• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Final - Brisbane City v Perth Spirit - Saturday November 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
2014 Buildcorp NRC – Grand Final
Brisbane City v Perth Spirit
Ballymore Oval, Brisbane
Saturday, 1 November 2014
Kick-off: 6.30pm (local)/4.30pm (AWST)

1. Pek Cowan (West Scarborough)
2. Robbie Abel (Cottesloe)
3. Oliver Hoskins (Cottesloe)
4. Sam Wykes (c) (Wests Scarborough)
5. Brent Murphy (Perth Bayswater)
6. Brynard Stander (Nedlands)
7. Kane Koteka (Wests Scarborough)
8. Alex Rovira (Associates)
9. Ian Prior (Nedlands)
10. Zack Holmes (Associates)
11. Marcel Brache (Perth Bayswater)
12. Ammon Matuauto (Associates)
13. Solomoni Rasolea (Cottesloe)
14. Luke Morahan (Kalamunda)
15. Dane Haylett-Petty (Cottesloe)

Reserves
16. Harry Scoble (UWA)
17. Joe Savage (Palmyra)
18. Chris Heiberg (Perth Bayswater)
19. Kieran Stringer (Cottesloe)
20. Richard Hardwick (UWA)
21. Justin Turner (Associates)
22. Davis Tavita (Nedlands)
23. Christian Joubert (UWA)

- See more at: http://www.rugbywa.com.au/article/spirit-retains-squad-grand-final-showdown#sthash.BbTkIKNG.dpuf

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kerevi out is a huge blow but I'm still confident Brisbane will take the cake. Kuridrani has been playing his way into a Red jersey the last few games and will hopefully provide the go-forward in the backline by getting himself more involved.

M

Moono75

This game marks the monumental shift of rugby power across this wide brown land to the West Coast with the Spirit winning the NRC and culminating in the Force taking out the 2015 Super Rugby title!

Rejoice Australia....Rejoice! :D

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I still think Perth may have played their final against the Rising. Also its their third week in a row on the road which must be a bit draining on the non-professional members of the squad.

Question in regards to that actually - what does happen in this situation in the NRC when non-contracted players are required to be away from their 'normal' jobs for extended periods? Surely in the Spirit players case they wouldn't have been flying to and from Perth for the last few weeks.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
This game marks the monumental shift of rugby power across this wide brown land to the West Coast with the Spirit winning the NRC and culminating in the Force taking out the 2015 Super Rugby title!

Rejoice Australia..Rejoice! :D

Get some money on that then Moono!

Odds for 2015 S15 Champion (Aus teams with overall position in brackets)
Waratahs $4.75 (2nd)
Reds $13 (6th)
Brumbies $14 (7th)
Force $81 (12th)
Rebels $101 (13th)

Good value there for the Force!

On the NRC, I think Kerevi out is a big blow. Our midfield combo in Mullins and White now look a bit undersized! Still backing the City though. Hope its a cracker of a game!

M

Moono75

Get some money on that then Moono!

Odds for 2015 S15 Champion (Aus teams with overall position in brackets)
Waratahs $4.75 (2nd)
Reds $13 (6th)
Brumbies $14 (7th)
Force $81 (12th)
Rebels $101 (13th)

Good value there for the Force!

On the NRC, I think Kerevi out is a big blow. Our midfield combo in Mullins and White now look a bit undersized! Still backing the City though. Hope its a cracker of a game!

Might have to look at putting a pineapple on the Force at $81. Will have to check out odds for making the finals also.

Hope this is an open high scoring game. Weather looks good for Saturday. Junior to have a big game.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
Game will be won by forwards. Personal changes in the backline are to me somewhat less relevant. After all Mullins may surprise many on this forum. City by 6

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I think this game is going to go the way of several QLD WA games of times gone by (think R18 2011, and the previous clash between Spirit & City), in that Spirit will dominate possession for long periods of play but concede a couple on the break.

Should be a great game nonetheless

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interesting that Junior Rasolea is moving to 13. Maybe the hope is that he will punch holes out wide where he is that bit further away from the Brisbane backrow.

If Brisbane play a smart, settled game, I think they will win comfortably. If you do silly things (like McIntyre's game last week), then we might have a chance. Our backs can capitalise, but only if given the chance to do so.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I reckon Junior may have moved to 13 to avoid having Kerevi's traffic running at him all game, it would have been tiring for him in defence and may have limited his attack yet that is now a non-factor

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I reckon Junior may have moved to 13 to avoid having Kerevi's traffic running at him all game, it would have been tiring for him in defence and may have limited his attack yet that is now a non-factor
Yeah nah he was at 12 last week to counter Inman and with Kerevi out he is back at his natural position.

Status
Not open for further replies.