• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs Springbokke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If so I'd like to see Scott Williams in the centre and if 1/2p has gone then Liam Williams get a start at fullback

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yep. How many Welsch chicken runners?
Got it wrong. This from bbc

South Africa will have to change their back three for the match against Wales because of players' club commitments.
Wing JP Pietersen (White Knights) will return to Japan with Bryan Habana (Toulon) and full-back Johan Goosen (Racing Metro) returning to France.
Prop Guthro Steenkamp has also gone back to France while Jannie du Plessis has failed to recover from an injury.
Wales will be without some England-based players for the match which falls outside World Rugby's Test window.
Springboks assistant coach Johann van Graan says they had planned for the predicted absentees this week.
"That's why the coach selected a bigger squad because we knew this week was coming," he said.
"There's been guys waiting in the wings and working real hard for the last four weeks
"Both the wingers available have played in Test matches this year. Cornal [Hendricks] has been one of our stand-out players in 2014 and Lwazi [Mvovo] scored two fantastic tries against Scotland in Port Elizabeth."
Gloucester duo James Hook and Richard Hibbard are not available for Wales, along with Bath loose-head prop Paul James and Wasps second row Bradley Davies.
However, all Wales' France-based players will be available, along with Northampton Saints wing George North who has negotiated his release for Test matches.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
think you're a bit harsh on bakkies Botha. This from Walesonline

Wales vs South Africa: Springbok legend Bakkies Botha retires from international rugby

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
think you're a bit harsh on bakkies Botha. This from Walesonline

Wales vs South Africa: Springbok legend Bakkies Botha retires from international rugby
Bakkies was a legend and should have retired in 2007. Nowadays he is an oxygen thief.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I was kind of following the argument til you got to the bit about crap record against home nations. Then you lost me.

Could not be bothered digging up the detail but I think we can agree that his performance is poor full stop.

Overall stats:
Warren Gatland (2008-current)
Record overall: P62 W31 D1 L30

Record v Southern Hemisphere big three: P18 W1
Win Percentage: 50

Name one more international coach that has survived for even half his tenure with a 50% win record.

That can't imply a good ratio against the other 6N teams. Can't find the details now. Maybe Gatland is paying someone to make sure the details stay hidden on page 10 of google so his bosses won't find it and fire him when they find out that he is actually shit?

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Hey Blues maybe I missed your explanation as to why you believe he is crapola but other than Reinach's obvious box kick from the base been suss under pressure I think he is been good overall. Best open play by a 9 this season imo.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Hey Blues maybe I missed your explanation as to why you believe he is crapola but other than Reinach's obvious box kick from the base been suss under pressure I think he is been good overall. Best open play by a 9 this season imo.

I just don't see him as a scrummie who runs the game and changes tack if things are not working.

He is great around the park but I worry that he does not have the intelligence and vision to change things on the fly.

I don't think he is a world class scrum half who communicated and manages the game.

But I'd have him ahead of Hougaard all day every day.

We're thin at 9.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Could not be bothered digging up the detail but I think we can agree that his performance is poor full stop.

Overall stats:
Warren Gatland (2008-current)
Record overall: P62 W31 D1 L30

Record v Southern Hemisphere big three: P18 W1
Win Percentage: 50

Name one more international coach that has survived for even half his tenure with a 50% win record.

That can't imply a good ratio against the other 6N teams. Can't find the details now. Maybe Gatland is paying someone to make sure the details stay hidden on page 10 of google so his bosses won't find it and fire him when they find out that he is actually shit?
None of this makes any sense nor does it really matter, least ways not to anyone but us. So let's leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.