rather have a lineout with 4 options around 195 than 2 options at 200+, but it all comes down to the call.

At Test level, it will be mainly about covering the position as a contingency. And if his work around the park is good enough, and his arms long enough, then he'll do OK if he gets in. Lot of competition in the back row though, and he'll have to be fucking good around the park at lock if he wants it, even with Cheika as coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.