• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I will just say this:

Australia is in a good place with regards to next year's rugby world cup. Hear me out. We have a new, highly regarded coach with the implicit obedience of a large portion of the squad by providence and the remaining portion through uncertainty. We have had a year or two of meritocracy, forcing the "grubs" out and blooding the next generation. We also have a few talismanic players which might or might not come back in hollywood fashion and tear down the understood hierarchy. Because we really haven't been terrible this season, considering we have been down a ton of hookers, props and Coopers and Speights.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I will just say this:

Australia is in a good place with regards to next year's rugby world cup. Hear me out. We have a new, highly regarded coach with the implicit obedience of a large portion of the squad by providence and the remaining portion through uncertainty. We have had a year or two of meritocracy, forcing the "grubs" out and blooding the next generation. We also have a few talismanic players which might or might not come back in hollywood fashion and tear down the understood hierarchy. Because we really haven't been terrible this season, considering we have been down a ton of hookers, props and Coopers and Speights.

Which grubs were forced out? JOC (James O'Connor)? Well he is back for the RWC so that doesn't count.

Wallaby Watch - Dave McDuling. Was talk earlier about Neville but the best lock in the NRC was forgotten.

#justice4Dave&Liam

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Which grubs were forced out? JOC (James O'Connor)? Well he is back for the RWC so that doesn't count.

Wallaby Watch - Dave McDuling. Was talk earlier about Neville but the best lock in the NRC was forgotten.

#justice4Dave&Liam
How was Dave stats in Super Rugby
;)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Has the form of Horwill not taught you guys anything. Pocock will not return the player he once was. I'd love him to but it won't happen.

The form of Horwill is reality. Like it or lump it.

Pocock : I hope he gets back to his best, then the real discussion can start between whether Hooper or Pocock. To me, the bloke has essentially been out of the game for 2 years - 2 fucking years. For anyone to say he will be back to where he was is just pure speculation. The odds are against him. Unfortunately probably the same with Stephen Moore.

P

Paradox

Pocock : I hope he gets back to his best, then the real discussion can start between whether Hooper or Pocock. To me, the bloke has essentially been out of the game for 2 years - 2 fucking years. For anyone to say he will be back to where he was is just pure speculation. The odds are against him. Unfortunately probably the same with Stephen Moore.

It's also pure speculation to also say he won't. How about you just say nothing at all and not write them off? Lealiifano had shocking injuries as well and just put in a great performance against NZ. Cooper had a terrible injury in WC 2011 and people were dismissing him but then he got back to his mesmerizing best on the EOYT last year. How many injuries has McCaw had? He's still an absolutely world class player. Also written off. You can't blame people for hoping.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It's also pure speculation to also say he won't. How about you just say nothing at all and not write them off? Lealiifano had shocking injuries as well and just put in a great performance against NZ. Cooper had a terrible injury in WC 2011 and people were dismissing him but then he got back to his mesmerizing best on the EOYT last year. How many injuries has McCaw had? He's still an absolutely world class player. Also written off. You can't blame people for hoping.

You'll notice that I am hpoeful as well.

BUT its bloody near enough to 2 full years I certainly don;t blame anybody for hoping, same with Moore - it would be great for Australian rugby

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Grub?

Keiran Read.

Intentionally offside at a penalty tap. Then took off early before the tap. Launched himself at Pocock's knees. A penalty for Australia. Two years out for Pocock, because no one can tell me the first injury is unrelated to the second.

I hope there is a thread on that somewhere. Fine player, good sport and a credit to the game. Rubbed out by a grub

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I would say Moore being older would be worse :(

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Grub?

Keiran Read.

Intentionally offside at a penalty tap. Then took off early before the tap. Launched himself at Pocock's knees. A penalty for Australia. Two years out for Pocock, because no one can tell me the first injury is unrelated to the second.

I hope there is a thread on that somewhere. Fine player, good sport and a credit to the game. Rubbed out by a grub

Plenty of people have tried to take out good players out of the game. Good for him.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Grub?

Keiran Read.

Read had nothing to do with any of the Cock's injuries.

The first was a medial ligament after Jannie Du Plessis twisted him out of a ruck by his head and bent his knee.

The second was against the Tahs, being cleaned out of a ruck and he just jarred his knee and it popped as he was stumbling backwards.

The 2nd knee reco was 5m clear from anyone, it just went as he was running to a ruck.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
You're forgetting 2012 when he tore a meniscus in the knee that he later popped his ACL in. That was during the tackle that mug is referring to.

It's also likely as mug said that the repair of that may have not been perfect and been a factor in the 2nd injury (the first ACL).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah Brumbieman the incident you're talking about was a submission hold by Du Plessis in 2011, JdP also told Pocock 'next time I'll break your fucking neck'

How many weeks did JdP get for it? 0.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414986389.887905.jpg

I apologise for my [lack of] humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.