• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Great so I can't watch the super xv cos its only on fox and now I can't watch the wallabies. No wonder rugby is losing supporters. ARU are idiots not getting a free-to-air deal.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
He's been pretty good. Doesn't make the headlines which is great for a ref. Best ref to come out of Ireland in quite some time. One is the plus column for ex-players becoming referees.

Now that I've said all that watch something go wrong at the weekend and him get branded the worst referee in history.
Promise I'll be on my best behaviour. Unless we're 2pts up with 2 mins to go and....

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
When is the team announced? Chieka better not pull the bullshit of naming 10 fucking people on his bench, even though he obviously already knows who hes choosing.

What, name 2 extra players on the bench until closer to match time.
What if there are injury concerns or they are still trying to confirm combinations?
And get used to it, he'll do what he likes until he's instructed to do otherwise.
See anybody in ARU circles who's going to be doing that anytime soon?
He's employed to make decisions and get the team into a place where they can deliver sustainable (not fleeting) success.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Fuck me everyone's very sensitive about cheika on here. I just don'tunderstand why he names extra players when he very likely already knows who he wants to play, and if players are under an injury cloud then don't select them. if they pull through and can play, then he can change it. His naming of the team isn't final, people are always being called up or pulling out due to injury.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I hope that some of the Wobs chase penalty kicks at goal for the rebounds.
99% of the time it doesn't work, but 1% of the time it pays off.
So many teams just stand and watch.
It's these 1 percenters that can make the difference between a win and a loss.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think it is on 10 at 6am

Nope - that's a replay of Aus v Wales FFS!!!! Stupid 10

Looks like I'll be conning my Dad to give me his foxtel login details so I can get foxtel play (something I'd planned to do for S15 anyway)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Fuck me everyone's very sensitive about cheika on here. I just don'tunderstand why he names extra players when he very likely already knows who he wants to play, and if players are under an injury cloud then don't select them. if they pull through and can play, then he can change it. His naming of the team isn't final, people are always being called up or pulling out due to injury.

Why are you so sensitive about how many players he names on the bench 3 days before the match? Does it really make that much difference? Or any difference at all?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
It really is impossible to be an avid rugby fan in Australia without a foxtel subscription. You just gotta find money in the budget for it. Thankfully i dont have kids, and if I did i'd be cancelling piano lessons.

Heinz Big Red for dinner again kiddies!

Reactions: BDA

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Why are you so sensitive about how many players he names on the bench 3 days before the match? Does it really make that much difference? Or any difference at all?

it annoys me that i and everyone else cant know who the 23 is until game day. He has no valid reason to do it that i can think of. It's like links stupid habit of making the players do half-time n the fields. A pointless exercise that probably stopped some players from getting the break they needed.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Great so I can't watch the super xv cos its only on fox and now I can't watch the wallabies. No wonder rugby is losing supporters. ARU are idiots not getting a free-to-air deal.

Rugby is not losing supporters because it is not on FTA. The sad truth is that rugby is not on FTA because rugby has been losing support for years and years, gradually but inexorably.

The ARU has its faults and failings, but they cannot be blamed for this unfortunate state of affairs.

Rugby is a niche sport in this country, most sportslovers prefer a game which is easier to watch and to understand.

In a fully professional era, money, and the ratings, is all that counts.

Our game does not pull the ratings, mate, so why would anybody in their right mind want to televise it?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Rugby is not losing supporters because it is not on FTA. The sad truth is that rugby is not on FTA because rugby has been losing support for years and years, gradually but inexorably.

The ARU has its faults and failings, but they cannot be blamed for this unfortunate state of affairs.

Rugby is a niche sport in this country, most sportslovers prefer a game which is easier to watch and to understand.

In a fully professional era, money, and the ratings, is all that counts.

Our game does not pull the ratings, mate, so why would anybody in their right mind want to televise it?

Ten are showing infomercials instead. Come on mate. I'm sure a rugby game would pull more ratings then a bloody danoz direct vacuum cleaner.

I would also argue that England V Aussie would surely be one of the more popular rivalries given the amount of Aussies with English heritage. If they were smart they would have prioritised this game.

But the ARU don't seem to prioritised anything, they just take what they can get, whether it be making horrible fixtures, hiring poor coaches, or being unable to negotiate decent televised matches. It is all in some way related to the ARU and that is why I am directing blame at them.

How are we suppose to get supporters back if they can't even watch the games?

T

Train Without a Station

But Seb he's honestly right. Channel 10 have rights to the game. Based on the anti-siphoning list they cannot be prevented from showing it. What else can you do?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
But the ARU don't seem to prioritised anything, they just take what they can get, whether it be making horrible fixtures, hiring poor coaches, or being unable to negotiate decent televised matches. It is all in some way related to the ARU and that is why I am directing blame at them.

How are we suppose to get supporters back if they can't even watch the games?

I'm confused how you think the ARU has any control over whether Channel 10 show the match live.

Status
Not open for further replies.