• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
From what I'd heard:

1st DIV 9 teams (including Brothers)
2nd DIV 8 Teams (Oatley have requested DIV 3, St Ives want to stay up but Hills get priority if they wish to move up to DIV 2)
3rd DIV I think its a post january head ache

On another issue I heard at the ARU meeting on Thursday that things become so heated that senior ARU officals where told to take a 5 minute "walk around the block" when they was accussed by some clubs of operating whilst insolvent.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Subbies have apparently sold the sponsorship to this years comp to a certain cider for less than a division 4 club is getting from said beverage

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
No guessing which one

Didn't make it difficult to guess, whoever is in charge (what a phrase for Subbies), needs to realise that you don't need to take the first offer that comes along. All clubs will suffer for it.

XVProps

Herbert Moran (7)
Its a commical comment really. Campbelltown were nothing but transparent and the board ignored the warnings. Relegation threats might have worked in the past but with many clubs main concern now pure survival I dont think they care what Div they are in as long as they are still around.
You are spot on Heavyd. Campbelltown were up front with Subbies. The club even requested to voluntarily relegate. The answer was a straight out no. But instead of assisting the club that was honest all Subbies was interested in was punishment. Docking the club 300 club championship points in an already tough season was just rubbing salt into the wound!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
So Oatley and St Ives down to 3rd Div and Redfeild up. Hills up to 2nd Div. Any other notable changes? Beecroft?

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
The hairs on the tail are bristling.........

I believe that the Chairman of Subbies has recently ( ie today) forwarded a scathing letter to the ARU regarding the implementation of the NIL & NPF fopr 2015 - and I suspect will have significant support from Sydney & Country Junior RU's, and NSW Country RU too.

Me thinks the fur is about to start flying....

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Hills promoted to Div 2

Div 2 to be

* BOBS
* Blue Mountains
* Forest
* Hills
* HH
* Lindfield
* Newport
* UNSW

Going to be an interesting year next year!

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
I believe 60 Junior presidents met last night and I understand voted to reject the new ARU registration system, individual insurance payments and the ARU's NPF. Its clear that the ARU have not done any homework on these changes, did not consult any stakeholders and have shown a complete lack of understanding of how rugby clubs are run. My honest assessment is these 'old boys' have no idea how rugby is administered outside of the GPS competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.