• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

Ah screw him, bugger off if he doesn't want to aim to be a Wallaby. I can understand when an aging player or one who is badly injury hampered looking off shore for the coin but players who haven't even peaked don't show intent to compete for a Wallaby cap shouldn't let the door bite them on the way out. It is a professional market but that don't mean I can't view these things from a sentimental perspective.

All the best to those young players who wan't to compete for a Wallaby cap I say.

You are a ripper.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Ah screw him, bugger off if he doesn't want to aim to be a Wallaby. I can understand when an aging player or one who is badly injury hampered looking off shore for the coin but players who haven't even peaked don't show intent to compete for a Wallaby cap shouldn't let the door bite them on the way out. It is a professional market but that don't mean I can't view these things from a sentimental perspective.

All the best to those young players who wan't to compete for a Wallaby cap I say.

Agree Ruggo.

The ARU cannot keep every "second stringer" for every position in every franchise.

I also like the bloke and have known him since he first made the firsts at BSHS in year 10. But he's a big boy, obviously capable of making decisions for his own reasons and I respect that as well. That decision obviously includes taking into account the liklihood of playing for his national team + money money money.

Hopefully he will return to Aussie rugby, a better player, on ecapable of getting a starting spot each week.

K

KAOPointman

Doesn't seem many watched k hunt in his earlier days for the broncos and more importantly, the maroons. If anyone thinks he won't king hit every mofo who runs his channel, or bring the ball back like a suicide bomber......then they need to look up his utube vids at least. His running game is sooo sweet too. Not to mention his passing game is 100% quade cooperesque. And on that thought...cooper will give him a run for his money with fitness now that he's not training for garlic ball, and that cooper is doing boxing training!

I too have watched him play thru his career, and in France. He truely is one of the great superstars of rugby.(and he's barely played the real deal yet ;) )

I CANT wait for super rugby season I tell ya! :)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Doesn't seem many watched k hunt in his earlier days for the broncos and more importantly, the maroons. If anyone thinks he won't king hit every mofo who runs his channel, or bring the ball back like a suicide bomber..then they need to look up his utube vids at least. His running game is sooo sweet too. Not to mention his passing game is 100% quade cooperesque. And on that thought.cooper will give him a run for his money with fitness now that he's not training for garlic ball, and that cooper is doing boxing training!

I too have watched him play thru his career, and in France. He truely is one of the great superstars of rugby.(and he's barely played the real deal yet ;) )

I CANT wait for super rugby season I tell ya! :)

A "superstar" - mate you have to be kidding. In rugby he cannot be objectively classed as anything but a novice.

Does he have the skills to be very good? The answer is yes yes and yes.

League is different to AFL and Union. Give the bloke a little time before you erect a bronze statue of him at Suncorp Stadium.

T

TOCC

Yep this Karmania is getting a little out of hand, Karmichael is coming to a code he has only briefly played in professionally after a few injury effected seasons at the Suns.

He could turn out to be the signing of the season, but labelling him a 'superstar' before he has played a game of super rugby let alone a test match is ridiculous.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm happy to label KHunt as a safe bet who will improve the team. You'd think he'll be good enough to cement a spot in the Reds best 15 each week and anything on top of that is just a bonus.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Look at the size of the guys thighs. I'd be concerned if they are still trying to get his muscle mass up.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Whilst I use to love his Kamikaze runs on kick returns for the Broncos - I hope he selectively implements them now. Fortunately the attributes of his I am most excited about; professionalism, brains, work ethic etc - should mean there isn't too much head shaking that often happens with new converts (not that you can blame them)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
A "superstar" - mate you have to be kidding. In rugby he cannot be objectively classed as anything but a novice.

Does he have the skills to be very good? The answer is yes yes and yes.

League is different to AFL and Union. Give the bloke a little time before you erect a bronze statue of him at Suncorp Stadium.

I agree to an extent Scrubber. Some of the praise is a little over the top and probably more the result of folk being a little disenchanted with the national team and just wanting to get excited about Rugby again rather than being based on anything more tangible. The promise of a good Reds 2015 season is undeniably delicious.

In saying that though, Karmichael is still today regarded by many who followed him at the time as the best ever Australian Rugby Schoolboy. His relatively seamless transition from League to Union would support a view that his schoolboy skills were still there as an adult, even after being away from the game for a while.

Regardless of what he brings on the field, having him in the squad will already be paying off.

We are RED!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Scoey.

I'm certainly not bagging the bloke as I reckon he's a talented footballer.

I'm just trying to keep it all in perspective.

Jeez - best Aussie Schoolboy - there are plenty of others there - like CFS and Browning. The Wallabies are - don't know about that - chock full of 'em.

I too am looking forward to a great season.

Brums to be first scalp

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
No I never thought you were bagging him mate. Just trying to explain some of the over the top appraisals of the man. ;)

Yeah there have been some amazing school boys but few like Karmichael. As always though, it's bloody hard (read: silly) to draw comparisons of players across different times.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fit enough? Probably. But I am pretty confident he would've meant cardio fit and as Tip has pointed out, the list of people fit enough to play top level AFL wouldn't be that long.

In terms of injuries, I think he only played 1 game this season but his injuries consisted of a broken little toe from playing with his daughter in his back yard, a staph infection, a concussion and a knee injury that was reported to only have him rested for one week. Not great but they certainly don't put him in the same basket as Lachie Turner and Chris Feauai-Sautia.

I reckon he'll be right.
He also has come out and stated that his body wasn't built for AFL and he was flogging it to get into shape for it. Injuries happen when your pushing your self hard to be something your not.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
No I never thought you were bagging him mate. Just trying to explain some of the over the top appraisals of the man. ;)

Yeah there have been some amazing school boys but few like Karmichael. As always though, it's bloody hard (read: silly) to draw comparisons of players across different times.

Yeah wasn't some recently saying Kalyn Ponga was the best schoolboy ever

Status
Not open for further replies.