• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby's greatest day of shame....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I sat in a tearoom at a hospital where I work, and listened to 3 other sturgeons discuss this matter just over a week ago.
It's frightening what people will accept as "truth" because it gets presented on some type of news site.

Like the 'New England Journal of Medicine'

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The saga is dead. The saga will continue if the second SMS'er is revealed. Hopefully the issue is done, until KB (Kurtley Beale) reoffends

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Been a new coach since then. Given the new coach

A) has not had a behaviour issue with KB (Kurtley Beale) while at the tahs
B) thinks he's irreplaceable
C) wasn't "directly" impacted by the texts
D) had no connection with dp
E) surely has a say on who he thinks should have a "top up"

I wouldn't be so sure. Going to be interesting.
It will be interesting, however top up or no top up he will be playing in Oz next year. Methinks the NSWRU will ensure a hefty contract is tabled to retain his services if there is no bump from the ARU. IMO, they are shit scared of losing him as they believe his absence will severely impact their chances of back to back titles. So he will be available for the Wallabies and if cornetto is right should be selected by Cheika for the world cup even with no extra cash from the ARU. Hopefully with the extra dosh the ARU save on Beale they can spread around to keep some players from heading OS.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
It will be interesting, however top up or no top up he will be playing in Oz next year. Methinks the NSWRU will ensure a hefty contract is tabled to retain his services if there is no bump from the ARU. IMO, they are shit scared of losing him as they believe his absence will severely impact their chances of back to back titles. So he will be available for the Wallabies and if cornetto is right should be selected by Cheika for the world cup even with no extra cash from the ARU. Hopefully with the extra dosh the ARU save on Beale they can spread around to keep some players from heading OS.

This.

Fuck Kurtley, use his paycheck for players like Fardy, Slipper, Kuridrani, Lealiifano etc who have exemplary records, are much more vaulable than Beale, and will help build the right team culture.

T

Train Without a Station

Been a new coach since then. Given the new coach

A) has not had a behaviour issue with KB (Kurtley Beale) while at the tahs
B) thinks he's irreplaceable
C) wasn't "directly" impacted by the texts
D) had no connection with dp
E) surely has a say on who he thinks should have a "top up"

I wouldn't be so sure. Going to be interesting.

If Michael Cheika considers that fact that Beale had no issues when he was with him at the tahs then he's a fucking idiot. That's 6 months of a career littered with problems.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It shouldn't matter at all what Cheika thinks.
If the Shore old boys club offer him a new contract,I think I might start a picket outside ARU HQ until they all quit.

They are not seriously suggesting that they wanted to rip up KB (Kurtley Beale)'s contract for the rest of this year,but then start negotiations for next year are they?

T

Train Without a Station

1. you presume to know what TGC thinks?
2. do you really think TGC might (sic) be an "idiot"?

I don't presume shit. I'm saying if that's what he thinks, he's a fucking idiot.

I bet Damien Hill thought Kurtley Beale was alright in 2012. How'd that end up working out in 2013?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It shouldn't matter at all what Cheika thinks.
If the Shore old boys club offer him a new contract,I think I might start a picket outside ARU HQ until they all quit.

They are not seriously suggesting that they wanted to rip up KB (Kurtley Beale)'s contract for the rest of this year,but then start negotiations for next year are they?

Well that's what the Pulveriser said at a recent press conference, and seeing he's apparently doing such a great job, it must be right:) .

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Heaven help Australian rugby if super rugby franchises are allowed to sign players with previous, multiple behavioural issues.:eek:

For example, the Reds would never consider doing any such thing would they?;)

T

Train Without a Station

Heaven help Australian rugby if super rugby franchises are allowed to sign players with previous, multiple behavioural issues.:eek:

For example, the Reds would never consider doing any such thing would they?;)

Well James O'Conner is not somebody I agree with signing by his character. Still he has never been involved with any legal issues in his career, let alone multiple.

Then there is Quade. I may be wrong but he has once been in trouble with the law (in 2009) and consistently improved his character every year since. If I've missed any indiscretions please let me know, I'm not presuming to be right, that's just all I can remember.

Now as for players who've had multiple concerns with alcohol and assault (drink driving, drunken assault allegations THEN breaking a booze ban as well as twice charged with assault and assaulting a team mate on your in addition to that. Nope, none of them I know of.

I do know that the 2 players the reds have cannot have their professional preparations as athletes questioned. As for the third, I know of instances of drinking whilst injured and twice having weight issues despite being in a full time professional environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.