• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Perry and Powell both played much better than Doyle and Dowsett. Powell's service from the back of the ruck is second to none.

I don't really think Dowsett offers too much. Sharp pass but very inconsistent, ineffective kicking and running game and not very flash defence, did well to get plucked from Sydney 2nd grade. Powell seems a much more rounded player, especially in defence where he seems effective and very hard on the ball.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Well it was first game at both super rugby and international level where CL played good at 12. Previously he was best at 10. Its a massive shock. Who knows what to do now!

Play him at 10.

He's finally recovering that form from a couple of years ago, so FFS put him int he 10 jersey NOW!

To'omua stays 12, Kuridrani 13 and we make the Wallaby midfield.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Play him at 10.

He's finally recovering that form from a couple of years ago, so FFS put him int he 10 jersey NOW!

To'omua stays 12, Kuridrani 13 and we make the Wallaby midfield.

Plus Tomane and Speight make up the wings. Oh and since Lilo is in form at 10 he becomes the wallabies 10.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Looking forward to seeing how James Dargaville comes on. Really looks to have a fair bit of promise.

From the form shown in the NRC, I would be inclined to play Brett Hawke at 15 in Moggy's absence rather than Robbie.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Enever would've been the 4th or 5th string lock at the Reds, behind Horwill, Simmons, McDuling and maybe O'Donoghue. In 2016 he likely would've been the third string as Horwill and O'Donoghue would likely be gone. Interesting move. Not sure he'd be much higher in the pecking order in the Brumbies, unless Fardy plays blindside.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Enever would've been the 4th or 5th string lock at the Reds, behind Horwill, Simmons, McDuling and maybe O'Donoghue. In 2016 he likely would've been the third string as Horwill and O'Donoghue would likely be gone. Interesting move. Not sure he'd be much higher in the pecking order in the Brumbies, unless Fardy plays blindside.

I'd see him behind Carter, Fardy and Arnold. Staniforth still needs a lot of development imo and Fardy is most likely to stay at 6, so won't surprise me if he is rated No 3 and gets some good time off the bench. Depend if Tim Cree gets a gig with the Brumbies as well. He was very good in the games he played in the NRC.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dan Palmer...........

1414208847790.jpg

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I don't really think Dowsett offers too much. Sharp pass but very inconsistent, ineffective kicking and running game and not very flash defence, did well to get plucked from Sydney 2nd grade. Powell seems a much more rounded player, especially in defence where he seems effective and very hard on the ball.

I thought Dowsett looked good for a rookie scrum half... Give him more time I say

Status
Not open for further replies.