• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I can confirm a couple new Reds recruits in Talakai and Pa'aiua will join GPS in 2015. Also this may come of some surprise to a few QLDers. Matt Lucas has taken a spot in the Reds EDS and will align himself to his beloved Sunnybank next season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That's very interesting. I'd heard Talakai was at Brothers thanks to his housemate and friend Matt Mafi?

Lucas? Wow.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I swear Talakai was at University. Must be the Todd Dammers connection.

I heard right this morning that Brothers have definitely got JOC (James O'Connor) and the Big Man (Thor) for next year. Should be an interesting and competitive 2015.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don't have a problem with Thor going to Brothers. Mathison (Prems) and McCormack (Prem Colts) are both quality forwards coaches and will really help his development. I'm tipping Tupou will start at least the first couple of games in Prem Colts.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
SouthernX, you were so quiet whilst University and GPS pinched (legitimately) plenty of your juniors. Once Brothers obtain a former junior (JOC (James O'Connor)) and Tongan Thor (wants to be apart of a good colts program) you question it.

Let's remember, Brothers offer no scholarships, no financial incentives (couldn't afford to) and haven't had a representative player in how long.

I personally think its good for the game. Furthermore, I hope Wests pickup Adam Thomson, Karmichael or Tui.

I don't like Wests for rivalry purposes, but I prefer a competitive Wests compared to an average Wests. Its better when 6 or 7 teams can compete, compared to 1 or 2.

T

Tigers Tale

SX - I think that's a long bow to point at Bros - the Filth are guilty of a multitude of sins (ironic for a group of Cattletics) but opening up a big cheque book is not one.

I just don't think Bros would have a lot of spare cash floating around.

T

Tigers Tale

I would like to see Thomson & Hunt pull on the blue and gold but reality is that these guys & JOC (James O'Connor) will be lucky to play more than a game or two for the club that they align themselves to.

Does anyone have a view on whether Lachy Turner will see much S15 in 2015 or will he have to start at QPR level?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I personally think Turner should start at No.11 for the Reds. It would be a toss up between him and Chris Feauai-Sautia.

TT, I think the Tigs will have to rebuild next year and produce the goods in 2016/17. Plenty of good new colts from Churchie and Nudgee (unfortunately) wearing those tiger stripes.

Any progress out of Sunnybank? I imagine they will aspire to knock off those Students and win next year?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Haha Filth/TT come on mate, bit of tongue and cheek.

I wasn't having a dig at the Brothers. There's been plenty of finger pointing by me & others over the years at recruiting methods we've all heard on the grapevine. Brothers name never comes up in this offseason gossip talk.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I havent been down to training this offseason due to work commitments but was speaking to Marco not long ago, he lives on the coast with his wife and the trip up to yoku is a big one for training and games weekly so switching to the breakers would not completely surprise me.
I also heard of Talakai coming over with the dammers commection.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
I havent been down to training this offseason due to work commitments but was speaking to Marco not long ago, he lives on the coast with his wife and the trip up to yoku is a big one for training and games weekly so switching to the breakers would not completely surprise me.
I also heard of Talakai coming over with the dammers commection.

I think you will find Jeeper and TBD that Marco will stay at GPS out of loyalty for what they have done for his rugby, with getting a shot at the NRC and now an elite dev squad contract. Makes sense as he will need to be in Bris for training.

T

Tigers Tale

I personally think Turner should start at No.11 for the Reds.

TT, I think the Tigs will have to rebuild next year and produce the goods in 2016/17. Plenty of good new colts from Churchie and Nudgee (unfortunately) wearing those tiger stripes.

Filth I think a fair enough call in relation to both these but don't write off the Tigers top 4 chances just yet.

Can you tell what In terms of numbers are the 2014 Nudgee boys heading to Easts Colts in 2015?

T

Tigers Tale

Don't worry Filth they are only just coming across the Storey Bridge to play for an ecumenical club!

It will be great to see the Nudgee & Churchie lads in the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.