• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v New Zealand @ Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
England's first game of the season is the defining factor here I believe. Sure, they have injuries but I don't think that matters as much in the modern English setup (Read: Lancaster).

If it were England's 2nd or 3rd game I'd be more wary as an All Black. Not to say England can't win this, but it's still a bit unlikely regardless of how far they've come.

They stand a real chance next week.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
New AB jersey launched:

image.jpg

Black collar, AIG logo in "gun metal silver" & forwards one is a looser cut with raised bits for them to grip on at scrum & maul time.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/10707739/Unveiled-New-All-Blacks-jersey-blackest-ever

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Personally, I like the jersey, not a fan of teams changing jerseys, but in todays world they do, so All Blacks going out in more black works for me!!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
New Zealand

1. Wyatt Crockett (33)
2. Dane Coles (24)
3. Owen Franks (65)
4. Brodie Retallick (34)
5. Samuel Whitelock (60)
6. Jerome Kaino (54)
7. Richie McCaw - captain (134)
8. Kieran Read (70)
9. Aaron Smith (36)
10. Aaron Cruden (36)
11. Julian Savea (30)
12. Sonny Bill Williams (20)
13. Conrad Smith (83)
14. Ben Smith (35)
15. Israel Dagg (45)
Reserves:
16. Keven Mealamu (121)
17. Ben Franks (39)
18. Charlie Faumuina (24)
19. Patrick Tuipulotu (5)
20. Liam Messam (37)
21. TJ Perenara (8)
22. Beauden Barrett (26)
23. Ryan Crotty (10)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"The blackest ever" The GOAT will be even less visible!
View attachment 5616

image.jpg

Richie modelling his new hoodie.

Surprised to see SBW starting, the way Foster was talking he was a shoo-in for the Scots game. Kaino's foot has obviously come right quicker than expected, I recall reading before they left NZ that he'd likely miss the USA & Eng matches. Other than that a predictable lineup & should be good enough to get the job done if not by many (say 8ish).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Already for this test, although I say almost every year what a pack of bastards Setanta are, I weakened again and forked out money to hook up!!

Geez I'm weak!:mad:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Already for this test, although I say almost every year what a pack of bastards Setanta are, I weakened again and forked out money to hook up!!

Geez I'm weak!:mad:

Yeah, gotta admit that if I wasn't flying back to NZ on the 19th for the in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary I'd probably have done the same without informing her indoors. But given I am it's hard to justify $40 for just the Poms. Can't blame Setanta, though, they're just doing what TV stations do, likewise NZRU are doing what every other ...RU on earth would do if they could. At the end of the day I guess it's really our fault for being rugby tragics. I can live with that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well it's $60, there is a $20 sign up fee too, Welsh test is on Setanta too!!
Yep we suffer as rugby tragics, still gave me something to waste money on!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Lucky me who has Setanta. Well, the old man does. :p

Ah well, the Scots game is on Fox. Probably because of the BT Sport thing.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well it's $60, there is a $20 sign up fee too, Welsh test is on Setanta too!!
Yep we suffer as rugby tragics, still gave me something to waste money on!

OK, thought it was $20 + $20 for the month which I may just have worn for both games but not just the Poms. Having said that I'd possibly have weakened so thank GOAT for in-laws 50th & SkyNZ (unless of course Setanta have the rights back home as well).

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
England:
1) Marler
2) Hartley
3) Wilson
4) Attwood
5) Lawes
6) Wood
7) Robshaw
8) Vunipola
9) Care
10) Farrell
11) May
12) Eastmond
13) Barritt
14) Rokoduguni
15) Brown

Replacements: Rob Webber (Bath), Matt Mullan (Wasps), Kieran Brookes (Newcastle), George Kruis (Saracens), Ben Morgan (Gloucester), Ben Youngs (Leicester), George Ford (Bath), Anthony Watson (Bath).

I understand the selections there but I just not that keen on the backline.

Forwards are the best we could have picked ATM, expect maybe Kruis for Kitchener maybe.

Should be a comfortable win for NZ, England have no hard runners in the backline to draw defenders in, Roko is a string finisher but will be marked out in this game.

Our Defence should be a lot better with Barritt there but against the AB it will stretch him.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Current odds being offered by sporting bet:

StraightLineMargin 1-12Margin 13+Handicap
England. 3.65 (+8.5) 1.91 (1-12) 4.75 (13+) 13.00 (+12.5) 1.57
New Zealand. 1.29 (-8.5) 1.91 (1-12) 2.50 (13+) 2.30 (+12.5) 1.01

PR tipping AB by 12 but I'm with Nick Evans, this is gonna be closer than a lot of people think.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_9552360,00.html

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/10713113/England-are-no-easy-beats-warns-Nick-Evans

@Tigs Man good to have an English perspective, looking forward to your thoughts, esp over the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.