• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v All Blacks @ Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Is this sarcasm? Never heard Ryle been called excellent before. No one likes him in Ireland really. The best Irish commentator is Philip Matthews who sadly only commentates for the BBC on non England games.

Different opinions - I like him - and he works well with Lenihan, but perhaps you don't like him either. I used to like Tony Ward also, and good luck to him now.

Matthews is good as the third guy, as he was with Bruce-Ball and Nichol in Scotland v Argentina.

One of our posters here mentioned how much they enjoyed the Ireland v Springboks commentary we got in Australia, which was Ryle and Lenihan, and I don't suppose that he was the only one.

Take account of different opinions and not suggest that one different from yours is sarcasm; because that says more about you than it does about the commentator you are attempting to criticise.

Thank you.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
i have what my informant claims is inside information: that The Evil are deadset keen to "make a statement" about how good they are against Wales.
if truth be such, The Evil will win by a substantial margin, say in the range 15-25 points.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
i have what my informant claims is inside information: that The Evil are deadset keen to "make a statement" about how good they are against Wales.
if truth be such, The Evil will win by a substantial margin, say in the range 15-25 points.

Plenty of reasons for the ABs to want to dish out a hiding. They have had some close calls this year. But with Sir richie having his 100th game as Captain, they will not be wanting to have it overshadowed by a loss. Plus, the starters are well rested and the second stringers have had a taste of the big time. I think it could get ugly for wales if they are not on the top of their game, as it can for any ABs opponent.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Plenty of reasons for the ABs to want to dish out a hiding. They have had some close calls this year. But with Sir richie having his 100th game as Captain, they will not be wanting to have it overshadowed by a loss. Plus, the starters are well rested and the second stringers have had a taste of the big time. I think it could get ugly for wales if they are not on the top of their game, as it can for any ABs opponent.
Should be good game. This is the one that gatland's aiming at too. After this we weekend we start to lose players back to clubs. But that's next weekends problem. And it's only South africa :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Will 10 years and 100 games as Captain of a Tier 1 Nation ever be topped?

Sir Richie is the GOAT.

Heavyweight battle on the wing:
Extract from NZ Herald. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11362505
Heavy hitters
Julian Savea - Age: 24; Height: 1.93m; Weight: 106kg; Tests: 32; Tries: 29
Charles Piutau - Age: 23; Height: 1.86m; Weight: 95kg; Tests: 13; Tries: 4
George North - Age: 22; Height: 1.94m; Weight: 110kg; Tests: 47; Tries: 21
Alex Cuthbert - Age: 24; Height: 1.98m; Weight: 104kg; Tests: 29; Tries: 15

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Will 10 years and 100 games as Captain of a Tier 1 Nation ever be topped?

Sir Richie is the GOAT.

Heavyweight battle on the wing:
Extract from NZ Herald. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11362505
Heavy hitters
Julian Savea - Age: 24; Height: 1.93m; Weight: 106kg; Tests: 32; Tries: 29
Charles Piutau - Age: 23; Height: 1.86m; Weight: 95kg; Tests: 13; Tries: 4
George North - Age: 22; Height: 1.94m; Weight: 110kg; Tests: 47; Tries: 21
Alex Cuthbert - Age: 24; Height: 1.98m; Weight: 104kg; Tests: 29; Tries: 15
Think 100 caps will go one day but not 10 years. And it's not like he's just there to make up the numbers

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not wanting to fuel the gnome or anything but was just wondering what the hell would I do if they won. Probably Order in copies of the special issue Western Mail. Scour bulletin boards giving every player 11/10. Start believing that welsh soccer team can qualify for euro 2016. Flood bulletin boards. And then settle in to watch second half replay of Ireland vs Australia feeling smug as hell

Not much of a bucket list for something I've never known

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Should be good game. This is the one that gatland's aiming at too. After this we weekend we start to lose players back to clubs. But that's next weekends problem. And it's only South africa :)

it will not all be bad news.

The Boks will lose their Euro players too that weekend because it is outside the window, but the Boks would have planned for that and withheld some non-regular players for the Wales game.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Not wanting to fuel the gnome or anything but was just wondering what the hell would I do if they won. Probably Order in copies of the special issue Western Mail. Scour bulletin boards giving every player 11/10. Start believing that welsh soccer team can qualify for euro 2016. Flood bulletin boards. And then settle in to watch second half replay of Ireland vs Australia feeling smug as hell

As someone who went to university in Cardiff I would imagine it would be carnage if you lot won. The whole city would turn to debauchery! Also your press would be sickening, like ours is, for a while.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yes and no. Think it'd be worse than the Orc press cos rugbys not just an interlude whilst waiting for football results for us. And then after a week celebrating a 61 drought the gnome will have his day when we come crashing down against South africa. And then the bastard will run out of my place laughing manically.

Again

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Oh. And message to messrs cement and laurel. Let's have no shenanigans when team zombie face the nz line dance. Save it for the game. Usually takes us ten minutes to recover from mae hen wlad fy nhadau anyway so use the interlude to get the boys brains back in gear

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I have strange feeling about this game. Not sure whether it's that the force is strong or whether I've got a gnome in my undies

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Oh. And message to messrs cement and laurel. Let's have no shenanigans when team zombie face the nz line dance. Save it for the game. Usually takes us ten minutes to recover from mae hen wlad fy nhadau anyway so use the interlude to get the boys brains back in gear

Brains were their sponsors several years ago.

Hth

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Only just spotted this. Quade Cooper forget everything I ever said. you are in fact a legend.
@QuadeCooper: Great to meet this champion Owen Williams today.. Stay strong my brother and we will be supporting you… http://t.co/gKN9ONOAoS

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Yes and no. Think it'd be worse than the Orc press cos rugbys not just an interlude whilst waiting for football results for us. And then after a week celebrating a 61 drought the gnome will have his day when we come crashing down against South africa. And then the bastard will run out of my place laughing manically.

I dunno, Swansea and Cardiff city are pretty big teams now ;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1/2 p opens the scoring for the Boyos with a PK from 24 metres out in front.

WAL 3 NZL 0. 7 minutes. Gnome stirring.

Status
Not open for further replies.