• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Filth - maybe this appointment may add to speculation that "Brand" O'Connor will wear a Tigers jersey in the finals next year??

Wow what a backline:
9. Mullins
10. Brandon
11. Lachie Turner
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. White
14. ???
15. K Hunt

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Filth I understand that the new Assistant Coach at Easts for 2015 is Anthony Connellan.

Apparently highly rated in the school coaching game. Do you know much about him?

Would be great to see some more Nudgee OBs make their way down to Bottomley!!!

TT I posted this about a month ago when Pat Richards was appointed to the Director role at Easts and Sambo to the head coaching role. I understand Connellan has also scored the forwards role with the Reds U20s to support Gilly which strengthens Easts hold on coaching roles at rep level. Connellan is ideal for the 20s given his association with players who have come through the school system the past few years and he was a close second for the Bond role I understand just missing out to Hedger.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not much to report down at Yoku except it looks like GPS will be going back to BLK after a couple of years using Fi-Ta for kit. Haven't seen the new jersey (doubt it will be very different) but images of the new supporters kit was emailed around today.

I'd be interested to know whether Souths have moved to Fi-Ta. Nathan Nicol first got GPS involved when he came to the club and now that he's coaching at Souths he may have gotten them a good deal as well.

Competition for these kit deals must be strong at the moment. I'd imagine there would be a good mix of BLK, Canterbury, Asics, Classic etc around clubland these days.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - the thing is that sometimes we surprise even ourselves and when Easts make the semis they usually make the GF and win it. Since 1997 (inclusive) Easts have played in 5 grand finals for 4 wins compared with your club who despite a very proud history and very consistent efforts in recent years of making it as far as the minor semi has only one premiership in 27 years of trying!!!

Filth if you want me to bite you will have to do better than that!!!

2015 will be a tough year for the Tigers but I think Tim Sampson (like Pat Richards before him) will get the best out of what he's got. They prefer being the hunter than the hunted like they were this year.

Easts proved in 2013 that you don't have to have half a dozen Reds at your disposal to win the Hospital Cup, so I wouldn't write-off the 2015 Tigers just yet, they'll be there or there abouts in 2015 if injury treats them kindly.

Any side with a front row consisting of Paraka, Ready & Sanday, and a back row of Gunn, Wilkin & Fox will hold their own.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any side with a front row consisting of Paraka, Ready & Sanday, and a back row of Gunn, Wilkin & Fox will hold their own.

Wouldnt rely on Gun and the ranger too much as they will be off with 20's for the majority of the club year. And from the limited amount of footy I have seen fox play he has a long way to go before he is premier grade level let alone something for opposition teams to fear. (Not saying he won't get there but he should enjoy colts for a while first)
Will be interesting to see what the new coaching group can bring to bottemly. Still a lot of talent around from what I can see but maybe a little skinny in areas given the calibre of some of the departures.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
From the limited Easts' games I've watched, Wilkin was a stand out.

If he gets a bit more size on him, he will do wonders for Easts - a permanent #6 or #8.

T

Tigers Tale

From the limited Easts' games I've watched, Wilkin was a stand out.

If he gets a bit more size on him, he will do wonders for Easts - a permanent #6 or #8.

Pardon the pun but Wilkin is a gun. He seems to have great levels of involvement.

T

Tigers Tale

Enever, Placid, Toua & Seuteni are massive losses as they are all on the verge of great things but that's the modern game you don't have the guys that reach the next level for long.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any news from the Students? I imagine they're hitting pre-season pretty hard like other clubs.

Pre season for prems starts next week. Although they have been in the gym for a bit I think. Very strong squad of 50 or so on paper.

Expecting big things from Conor Mitchell, Sam Rieser, Campbell Wakley and Tom Banks in 2015.

Stumpy

Allen Oxlade (6)

An interesting look at club rugby dominance, specifically how the Students perform at training.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
RH, any new additions to the squad?

Are there any non-premier grade players 2014 who've made the selection?

A squad of 50 is good.

Is there a big push at St Lucia to go Back2back?

I hope Brothers hinder that ambition. Haha

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Huge year for the club starting with club champs in February and finishing with a rugby tour to Oxford and Cambridge in the UK that will coincide with the RWC.

As for new players there are a couple but mainly just the same troops with a few colts and lower graders pushing up.

We have had big losses though with Sammy Cochrane, Matt Arvier, Kane Boucaut, Austin Smith and Diggy bird (all pretty regular premier grade players) moving overseas. Also a good chance that two of Uni's best over the past 5 years hanging up the boots due to work commitments.

But as they say "when one door closes...." And I am sure there will be plenty of capable blocks busting to have a chance to claim the vacant jerseys

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)

An interesting look at club rugby dominance, specifically how the Students perform at training.

Pardon my cynicism but that was the most conceited video ever. It reminds me a bit of 'The Five D's of Dodgeball' instructional video from the Dodgeball movie.

Jeez I love a whinge against UQ but at they wouldn't bother with this crap (I hope!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyScholar

Frank Row (1)
Hi Everyone, been reading on these forums for a while now, first time poster.

Read an interesting article today about 7s and it mentioned a team called 'The Tribe' and says they're Brisbane based? Does anyone know more about these guys? Seem pretty high profile if they've got connections with Aussie 7s team but I've never heard of them. I'm guessing if they're Brissy based then a few Premier Grade fellas would be running around for them.

Article for reference.

http://www.rugby.com.au/sevens/Arti...resent-the-Tribe-in-Dubai.aspx?IsPreview=true

Status
Not open for further replies.