• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies damage change room in Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The article clearly says the Australian team reported an accident and have offered their assistance in any way. Seems like a fair process to go through.
However the only information about the 8000 Euro damage comes from an un-named "source". Anger, fury, rage - emotive words from someone who doesn't have the courage to publicly make the accusations.
So Independent.ie quotes the Irish Daily Star which quotes somebody who hides their name. No room there for error at all!!
I'll wager it's a beat-up.

I hope not. The last beat up led to the coach walking out the door which I understand was left in good condition.:)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That's about a box, or two, of my best wine, no more. Easy.

And that's all it's bloody worth.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
"The Aviva dressing-rooms were built to the highest standard, so the cost of the damage is €8,000," added the source.

I question the strength of the materials if it's costing 8K to repair....I wonder what titanium costs.

Other papers are reporting door knobs causing plaster damage.....plaster board must be really special over there

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
One of the reports suggested that the door handle punched a hole in the wall.

That is reasonably common when you've got a gyprock wall and no door stop behind the door.

The repair figure seems ridiculous.

It's surprising the Irish newspapers couldn't even get a picture of the damage. Perhaps they could and it just didn't support the outrage and the suggested bill to repair it.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Jeez, and I thought house prices in Sydney were high, if that's how much a door costs in Dublin their housing market must be going nuts!

T

Train Without a Station

One of the reports suggested that the door handle punched a hole in the wall.

That is reasonably common when you've got a gyprock wall and no door stop behind the door.

The repair figure seems ridiculous.

It's surprising the Irish newspapers couldn't even get a picture of the damage. Perhaps they could and it just didn't support the outrage and the suggested bill to repair it.

As I noted that's a design and construction flaw if that's the case. Hardly the fault of any tenant.

I successful argued to a Property Manager (probably not the sharpest tool in the shed I guess) that when the castor wheels on my bed left indents in the timber flooring from, well let's not say what, that the material clearly wasn't fit for purpose as it's highly likely a bed with caster wheels will be located in a bedroom and therefore should be able to withstand it's use without damage.

Much like opening a door, regardless of how hard, it should not damage the wall around it, hence why door stops are used.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
being reported it was a Wallaby support staff and 2 players now.

What the fuck were they doing? Clearly it wasn't just opening it to hard if three people were allegedly involved.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm happy to give everybody the benefit of the doubt. Mostly considering the only article I've read can't seem to decide who did it, or whether it was pure accident.

Plus Reg has to be wrong because as David Lord, all the Sydney media and supporters of it said, Cheika doesn't cop any shit at all.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Regardless of who it is, now it's just stupid to not release the names of the people involved and the details of the damage. Do that and the story is over.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah but you don't even know if the ARU are certain who it is. It's quite conceivable that nobody has taken responsibility and there's a lot of "I didn't see anything" for fear of negative repercussions.

It also sounds like it could potentially be a complete storm in a tea cup, or also it could be an immature act.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
That's right we don't know anything. That's what i said I think. So they should clear up the bullshit and release details.

Status
Not open for further replies.