• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Final - Brisbane City v Perth Spirit - Saturday November 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I believe there will be curtain raisers (gates opening around 3pm) which will be the mens and womens finals of the Kings and Queens of Pacific Rugby. Usual stuff of Red Dog, Reds players, kids activities and access to the field post-game.

Should be a great day. If the storms stay away.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I believe there will be curtain raisers (gates opening around 3pm) which will be the mens and womens finals of the Kings and Queens of Pacific Rugby. Usual stuff of Red Dog, Reds players, kids activities and access to the field post-game.

Should be a great day. If the storms stay away.

Who knows if their will be curtain raisers as even for GF seen nothing advertised or marketing GF....hardly anybody would know it s on as you have to search for it to find details as all pull no push marketing of this..

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who knows if their will be curtain raisers as even for GF seen nothing advertised or marketing GF..hardly anybody would know it s on as you have to search for it to find details as all pull no push marketing of this..

you've managed to find this site, register and post. So you must have some sort of concept of the Internet. Have you been to either of the competing teams sites? ARU?

I gather you're not much of a social media guy, as its hard to avoid the promotion there. Bloody hell, if the Brisbane clubs are getting behind it and promoting it.

I think they are doing as much as they can given bugger all funds.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
The ARU, QRU et al don't have a big bunker full of money to throw at filling up a first year final for a third tier competition. I'm sure it will be a good crowd none the less, would love to hear how ticket sales track as the week goes on.

K

KAOPointman

Pretty sure the Spirit got through the game without any major injuries. How are City looking? Frisby said he will be back- but will he be 100%? Kerevi was limping a bit wasn't he? Any chance that Gill, Schatz and Browning pulled hammies in the change rooms after the game?
Haha that's funny....but no, your gunna get hammered haha :)

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
The cliche that games are won up front couldn't be more true for this game. I don't think both sides have that good backlines but their packs are quality, and key to victory on Saturday. Whichever backline gets the most good, front foot ball will probably take this game out.

Despite all the hoo ha about the NRC being about open play, set piece will also be a factor on a sweaty November night. I'm still tipping City for glory.

I just wish people would stop complaining about the NRC and applaud that is Aus Rugby's medicine. The best thing to roll the crowds in is for you to email / message your mates, tell them it's 15 bucks entry and to come on down. I'm having a BBQ with my mates beforehand then we will head down to Ballymore for a great night, regardless if there is 5k or 24k there. pundits should do the same

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not much press coverage. Not from Courier Mail anyway. Quite a bit of stuff on Reds social media account.

Forecast is for hot day followed by storm. Bet it rolls in right around kick off

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I'll be happy with 10k but could understand 5k if that makes sense. Anything over 10 is a great success story

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
I see SuperSport (South Africa) list the game on their schedule, unbelievable, were any other games aired in the past? Hopefully I can watch the game somewhere :)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
As a brief digression, I think the biggest hope for the NRC is actually the overseas TV viewing rights, to NZ, SA and Europe.

Hopefully the teams are named today.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I'm calling it now, Firsby to kill it on Saturday. Underrated player and can be lethal on attack

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm calling it now, Firsby to kill it on Saturday. Underrated player and can be lethal on attack

I don't think calling Frisby underrated in this competition is correct. He has a couple years of Super Rugby experience and has essentially been the best halfback in the NRC. He really should be 'killing it' every week.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I meant underrated in the Super Rugby context, but yes I agree. Really looking forward to this one.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
McInnes Wilson Lawyers Brisbane City v Perth Spirit
Grand Final – Ballymore Stadium, Saturday 1 November

1 Pettowa Paraka – Reds WTS/Easts
2 Andrew Ready – Reds EPS/Easts
3 Sef Faagase – Reds WTS/University of Queensland
4 Marco Kotze – GPS
5 Dave McDuling (C) – Reds/University of Queensland
6 Curtis Browning – Reds/University of Queensland
7 Liam Gill – Reds/Sunnybank