• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

USA v All Blacks Test - Chicago November 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
They will fall off the pace but I would really love to see the Yanks keep in the contest as long as possible. It would be a great result for the code.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They will fall off the pace but I would really love to see the Yanks keep in the contest as long as possible. It would be a great result for the code.

given the narrowness of the field there may be some value in the "spread" being offered

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^ on t'other hand if it's only 50-odd metres from touch line to touch line a 5/8'with a decent long pass & a big guy on the end of it will be tough to (legally) defend against.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Haha, gotta love US commentary.

I always felt that if I were a US citizen I'd be inclined to take up Baseball. One of my favourite sporting moments simply because of the commentary is Bobby Thomson's shot for the Giants in 1951. Admittedly I never knew about it before watching the movie "Parental Guidance".

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Mate, that's WWF/WWE commentary laid over the footage - sort of the joke!

You don't think they've got a foley studio in the announcers box, do ya? :p

Personally, I really can't tolerate baseball very much.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Mate, that's WWF/WWE commentary laid over the footage - sort of the joke!

You don't think they've got a foley studio in the announcers box, do ya? :p

Personally, I really can't tolerate baseball very much.
That's no problem. The commentary certainly is reminiscent of wrestling which is something I loathe. It is, however, effective in my opinion.

As for Baseball I think it's a cool sport.

That doesn't mean I compare it to rugby since nothing compares to rugby in my opinion.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
What happened to Cam Dolan?

Knee injury - didn't recover fast enough. Danny Barrett has been on fucking fire in the past few tests he's played in as well.

Definitely small for an 8 but if he gets an inch of space he will torch opposing backrowers/centers and most back three players. Also one of those guys that relishes contact, even if he has great evasive skills. He's just a ton of fun to watch.

Unfortunately have to delay the preview. Had to take a late-night client call in the middle of working on it but will return to it once I'm out of meetings tomorrow morning.

M

Moono75

Knee injury - didn't recover fast enough. Danny Barrett has been on fucking fire in the past few tests he's played in as well.

Definitely small for an 8 but if he gets an inch of space he will torch opposing backrowers/centers and most back three players. Also one of those guys that relishes contact, even if he has great evasive skills. He's just a ton of fun to watch.

Unfortunately have to delay the preview. Had to take a late-night client call in the middle of working on it but will return to it once I'm out of meetings tomorrow morning.

.....where are your priorities! Putting work before nonsensical sports banter on an internet forum with strangers from across the world....shame sir.....shame ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Good awareness, and commits the defender right to the last second before BANG! off he goes!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Dismal Pillock, Are the Pitcairn Islands getting a live stream feed, or are the servers there still cooling down?

Byron K would be all in a tiz if he couldn't get a live feed.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
@Dismal Pillock, Are the Pitcairn Islands getting a live stream feed, or are the servers there still cooling down?

Byron K would be all in a tiz if he couldn't get a live feed.

Byron is BANNED from watching the rugby. He gets too emotional. Instead, we stick him on the exercise bike for 80 minutes to power the server.

Then, after the match we unhook the bike and make him ride it home.

Unfortunately, after all that pedaling, the bike is highly electrified:

bike.gif

bicycle.gif

"NOT FAR NOW DRONGO."

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ the players may feel like they're there too:

"Snow-blown wind has swept over Soldier Field today as the USA Eagles and All Blacks completed their captain's runs a day out from their historic rugby test in Chicago."

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/10689104/Chicago-turns-on-the-chill-ahead-of-ABs-match

Forecast I found predicts 7C at kickoff & possibly raining. Hope it doesn't spoil the day or keep people away.

NZ's TAB have suspended head-to-head betting on the AB & offering $51 for a USA win.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Above all the back three of Scully, Wyles and Thompson need to be given as many chances as they can be.

These three are the key for me but not for that reason. With such a narrow field if the back 3 and the centres stay on the same page defensively and push up umbrella style they can limit the 4 tries in 10 mins jailbreak scenario and turn it into a forward tussle. Might be a bit of a shit spectacle for the punters but fuck em do they want a 34-9 loss or an 88-9 hiding with Piutau blitzkrieg jailbreaking for a double hat-trick across the prairies outside Paremoremo?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Have any official pitch dimensions come out? AIG and USAR have been tweeting some pics of the field as they relined it and the snow, etc and it looks like it may end up pretty close to standard width, just not much space for quick throw ins.

I just want to see Thompson or Barrett carry 1-on-1 against Dagg.

Crotty is likely going to abuse Kelly in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.