• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

I got that bit, it was the bits without prepositions that lost me. 2 bottles of Cab Sauv apparently weren't enough to get me through.

...two bottle of Cab Sav....that's some decent Test preparation. If you go a third bottle I like my chances of slipping some Folau bashing (accurate rugby commentary) into the conversation undetected.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
do you really think that Luke Jones needs TGC to explain to him that he might become a "permanent" Wallaby if tonight he plays up to test standard and continues so to do? any bloke who needs that explained to him is far too dumb to be a test player.

as far as motivation goes, do you really think that Luke Jones can't see the career opportunities that will open up if he plays very well?

what TGC is doing with the 6 position is obvious to all. enjoy it. bloke can coach.

It seems that some players don't understand what it means to wear the gold jersey, so just in case, I would be there to remind them. ;)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Big Timani would look very nice in gold right now.
i wonder can he be rescued and if so, when?

Sometimes I don't know if you are just a rotten player judge with little ability to judge a rugby game, or a troll. I think I lean towards troll.

I do find it amusing that just about everyone avoids the bait, in that likely case.

M

Moono75

who's your Force candidate to displace Folau?

I believe in best candidates for the job. Doesn't need to be a Force player. I just think heading into WC Godwin is a future star and he needs to be brought into the fold and given game experience now. I wouldn't mind seeing Two Dads at 15 and playing Speight and Tomane.....or the next up and coming speed burner on the wing. I'm all for trialling a few out of the box selections.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
It seems that some players don't understand what it means to wear the gold jersey, so just in case, I would be there to remind them. ;)

how very kind of you.
i have total faith that TGC will recognize those who don't understand what it means to wear the gold jersey and ... guess what ... they won't.

btw, i am tipping/ hoping for an outstanding performance (even MOTM) from young Luke tonight.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I believe in best candidates for the job. Doesn't need to be a Force player. I just think heading into WC Godwin is a future star and he needs to be brought into the fold and given game experience now. I wouldn't mind seeing Two Dads at 15 and playing Speight and Tomane...or the next up and coming speed burner on the wing. I'm all for trialling a few out of the box selections.

i am not big on picking imaginary teams, as i far prefer to reflect on how the game is being played and should be played.
this week, however, i did a little stocktake of the paddock from which TGC will draft his Wallabies for RWC 2015 and other upcoming important games.
i was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of personnel in the front paddock, although a little search in a back paddock or two is needed.

i played with my list and made some nice hypotheticals, just for fun.
for example, how do you like the idea of Cooper and Beale as job-sharers for full back?
i like it a lot.

ps. i probably picked more Force blokes in my 33 than you would in yours.

pps. night Sully. yeah, i know i am not supposed to chat about other than Ireland v Australia on this thread, but i can't help myself.
sorry.
i promise.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sometimes I don't know if you are just a rotten played judge with little ability to judge a rugby player, or a troll. I think I lean towards troll.

I do find it amusing that just about everyone avoids the bait, in that likely case.

not a troll at all, Maaayte.
i have seen a lot of Timani playing club rugby in Europe.
bloke's going well.

how do you, with your implied superior judgement of players, view Timani's last six games?
you reckon he's going ok?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
not a troll at all, Maaayte.
i have seen a lot of Timani playing club rugby in Europe.
bloke's going well.

how do you, with your implied superior judgement of players, view Timani's last six games?
you reckon he's going ok?

Same old drawbacks. Nothing has changed. No spring so poor jumper, lazy around the ground, can be good at rucks but lazy play means he just flops quite often.

Is great in the scrum. Got a good offload.

But hey, he kept Douglas out of the side last year even though he was leaving.

Still lean to troll. Especially on your comments on the France game.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Great Cheika can do no wrong.
The Great Cheika speaks with such an eloquence that he inspires his players to run through brick walls, and still clamour for more punishment
The Great Cheika is the greatest coach of our time.

All hail The Great Cheika, Warden of the South-East.

M

Moono75

i am not big on picking imaginary teams, as i far prefer to reflect on how the game is being played and should be played.
this week, however, i did a little stocktake of the paddock from which TGC will draft his Wallabies for RWC 2015 and other upcoming important games.
i was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of personnel in the front paddock, although a little search in a back paddock or two is needed.

i played with my list and made some nice hypotheticals, just for fun.
for example, how do you like the idea of Cooper and Beale as job-sharers for full back?
i like it a lot.

ps. i probably picked more Force blokes in my 33 than you would in yours.

pps. night Sully. yeah, i know i am not supposed to chat about other than Ireland v Australia on this thread, but i can't help myself.
sorry.
i promise.

Nothing imaginary about Godwin. Actually I heard he left the Wallabies tour squad (nothing happening) and hooked up with a Contiki tour through the Czech Republic. Nailed himself the next big Eastern European super model at a bar in Brno. Kudos KG......kudos (this is entirely fiction)

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
how very kind of you.
i have total faith that TGC will recognize those who don't understand what it means to wear the gold jersey and . guess what . they won't.

btw, i am tipping/ hoping for an outstanding performance (even MOTM) from young Luke tonight.

Yeah, he must be very important for the team, we need physicality

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Same old drawbacks. Nothing has changed. No spring so poor jumper, lazy around the ground, can be good at rucks but lazy play means he just flops quite often.

Is great in the scrum. Got a good offload.

But hey, he kept Douglas out of the side last year even though he was leaving.

Still lean to troll. Especially on your comments on the France game.

you are probably too inexperienced to understand the difference between career ratings, long-term form and recent form ... and hence my views on the France v Wallabies game, if it is to that that you refer.

my point about the France game is that the form book may need rewriting after the November games. for example, England's recent form is very poor, but not such as to affect its career rating. South Africa's recent form is excellent but not good and long enough to affect its career rating. Australia's career rating has been consistently on the down for quite a while now; however, its recent form (which is poor) may take a dramatic upturn if it beats Ireland and/or England and the Frogs knock over a big team soon.

why do the bookies rate the Wallabies' performance last week so highly that they give them an almost 50/50 chance of rolling the champions of Europe away from home? the bookies' analysts' are trolling the good folk of GAGR? if so, jump in, take the massive overs available on Ireland and collect!

may i assure you that the rugby world, of which Australia is a very small part, saw the Wallabies' performance last Sunday as of very high-quality?

you really should have just confessed that you haven't seen anything of Timani's play in Europe. that would have left you some credibility.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Great Cheika can do no wrong.
The Great Cheika speaks with such an eloquence that he inspires his players to run through brick walls, and still clamour for more punishment
The Great Cheika is the greatest coach of our time.

All hail The Great Cheika, Warden of the South-East.

at last!!
someone on GAGR recognizes the Great Modern Truth.

shall we confine him to the "South-East"?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Nothing imaginary about Godwin. Actually I heard he left the Wallabies tour squad (nothing happening) and hooked up with a Contiki tour through the Czech Republic. Nailed himself the next big Eastern European super model at a bar in Brno. Kudos KG..kudos (this is entirely fiction)

:)

gotta have a laugh to pass the time before the kick-off, don't we?
too many laughless barstuds around.
i wonder what attracts them.
must be the internet.

i can add to the recent exploits of Young Mr Godwin
he is reported to have ghosted through so many barriers and competitors that Bernie Larkham is demanding he be wrapped in suitable clothing so that he can at least be tracked.
Bernie's ghosting records are under threat.

he ghosted right past all obstacles to the beds of the ladies of Brno and just kept on going. Forrest Gump ran; Young Mr Godwin ghosted. right on.

i know a bloke who is an international rugby player with modelling being his second job.
let's just say he pulls in a different screamer from the ladies' casts almost every night.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can assure you that won't be happening tonight.

not for a while.

Moono, Mate, i am about to head for the pub to fuel up.
thanks for the chat, have fun
but fight sternly the good fight against the forces of regression.

GO WALLABIES!

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
ok people. its 12:44am and I'm 3/4 of the way through a bottle of Glen Moray. Looks like I'm riding this out til the game starts. Ive got my Foxtel IQ as insurance to protect against my inevitable pass out

M

Moono75

not for a while.

Moono, Mate, i am about to head for the pub to fuel up.
thanks for the chat, have fun
but fight sternly the good fight against the forces of regression.

GO WALLABIES!

Biffo you are either WA based or in Europe.....even I wouldn't be starting my night out at 1.40 EDST.....acutally I tell a lie :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.