• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v All Blacks @ Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
To pre-empt any moaning on here, this match will be televised in Australia on Setanta.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
"Not content with merely playing in or even winning 100 Tests, the GOAT's now set to bring up his captaincy ton:"

What's bloody amazing when you also think Richie has played in about 25% of the All Blacks winning tests in their history!!

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Fair play to Richie, must be the first person to ever reach 100 caps as a captain right? That South Africa Hooker might have got close? But don't think he made it.

Hope Wales give him a special presentation like he did when De Villiers and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) did over the RC.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Fair play to Richie, must be the first person to ever reach 100 caps as a captain right? That South Africa Hooker might have got close? But don't think he made it.

Hope Wales give him a special presentation like he did when De Villiers and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) did over the RC.

Smit's third on the list apparently. BOD is 2nd (with 84) and McGOAT at 1. Today is ten years to the day from his first test as captain apparently.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks: Ben Smith, Charles Piutau, Conrad Smith, Sonny Bill Williams, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (c), Jerome Kaino, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Joe Moody, Charlie Faumuina, Patrick Tuipulotu, Liam Messam, TJ Perenara, Colin Slade, Ryan Crotty.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting team, Barrett gets 10 because Shag and co had decided all 3 No 10s were going to get a start, Cruden not on bench as he doesn't cover enough positions apparently. Have to say I think it a ballsy decision to give everyone a crack on tour, and think it will well pay off at some stage. Although I would maybe have had Dagg at 15, can understand giving Piutau getting another run on the wing,and obviously Smith of the B variety is always going to start somewhere.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Interesting team, Barrett gets 10 because Shag and co had decided all 3 No 10s were going to get a start, Cruden not on bench as he doesn't cover enough positions apparently. Have to say I think it a ballsy decision to give everyone a crack on tour, and think it will well pay off at some stage. Although I would maybe have had Dagg at 15, can understand giving Piutau getting another run on the wing,and obviously Smith of the B variety is always going to start somewhere.

Think Hanson could teach Cheika a thing or two about putting eggs all in one basket. Will pay dividends having all No 10s getting good game time.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Confirming match officials:

Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
Assistant Referees: Craig Joubert (South Africa), Luke Pearce (England)
TMO: Graham Hughes (England)

Could be worse, at least Berry's nowhere near us.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Barnes is good as a ref, just I think tends to talk to players like they are schoolboys, mind you O don't mind Joubert either.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)

You have to give Hansen credit, he does what he/they think best, tells it how it is, and backs it up on the weekend. With an ability to give media little sound bites to boot.

Good on them for ensuring the squad gets tested, it seems to be a lesson they learnt well in RWC2011.

Sorry CB but while it may well feel like time, I don't see it, at least not on form so far. Gatland ball suits the ABs down to the ground, as it does the Boks for that matter and the team just isn't that good. The Wallabies in my view were pretty awful, the ABs will be less forgiving and I suspect Wales will completely underestimate Barrett's run speed to boot. Piutau also extremely dangerous. Add The Smiths and SBW. Best backline ABs have had for years there. Mistakes threaten to be exploited mercilessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.