• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Im trying to find an outside back we could sign, now i know its not a priority with only having 2 signed props who can play at the start of next season and only 3 when Holmes gets back, but does anyone know any Aussie Wingers?

The Badger would go back to the force, I cant see digby returning to the reds with his dislike of Jim Carmichael. It doesnt look like Peter Betham hasnt resigned with the Tahs so maybe he could be an option. Mitchell wont leave france now. I Cant think of anyone else?

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
this is from a reds article
http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...ED-WITH-REDS-ELITE-DEVELOPMENT-CONTRACTS.aspx

"Two spots remain in the Reds’ 2015 Super Rugby squad, with Graham targeting a prop and an outside back for the final positions."

so whether we need one or not, and i think we do because of F'sautia, and turners incredible propensity for injury doesnt matter cause hes looking to sign one but i cant seem to think of any. I cant think of a prop either but since we have some props in the Development squad that just played some good footy in the NRC i think he will just end up promoting one and using the other if need be, but theres only 1 winger in the Development squad and hes a schoolboy so i don think he would really be an option and if he was good enough he would already probably be signed.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Im trying to find an outside back we could sign, now i know its not a priority with only having 2 signed props who can play at the start of next season and only 3 when Holmes gets back, but does anyone know any Aussie Wingers?

The Badger would go back to the force, I cant see digby returning to the reds with his dislike of Jim Carmichael. It doesnt look like Peter Betham hasnt resigned with the Tahs so maybe he could be an option. Mitchell wont leave france now. I Cant think of anyone else?

Did Stephan Van Der Walt return to Brisbane after finishing with the Brumbies this year? Always thought he should have been given more of a go with the Brumbies. He's a big, strong winger with a good bit of pace. Would be worth a look at.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
i saw, i think, every minute of KHunt's rugby in France, from his debut in a Belgian Barbarians game.
you Reds fans can relax, settle back and enjoy one of the very greatest rugby backs you will ever see.

i certainly am going to enjoy the class, athleticism, football smarts and spatial awareness of this bloke.
trust me.
boy can play.

the only bar to his being a top-five Wallaby by RWC time would be injury.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
i certainly am going to enjoy the class, athleticism, football smarts and spatial awareness of this bloke.

Get serious Biffo - how could you expect a guy like Karmichael Hunt, who played league for the Broncos and also in the AFL, for crying out loud, to be half-way decent in Super Rugby?

And some are even suggesting that he could play for the Wallabies.

… hang on

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Get serious Biffo - how could you expect a guy like Karmichael Hunt, who played league for the Broncos and also in the AFL, for crying out loud, to be half-way decent in Super Rugby?

And some are even suggesting that he could play for the Wallabies.

… hang on

There have been plenty of floggers espousing the virtues of Mr Hunt, saying how gresat he will be blah blah blah.

I have simply said: Time will tell

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
i saw, i think, every minute of KHunt's rugby in France, from his debut in a Belgian Barbarians game.
you Reds fans can relax, settle back and enjoy one of the very greatest rugby backs you will ever see.

trust me.
boy can play.

the only bar to his being a top-five Wallaby by RWC time would be injury.

That's the most important word in your post, Biffo. He admitted that he wasn't fit enough to play the last match of the season for our local AFL team!

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
That's the most important word in your post, Biffo. He admitted that he wasn't fit enough to play the last match of the season for our local AFL team!

absolutely, Mr Doug.
i have made that point repeatedly here.
there can be very little doubt about what i wrote before that caveat - the bloke is an astonishingly good footballer - but accumulated or new injury might bring all that to zero.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not many people would be fit enough to run 20k's in 2 hrs. I saw Karmichael yesterday and holy shit is he one TALL, lean mass of human being. He's the body of Izzy (-5cm) and actually learnt to kick in his afl times

thanks very much.
can you tell us a little more of what you saw of him?
what was he doing?

one thing about him that i keep hearing from people who know is that he is excellent in relations with team mates.
i hope that is so, as it would really help the Reds to have top leadership from his position in their stellar backline.
any signs of his relations with the others?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

Fit enough? Probably. But I am pretty confident he would've meant cardio fit and as Tip has pointed out, the list of people fit enough to play top level AFL wouldn't be that long.

In terms of injuries, I think he only played 1 game this season but his injuries consisted of a broken little toe from playing with his daughter in his back yard, a staph infection, a concussion and a knee injury that was reported to only have him rested for one week. Not great but they certainly don't put him in the same basket as Lachie Turner and Chris Feauai-Sautia.

I reckon he'll be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.