• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
But Seb he's honestly right. Channel 10 have rights to the game. Based on the anti-siphoning list they cannot be prevented from showing it. What else can you do?

The anti-siphoning laws actually work against us here because to my knowledge they require the game to be shown on the main channel.

Channel 10 might show it live if they didn't have to put it on their main channel.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Ten are showing infomercials instead. Come on mate. I'm sure a rugby game would pull more ratings then a bloody danoz direct vacuum cleaner.

Ratings are king in FTA, so apparently TEN does not agree that the game would rate.

That is not the ARU's fault.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Looks like I'll have to pay my footer go subscription for the month. Annoying but I need my rugby fix..Although could stream it..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I suppose I could give away my two spare foxtel go connection.. Before I offer this need to make sure I can get it back before Sunday..

T

Train Without a Station

Don't they limit it to one device change per month?

T

Train Without a Station

Ahh sorry I thought you mean you needed the other use to be off so you could change back.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Narr just I only get it during Super Rugby and last time I went too re subscribe it took them 3 days to turn it on again..

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Ok, so back to the game. Is the team announced at 3pm same as lat week?

I reckon we would want to see
1 Slipper
2. FTS or Chibba (whoever is fit)
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Carter or Horwill (whoever is fit)
6. Jones
7. Hooper
8. Big Dog
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Tomane
12. To'omua
13. TK
14. Speight
15. Izzy

16. Chibba or Bongo
17. Robinson
18. Faulkner
19. depends on who starts and if the other one is injured.
20. Hodgo
21. Genia
22. Foley
23. Horne (but it will probably be Beale)

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ok, so back to the game. Is the team announced at 3pm same as lat week?

I reckon we would want to see
1 Slipper
2. FTS or Chibba (whoever is fit)
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Carter or Horwill (whoever is fit)
6. Jones
7. Hooper
8. Big Dog
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Tomane
12. To'omua
13. TK
14. Speight
15. Izzy

16. Chibba or Bongo
17. Robinson
18. Faulkner
19. depends on who starts and if the other one is injured.
20. Hodgo
21. Genia
22. Foley
23. Horne (but it will probably be Beale)

TK is out
would be shocked to see anyone other than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at centre
beale will be in the 23
skelton will be in the 23
hodgson won't
i think cheika has shown his hand
ps not saying this is what i would pick just what i think the tour selectors will

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'm confused how you think the ARU has any control over whether Channel 10 show the match live.

Don't the Channels have to bid and pay to show the games? The ARU could have dropped their price to televise the games on free to air tv. Their are 2 other networks who could have televised it too.

I work in finance. The first thing you learn is, make sure you save enough money in the good times so you can get through the bad times. They did not do this. Now it seems when they need to take some hits, eg. Take a lower offer to air free-to-air so they can win back supporters for the long-term. But they can't afford to do this. IMO They are making desperate short-term decisions which will have short-term financial benefits. Eg. Making another fixture on the EOYT when it is clearly not the best for player performance. Quality over Quantity. And getting rid of the mid-week matches against club sides as their is no financial benefit. But those fixtures could have increased our performance which in the long-term would get back supporters who enjoy watching a more high performance game.

Big business is not as simple, TEN don't want to show it on TV, so it not the ARU's fault. The ARU are the controlling body, they have obviously made some poor decisions somewhere (hiring poor coaches, finance, staff, grass-roots development, failing to compete with the marketing of its competition) for rugby to be in this poor position.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have foxtel so I will be watching this game, well Maybe depending on team annoucment. But foxtel have changed and updated packages to compete with free to air. The sports combo package now $50 a month with all sport channels amd entertainment channels. That 52 channels and 9 sport I think... Just putting it out there for folks that maybe can squeeze there budget a little further for the name rugby union.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don't understand why a rugby supporter doesn't have Foxtel.

You can't see any rugby without it apart from aus Tests

T

Train Without a Station

Don't the Channels have to bid and pay to show the games? The ARU could have dropped their price to televise the games on free to air tv. Their are 2 other networks who could have televised it too.

As far as I'm aware, the ARU doesn't have the rights to sell this game. The RFU sell it, the purchaser then on-selling it.

I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well, that sucks.. Will have to give the old man a call and tell him I'll be commandeering his TV early sunday morning.

Wallabies by 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.