• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Official Sean McMahon Bandwagon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Sean McMahon and Superman once fought each other on a bet. The loser had to start wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I actually don't think he's a test 6, but rather fits the mould of what the modern 7 is... the day of the "fetcher" is over.

Having said that, I would start him at 6 on the weekend if Higgers is not fit.....
G.Smith was still pretty handy, I'm sure would be today. He is what a 7 should be. I'd call him a fetcher, Poey needs more strings to his bow but the breakdown dominance is still key. Good fetcher win that battle.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
This talented young bloke is doomed to fucking failure with the amount of pressure on him - well, if he reads this thread.

Kid needs to be nurtured into the Wallabies. He certainly has the ability, as evidenced by his performance last weekend.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I actually don't think he's a test 6, but rather fits the mould of what the modern 7 is... the day of the "fetcher" is over.

Having said that, I would start him at 6 on the weekend if Higgers is not fit.....

Well then, Poey should hang up the boots

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Disagree. Just because Hooper plays that way doesn't mean all seven's should. His style fits what we currently need given our current playing stock.

I've posted this somewhere before. The back-row needs balance. Our current back-row of Hooper/Fardy provides that because Fardy can be a fetcher option and is great over the ball. Combined with Hoopers ball running ability and link play it's a solid pairing.

Now looks at this: Pocock/McMahon. They offer the same balance, a link man, support runner, great work-rates, a line-out option, a genuine fetcher.

Of coarse Pocock will need to get back to form and McMahon will needs to continue his form for this to work.

But I see this pairing of Pocock/McMahon offering everything the Hooper/Fardy pairing does only much more physical and dominate - more suited to "Cheika-ball".

So Pocock/McMahon for the future. ( I can only hope)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
This talented young bloke is doomed to fucking failure with the amount of pressure on him - well, if he reads this thread.

Kid needs to be nurtured into the Wallabies. He certainly has the ability, as evidenced by his performance last weekend.

You don't subscribe to the view if someone is good enough, they are old enough? How old is Pollard at the Saffas?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Get your dirty Tah hands off him! He's going to the Brumbies ;)

Hey if you wanted a shot then Bernie should have taken the offer to get on board. Now he's in Canberra and Cheika has taken the cream of Australian rugby talent on a 4 week Waratah's trial

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You don't subscribe to the view if someone is good enough, they are old enough? How old is Pollard at the Saffas?

Yeah, I completely disagree with the concept that players need to be eased into test rugby.

Pick the best team each week and go from there.

With Higginbotham (and Fardy) out, I can't see any reason not to start McMahon at 6.

The opportunity is there and he's in terrific form.

Status
Not open for further replies.