• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Barbarians - 1/11/14 (Twickenham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
back to the rugby.

if the Wallabies don't win by a margin of 50+, there should be serious questions asked.
the world's number 4 team, playing and training together for a year or more, is opposed by a pick-up team with barely a test class player in its squad and less than a week to prepare.

the Waratahs would beat this Barbarian lot by 50+ and then have a laugh for the second 40 minutes.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
back to the rugby.

if the Wallabies don't win by a margin of 50+, there should be serious questions asked.
the world's number 4 team, playing and training together for a year or more, is opposed by a pick-up team with barely a rest class player in its squad and less than a week to prepare.

the Waratahs would beat this Barbarian lot by 50+ and then have a laugh for the second 40 minutes.

The Wobs are not far off a scratch team and are a scratch team with this coach.
I'd take the Baa Baa's with 49.5 points start: Sportsbet is only offering 20.5 and you can get $1.40 on Australia winning by more than 13 - a certainty per Biffo

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The Wallabies should win this one. Quite a few players have something to prove to the new coach and no doubt there are test spots up for grabs.

Closeish first half and the Wallabies to run up some points in the second.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The Wallabies should win this one. Quite a few players have something to prove to the new coach and no doubt there are test spots up for grabs.

I agree.
What I'm looking for is all and any indicators of attitude.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Will that be after Slipper and Kepu come on?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The talk on here re a NSW conspiracy is just laughable. - and that is from a one-eyed red neck from north of the border.

The conspiracy theorists from the lesser populated States being Qld, SA, Tasmania, WA,in the late 1800's, refused to federate unless equality to those aforementioned States,was given in government. Hence, the Senate - equality in numbers of representatives (Senators), irrespective of population base.

History lesson over.

To keep the srgument going why doesn't the ARU comprise of equal representation from each of the rugby states, being NSW, QLD, WA and Victoria.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ash, i have already surrendered to the superior power of a Canberra professional spinner.

now i must surrender again - to a QLand government professional spinner :)
Listern here Biffo if you can't dominant a tackle in the 10 channel like To'omua does, E.g dropping the T bomb you don't deserve to be in the kitchen.

Foley and Cooper are as good as Cruden as tacklers. They don't need to be great, I settle for having a decent crack at it and sticking most of them.

Foley has always had a crack, Quade in his recent test form has a crack too.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I clearly remember Foley missing tackles in recent test matches including the vital miss that allowed Fekitoa to score the winning try in Bledisloe 3.

Your boy To'omua can go sit in the stands then. He shot out the line and missed a crucial tackle as well during TRC that led to a try.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Your boy To'omua can go sit in the stands then. He shot out the line and missed a crucial tackle as well during TRC that led to a try.
I know your proving a point but that try would have been scored anyway. Foley and Quade are decent enough defenders. The elephant in the room in both games wad the total wave of momentum sweeping us aside.

To'omua went for a shooter to stop it, Foley attempted a tackle got bumped, some times you can't stop it.

I knew at my home I knew we were on the ropes.

dozza

Bob McCowan (2)
Looking forward to this, this will be my first time at a wallabies game. Hoping to see speight and co. run riot

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Looking forward to this, this will be my first time at a wallabies game. Hoping to see speight and co. run riot

Hope you enjoy the game and the Wallabies win by a truckload.

PS I hope Speight and that new bloke, co., perform well. What position does co play????:)

dozza

Bob McCowan (2)
yeah i'm sure co. will be fine, if he's playing on the wing, he'll be in good company... :p

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Personally I thought Lilo outshone To'omua by far.To'omua may find himself a benchie in the coming games.
I think To'omua coped some un warranted crap, no the worlds has not been set on fire but I believe his the 12 we need.

Lealifanio did play well though

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Will that be after Slipper and Kepu come on?

Typically in these games the Barbars compete well early but as the game wears on the cohesion and combinations of the test team come through.

As anaother poster said, I wouldn't mind Silpper and Kepu having a rest or just a token run in the last 5-10 - they've both had long seasons in the heat of the front row.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Listern here Biffo if you can't dominant a tackle in the 10 channel like To'omua does, E.g dropping the T bomb you don't deserve to be in the kitchen.

Foley and Cooper are as good as Cruden as tacklers. They don't need to be great, I settle for having a decent crack at it and sticking most of them.

Foley has always had a crack, Quade in his recent test form has a crack too.

game day!
let's down the banter and up the rugby watching.

i am not sure whether you suggest i listen, list or something else.
i was certainly listing when write the post you have answered.
i was in no condition to dominant anything.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hope you enjoy the game and the Wallabies win by a truckload.

PS I hope Speight and that new bloke, co., perform well. What position does co play????:)

don't ask me.
i saw a bit of spate last night, but co. was nowhere to be seen.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
game day!
let's down the banter and up the rugby watching.

i am not sure whether you suggest i listen, list or something else.
i was certainly listing when write the post you have answered.
i was in no condition to dominant anything.
Game day, All good out to dinner please the missus then back for some rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.