• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It'll be interesting to see how Skelton develops vs Tuipulotu in the All Blacks.
Both huge units, though Skelton is bigger, both have good ball handling skills, both not great in lineouts (though Tui' can take his own, just doesn't contest much), both don't seem great in the scrum.

A lot of similarities. The respective coaching and desire to improve will determine whether either goes on to be great players.
Tuipulotu was up there in Super Rugby this year with lineout steals at the Blues. He is proficient at the lineout despite being 20/21. His ball skills are admirable too

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
For those that don't have Foxtel, using the Google Chrome internet browser with the "Hola" extension should allow to unlock the BBC. They have a 1 hr programme of highlights at 19.00 GMT (06.00 AEDT) on BBC3.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Or Tomikin comes through with the win, sign up for Foxtel Go/play14 day trial and can it after the game. You can have a good stream.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
For those that don't have Foxtel, using the Google Chrome internet browser with the "Hola" extension should allow to unlock the BBC. They have a 1 hr programme of highlights at 19.00 GMT (06.00 AEDT) on BBC3.

Thanks for the suggestion, boyo, I will see how I go.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Faulkner didn't deserve to be dropped for the match. I thought he was solid against Ireland and I don't think Alexander deserves to be there. White over Genia, thats a 50/50 call. Personally I don't think White can handle high pressure situations. Hope we are at least 10 up with 20 to go.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Faulkner didn't deserve to be dropped for the match. I thought he was solid against Ireland and I don't think Alexander deserves to be there. White over Genia, thats a 50/50 call. Personally I don't think White can handle high pressure situations. Hope we are at least 10 up with 20 to go.

Are we talking 2014 Genia or 2011 Genia, White has been a better player all year, in Tests as well. Genia is a shadow of his former self, and has been lucky to get game time.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Are we talking 2014 Genia or 2011 Genia, White has been a better player all year, in Tests as well. Genia is a shadow of his former self, and has been lucky to get game time.
That's clearly your opinion. I think White has been average. Barely average and has made some very poor decisions. And that's not saying Genia has been good it's merely a comment on Whites form.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That's clearly your opinion. I think White has been average. Barely average and has made some very poor decisions. And that's not saying Genia has been good it's merely a comment on Whites form.
White's done some good and bad things but barely average is an insult too his year. This year his out played Genia easy

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Skelton is still extremely young. Carter is coming on nicely and Simmons is similar to Sharpie in a lot of ways. He will get better, but not that much better. He is a technician rather than a tearaway.
The RWC may be a little too soon for Skelton but he will rise to the top at some point. He's smart, strong and very big. We know his hand eye co-ordination is top notch for a big bloke and that he has excellent footy smarts.

Don't diagree that skelton is a great future prospect but definitely not test grade with his lineout and scrumaging limitations..

He needs a lot of work on latter over next 12 months

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
Still say sign up for foxtel go's 14 day trail and watch it live.
Thanks for the heads up. Just signed up and quality looks good enough. Looking at the other shit on there though makes me realise why I don't have foxtel.

Nap time for a few hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.