• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Maybe your boys should try it.
Drinking latte's whilst they are twittering doesn't seem to have been a winning strategy for a few years now...

Our boys are pulling beers somewhere in Goodna still. Suspect a few haven't heard of whatever coffee that is you are talking about. Considering a few of those years our boys have won more then yours I'd be more concerned about there coffee intake than ours.

T

TOCC

Bloody Tahs. Always innovating. Last year - steps. This year - hills.

I have no idea what will happen next year.

sanddunes...

unheard of!!

I'm just surprised anyone still reads anything Growden writes and bothers to waste any neurons processing it.
And I am excited about Dave being back - good man for the Tahs.

I enjoy his polarising views, whilst i strongly disagree with many of them and think he is an absolute twat, i like the fact there is someone still within Australia Rugby willing to speak their mind without fear of upsetting the inner sanctums of the ARU and state bodies.

T

Train Without a Station

But it's not without fear. He does so pushing agendas knowing he has the support of certain factions (like the clubs).

T

TOCC

Yes he does have his own agenda, but you would be hard pressed finding a rugby journalists who doesn't.. People like Christ Dutton, Georgina Robinson and Jim Tucker all have their allegiances to a respective super rugby side, as a byproduct of been given unlimited access to player and coaching interviews those same journalists don't dare to rock the boat by upsetting anyone in those organisations. Chris Dutton claims to be an employee of the Canberra Times, but I'm actually convinced he is the Brumbies media/marketing manager.

Say for example, Georgina Robinson, she rarely writes a negative word about the Waratahs and now as part of the Wallaby rugby journalist touring party she doesn't speak ill of Cheika or certain Wallabies at risk of losing the access to players and staff.

T

Train Without a Station

And my point is that Growden doesn't speak ill of certain parties either. They're just different parties.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>

Say for example, Georgina Robinson, she rarely writes a negative word about the Waratahs and now as part of the Wallaby rugby journalist touring party she doesn't speak ill of Cheika or certain Wallabies at risk of losing the access to players and staff.

Is she still on holidays?

Good work if you can get it. Long Service Leave perhaps.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
And my point is that Growden doesn't speak ill of certain parties either. They're just different parties.
I don't dislike Greg Growden. I own one of his books, "With the Wallabies". Who knew Ray Hadley had a long standing connection with rugby?

I'd just like to deny him access to pies, or scuttlebutt, whilst he continues to write of factional and possibly fictional dealings re NSW rugby.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well after the first 15 mins tonight, could be on track for one of our worst tours ever. And worst seasons ever actually.

Fucking hell Phipps was back to 3 years ago. Couldn't hit a target with his pass all night. Should be dropped & Foley too. Just nowhere near as dangerous as Quade.

Jones out too. Hodgson to 6. Need someone out there that actually get a turnover.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I thought Phipps played well. His speed of getting the ball away is one thing which will improve the Wallabies mightily, some of the loose passes didn't come from Nick. His involvement in the game is very, very good; to my eye he's head and shoulders above the next two scrummies. But I would like Cooper to have a game with Phipps to see how Quade goes with fast ball.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I thought Phipps played well. His speed of getting the ball away is one thing which will improve the Wallabies mightily, some of the loose passes didn't come from Nick. His involvement in the game is very, very good; to my eye he's head and shoulders above the next two scrummies. But I would like Cooper to have a game with Phipps to see how Quade goes with fast ball.
This bit. We gotta see it.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

I have a high regard for Nick Phipps. He is made of some very strong stuff and in comparison I think he is fare better at remaining composed under pressure than Genia. He toils bloody hard when on back foot ball and we are seeing what he can do when the quality of ball is more favorable. He has been massively under rated in the past and it is good that he is finally getting the credit he much deserves.

I don't know but he gives the vibe that he is highly respected by those who have coached him at the elite level. Seems like a true professional.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If you didn't know better,you could be forgiven for thinking that Cheika is deliberately not allowing that to happen.
There must be a reason why it is yet to happen,I just can't think of one.
Yeah, I don't know. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he thinks Foley has a slight advantage because he "gets" what Cheika wants a bit more, or maybe has the combination with Phipps on his side? Just speculating.
Personally, I feel that Cooper would benefit enormously from the speed from Phipps (as long as he gets the quality of his passes better - last night was his worst quality for a bit). I think Foley is going OK, but we know what he brings, and the 10 position is not cut and dried, so let's see the other bloke.
It was interesting that Cooper played a similar positional game to Foley when he came on, in that To'omua took a lot of first receiver ball still. I don't necessarily mind, as long as Cooper gets some space, but you'd certainly want to see him getting early hands on the ball a bit more too. What To'omua is doing is why I want him kept at 12 - the stabiliser.

Status
Not open for further replies.