• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby's greatest day of shame....

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop kick

Frank Nicholson (4)
If Patston handed in her phone and the aru lost it how did she create the screen shots of 6 of the nine messages? Did she make the partial set of screen shots in June just in case?
If she did have access to her phone in September why didn't she give it back to the aru when she resigned? Why didn't she hand over the three missing messages?
If the second message was sent by someone other than Beale why didn't she bring a complaint against them when she brought the complaint against Beale?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
TBF, society is pretty ducking stupid.
I sat in a tearoom at a hospital where I work, and listened to 3 other surgeons discuss this matter just over a week ago. Besides the fact that none could correctly name Di Patston, or Georgina Robinson, they essentially regurgitated versions of the "story" from whatever paper they habitually read, and pronounced it as gospel. I briefly considered saying something then realised life was too short.
It's frightening what people will accept as "truth" because it gets presented on some type of news site.

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
I think it's fair to assume they won't be offering Beale a top up then.....

Been a new coach since then. Given the new coach

A) has not had a behaviour issue with KB (Kurtley Beale) while at the tahs
B) thinks he's irreplaceable
C) wasn't "directly" impacted by the texts
D) had no connection with dp
E) surely has a say on who he thinks should have a "top up"

I wouldn't be so sure. Going to be interesting.

T

Train Without a Station

If Patston handed in her phone and the aru lost it how did she create the screen shots of 6 of the nine messages? Did she make the partial set of screen shots in June just in case?
If she did have access to her phone in September why didn't she give it back to the aru when she resigned? Why didn't she hand over the three missing messages?
If the second message was sent by someone other than Beale why didn't she bring a complaint against them when she brought the complaint against Beale?

If it was an iPhone or a smart phone the information likely would have been transferred to the new phone too.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I sat in a tearoom at a hospital where I work, and listened to 3 other surgeons discuss this matter just over a week ago.

Surgeon eh.... actually, I think I may have some footage of you and the team in action:

surg2.jpg

..... and then after hours with the band:

surg2-1.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
If it was an iPhone or a smart phone the information likely would have been transferred to the new phone too.

Provided it was backed up to the cloud, then yes. Using you iTunes credentials it will dump the latest backup to your new phone. This requires the user to regularly back up their device, unless they set it up to automatically back up. I think Android have something similar through Google Play, although I haven't used an Android since work moved me to iOS so cannot confirm. surely some nerd out there can confirm?

P

Paradox

Beale lost his phone in Argentina and it couldn't be proved he sent it. I haven't seen the ARU claim someone else sent it.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Need a legal expert, what is the the difference between per the ARU press release;

'to breach' what was the Boards opinion

'to contravene' the Tribunals opinion

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Fuck me how are people still painting Beale as some sort of victim and scapegoat.

If you are a professional athlete who repeatedly breaks laws, Codes of conduct and agreements you will be sacked. That's the reality of it. It's not some campaign against Beale it's the fucking cold, hard reality. If you don't want to be held to a high standard, you picked the wrong fucking career.

If Beale didn't like playing by those guidelines he can go be a labourer, factory hand or any other one of the many things people who have gained no trade or tertiary education do.

Anybody who thinks the ARU's desire to terminate the contract of a player who has been accused of assault three times, charged with drink driving, broken an alcohol ban after assaulting a team mate then being found guilty of a sexual harassment incident is harsh, check yourself into some sort of assisted living facility, because you've lost your fucking marbles.

But TWAS, Beale is vindicated!

Seriously though, I am still fuming over this, do they really think the public see this as an acceptable outcome?

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)

Excellent Points, Watson!

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Fuck me how are people still painting Beale as some sort of victim and scapegoat.

If you are a professional athlete who repeatedly breaks laws, Codes of conduct and agreements you will be sacked. That's the reality of it. It's not some campaign against Beale it's the fucking cold, hard reality. If you don't want to be held to a high standard, you picked the wrong fucking career.

If Beale didn't like playing by those guidelines he can go be a labourer, factory hand or any other one of the many things people who have gained no trade or tertiary education do.

Anybody who thinks the ARU's desire to terminate the contract of a player who has been accused of assault three times, charged with drink driving, broken an alcohol ban after assaulting a team mate then being found guilty of a sexual harassment incident is harsh, check yourself into some sort of assisted living facility, because you've lost your fucking marbles.

Not really. Professional organisations will always weigh up best interests and punters will always forgive indiscretions if player is contrite, has served punishment and a genuinely good bloke. And there are many examples in professional example of those who lived to die another day. KB (Kurtley Beale) did wrong, was punished and managed to squeeze out onto the other side. Fortunate for him. Sad about Patston but shes gone of her own volition - no complaints.

Rugby greatest day of shame, hardly - wasted headline

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Not really. Professional organisations will always weigh up best interests and punters will always forgive indiscretions if player is contrite, has served punishment and a genuinely good bloke. And there are many examples in professional example of those who lived to die another day. KB (Kurtley Beale) did wrong, was punished and managed to squeeze out onto the other side. Fortunate for him. Sad about Patston but shes gone of her own volition - no complaints.

Rugby greatest day of shame, hardly - wasted headline

Suddenly, I am thinking about Fishing....

Status
Not open for further replies.