• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Final - Brisbane City v Perth Spirit - Saturday November 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
See I reckon Michael Foley wants to use Kyle Godwin at 13. Rasolea would make a good fit at 12 in that case. But it never hurts to be good in either position.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
See I reckon Michael Foley wants to use Kyle Godwin at 13. Rasolea would make a good fit at 12 in that case. But it never hurts to be good in either position.

Where's Burton? He and Matuauto made an effective centre pairing in a couple of games they played together. Would have thought he would at least be on the bench. Injured?

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Herald Sun say 7,000

Good article on McDuling today as well. Good to see he's gotten past the two knee reconstructions, NRC is perfect for players like him

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
7,000 would be good for the first season, playing a team that will have almost zero away support.

I think equally important is a good TV audience, to send a message to Fox. Ground atmosphere makes a big difference to TV viewing. I'll be watching.

If the Rising won last week I would've would've gone to the final, but they choked...

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bought today's SMH and nothing in rugby section about NRC final....

Pretty much sums up how there is lot more effort required to get NRC to be successful and build awareness and profile if can't even get a mention of GF in newspapers of Rugby's heartland....

Give this I doubt many people would even be aware of NRC GF being on today...

NRC won't survive without more support....we need to follow NRL and A- League re: South Sydney, Manly and Melbourne City where seeing more private benefactors / equity flowing into the game which is helping the profile...and dollars behind it to promote the game and better the product (be that players, profile etc) .....

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well its Brisbane v Perth so no mass surprise the Sydney press aren't interested.

Decent coverage in the Courier Mail though. Expecting a few handling errors tonight. Stinking hot outside now.

28af553b0add6ef88331e2caa4cece8a.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Bought today's SMH and nothing in rugby section about NRC final..

Pretty much sums up how there is lot more effort required to get NRC to be successful and build awareness and profile if can't even get a mention of GF in newspapers of Rugby's heartland..

Give this I doubt many people would even be aware of NRC GF being on today.

NRC won't survive without more support..we need to follow NRL and A- League re: South Sydney, Manly and Melbourne City where seeing more private benefactors / equity flowing into the game which is helping the profile.and dollars behind it to promote the game and better the product (be that players, profile etc) ...

Unfortunately, just at the time when we wanted the NRC semis and final to be getting some publicity, all the rugby oxygen was consumed by other events best not discussed here.

Good luck to both teams, I hope they turn on a great spectacle and the Brisbane public turn out in droves.:)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
NRC national comp so pity didn't get any mention in sydney papers....as won't help promote for TV ratings....but good to see good spread in courier mail...

Good crowds at games important but TV ratings even more important....need broadcasters to want the product for NRC to survive and flourish....

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Both teams lost to the Rams. But I'm going for the Perthites.

As long as they promise to shut the fuck up about east coast bias if they win ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.