• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Satire

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Rugby Redux version of Apocalypse Now !

The more I look at Rugby …the more I am reminded of the Apocalypse Now script with name changes and a little license and fun … Don’t take it seriously, these are doctored quotes from the film …:):)

Colonel Kurtz on Rugby mongrel : You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to instil mongrel without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

Cheika :They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.

Pulver : Are my methods unsound?

Cheika: I don't see any method at all, sir.

Pulver: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?

Cheika: I'm a coach .

Pulver : You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

Journalists : Could we, uh... talk to Michael Hawker ?

ARU Media type : Hey, man, you don't talk to the Chairman . You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

ARU Board member : I will not hurt or harm you. Just give me back the board . It was a good board... and I like it. You know how hard it is to find a board you like... (they are actually talking about a surfboard)

Photojournalist on Pulver : What are they going to say about him? What? Are they going to say he was a kind man? He was a wise man? He had plans? He had wisdom? Bullshit, man!

Cheika : Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another.

No wonder Cheika put a weed up the boards ass. The game was being run by a bunch of four star clowns who were gonna end up giving the whole circus away.

Pulver to Cheika : Your mission is to proceed to the RWC Final . Pick up McKenzie’s path from the RC , follow it and learn what you can along the way. When you find him at Eden Park , infiltrate the team by whatever means available and terminate McKenzie’s command .

Cheika: Terminate the Coach ?

Pulver : He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field commanding troops.

Hawker: Terminate with extreme prejudice.

Pulver: You understand, that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist...

Narration: Then there was Cheika , it might have been the ARU’s mission, but it sure as shit was the coaches team .

On the Dublin 2013 EOYT : Are you crazy, Goddammit? Don't you think its a little risky for some R&R?

McKenzie to the team at Eden Park : If I say its safe to play Rugby on this pitch , Captain, then its safe to play on this pitch! I mean, I'm not afraid to ruck at this place, I'll ruck this whole fucking place!

Commentators at the game : Someday this match is gonna end... That'd be just fine with the boys on the pitch . They weren't looking for anything more than a way home.

On the search for mongrel : They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

On Bealegate : Oh man... the bullshit piled up so fast in Australia , you needed wings to stay above it.

Pulver to Gallop : Why don’t you Soccer Types learn from us - from our mistakes? Mon Dieux! With your Army, your strength, your power, you could win if you want to! You can win!

Sydney Shute Shield Clubs :: The ARU ... we worked with them, made something - something out of nothing... We want to stay here because it's ours - it belongs to us. It keeps our family together. I mean, we fought for that. While now you the ARU are fighting for the biggest nothing in history!

Pulver on Deans : Everybody wanted me to do it, him most of all. I felt like he was up there, waiting for me to take the pain away. He just wanted to go out like a soldier, standing up, not like some poor, wasted, rag-assed renegade. Even the journalists wanted him gone, and that's who he really took his orders from anyway.

Pulver : Hey Hawker, do you know who's in command here?

Hawker : Ain't you?

Pocock : As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

Chris Handy : Buddha Time! (What Else !!!!)

Narrator: The All Blacks didn't get time off . They were dug in too deep or moving too fast. Their idea of great R&R was Fish & Chips , a sheep on a spit and DB Bitter , They had only two ways home: death, or victory.

Queensland Fans on Cheika : Why would a Reds Fan want to axe a genius? Why? Because they told you he was crazy? The Cheika is not crazy. The man is clear in his mind, but his soul is mad.

EOYT 2014 vs England pre game : Disneyland? Fuck, man, this (Twickenam) is better than Disneyland!

McKenzie to Beale : My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this team , so I don't! But one look at you, and I know it's gonna be hot!

Pocock to Pulver : Have you ever considered any real freedoms? Freedoms from the opinion of others... even the opinions of yourself?

Colonel Kilgore: [Explaining why the helicopters play music during air assaults] We use Wagner. It scares the shit out of the slopes. My boys love it! … And NSW Waratahs have “TAH MAN” ..go figure .

McKenzie: I'm not presently disposed to discuss these operations, sir (until my books out!).

The Second Phone: …Sir, I am unaware of any such phone or operation... nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir.

Wallabies on the English scrum : He was close, real close. I couldn't see him yet, but I could feel him, as if the scrum were being sucked Upfield and the momentum was flowing back into our memory . . Whatever was going to happen, it wasn't gonna be the way they call it back in Australia .

ARU External Auditor : Part of me was afraid of what I would find and what I would do when I got there. I knew the risks, or imagined I knew. But the thing I felt the most, much stronger than fear, was the desire to confront him (John O'Neill re his package).

McKenzie to Hooper 1 hour after Eden Park Test : You're in the asshole of the world, Captain!

On Alan : Well, he wasn't a bad coach , I guess. He loved his boys, and he felt safe with 'em. He was just one of those guys with that weird light around him. He just knew he wasn't gonna get so much as a scratch here.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The horror... The horror...

911.png

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Good stuff HPD - you produced this gem, yet they say that strong drink is harmful to the brain.

It's a pity what happened to Colonel Kurtz - he could have been a contender.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I like the new debating thread , perhaps we could get the halfbacks (Led by Nick Phipps ) vs the Referees (Led by Steve Walsh or Jaco Peyper) To discuss "Rugby , is it a religion ?" or "Do referees actually listen to half backs?" . Maybe patrons could get a photo opportunity with Steve post debate .

Status
Not open for further replies.