• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Quotes of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Harlequins v Castres last weekend.

Dave Ward of Quins throws the ball to the lineout - to the outside shoulder of his team mate.

The referee is Nigel Owens, who declared he was gay a few years back. He blows the whistle

Owens to Ward: "I'm straighter than that one".

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Harlequins v Castres last weekend.

Dave Ward of Quins throws the ball to the lineout - to the outside shoulder of his team mate.

The referee is Nigel Owens, who declared he was gay a few years back. He blows the whistle

Owens to Ward: "I'm straighter than that one".
Just watched the video about an hour ago.

Had a good laugh.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
"It's the total big guns. It's been two big guns since I was knee-high to a cocroach." - Old SA supporter on the Boks v All Blacks.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
A few weeks ago now but:

Taranaki v Tasman

Tom Marshall is playing for Tasman, and brother James is playing with Rhys Marshall for Taranaki.

They're all involved in a play and Tony Johnson says:

There's more Marshalls out there than at the OK Corral.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Half time fillup during BarBars v Wobs: The Honey Badger (THB) is being shown around London by a Sky Sports reporter.

The Honey Badger outside Buckingham Palace:
Interviewer: Are you pro the Queen?
THB: She does her best Mate and I don't have any bad things to say about her. She's a good bird. Former flame, I don't want to say anything bad about her.
Interviewer. How does this compare to Chateau Badger?
THB: Bit bloody snazzy isn't it.
Interviewer. Can you imaging what it must be like , you know .. .. … in terms of the throne?
THB. Oh, The Dunny? .. In there. Imagine waking up in the morning … You'd be in heaven.

Interviewer: Downing Street
THB. What's the go with that?
Interviewer: That's where the Prime Minister lives.
THB: Never heard of it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really? Anyone who watched Carter vs Scotland would disagree. Sorry Dan time to hang up the boots.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
How is that a big call, he's injured all the time and hasn't shown any form of late.

because i think hes still probably the greatest flyhalf of all time, and if he remains uninjured next season, (which if cliffy palu can do it for the tah, then carter can as well), he will get the proper match fitness and game time he needs. I just dont think he such a spent force yet.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
He was awful. He's got something left though. Be nice if he stayed injured. Slade deserves a good shot at the side, never seems to let anyone done.

T

Train Without a Station

Injury wise, Carter has never been the same since that first sabbatical.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Carter should never have gone on tour. He was on a hiding to nothing. He should have been excused the tour and Slade included from the beginning.

He would have been served better had he been required to stop playing after his injury in the Super Rugby final - and then proving himself anew in the 2015 Super Rugby comp.

Slade and Barrett are good first fives; however they are not game managers as Carter and Cruden are, but, at the RWC level, excellent bench men to cover first-five and elsewhere.

The RWC needs game managers wearing the 10 jersey. NZ probably need a fit Carter for the RWC more than we think.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez Gwerty, you just guaranteed Carter will be back better than ever next year:D , it certainly a huge boost when you write anyone off, seem to recall you have been saying for last couple of years that McCaw was well past it etc etc, so if you saying it about Carter, I just know he will be back;)

Status
Not open for further replies.