• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...-queensland-reds/story-fndpt9s1-1227163050908

Promising article.

Well, you're not discovering gunpowder. That's the thought of ALL Reds supporters ;)

Richard Graham certainly seems to think so:

Richard Graham said:
When you think about it he has played (fullback) for Biarritz at the top level and that’s pretty much a Super Rugby season.

I obviously didn't think hard enough about it - I thought he played 13 and 10. :S

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Graham didn't say he played at fullback for Biarritz only that he played there, the journalist added fullback, somewhat erroneously. As far as I can tell RG was only talking about Hunt's easy transition and why it's not a surprise.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wallaby Quade Cooper won’t rule out signing with an NRL club after Rugby World Cup

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WALLABIES playmaker Quade Cooper hasn’t ruled out signing with an NRL club once his contract with the Australian Rugby Union expires after next year’s World Cup.
In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Telegraph, Cooper revealed his strong desire to play rugby league and emulate his childhood idol, Brad Fittler.
The 26-year-old admits he seriously considered linking with league before re-signing with the ARU in early December, while he almost signed with Parramatta back in 2010.

“I played league when I was a kid, so I’ll always have that desire to one day play it,” Cooper said.
“I looked at league before re-signing with rugby recently, but in the end I wanted to try and play in the World Cup.
“But I’ve thought about league a few times throughout my career.
“I remember the Parramatta deal was very close.

“I was literally going over to sign a contract the next morning, but then the ARU came in and sold me a better deal in terms of all the whole approach and I decided to stay.
“But playing league is something that I’d love to do.
“Even last year I considered playing league with Sonny at the Roosters, so the option has always been there and I’m not ruling anything out in the future.
“I’m re-signed for another year in rugby, but after that who knows.”
Cooper said he has always followed league and admired the game’s players, especially Fittler.
“The Roosters was my team growing up in New Zealand, because Fittler was my favourite player,” he said.
“I used to have a big poster of him on my wall and I used to try and copy his step and his passing.
“Then Sonny happened to go and play at the Roosters, so I was back following the Roosters again.”
Wallaby Quade Cooper won’t rule out a move to the NRL following the Rugby World Cup.Source: Getty ImagesOriginally published as Cooper the Rooster: Quade won’t rule it out

http://m.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wal...-rugby-world-cup/story-e6frf4pu-1227162916882

Good news! I hope he get lucky and stay away from injuries. He could be the replacement for Folau at 15 after WC :D

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cooper would be silly to categorically rule out signing for an NRL club. It would just remove some of his options when signing his next contract. Even if he had no intention of playing in the NRL, he may as well let them offer him money if they want to.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
"Hunt’s teammates were given a taste of his new skills when he launched a kick from inside his own 20m across field to find touch 5m from the opposing tryline."
from the same article.. hectic that's an accurate, 80m kick

Maybe he'll be Latho 2.0, but can tackle when needed.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Cooper would be silly to categorically rule out signing for an NRL club. It would just remove some of his options when signing his next contract. Even if he had no intention of playing in the NRL, he may as well let them offer him money if they want to.

His performances in the Wallaby jersey will determine his next contrsact price.

The last time he was held up as "bloke with the X factor" who Australia needed desparately. I think his star has waned somewhat, particularly with Foley (and even Matt To'omua) being a credible alternative and in fact, the incumbant. (Personally IMO QC (Quade Cooper) still offers a lot)

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Without trying to turn this into a Cooper v Foley discussion (plenty of that already said on other forums) I think you'll find that even if Foley is viewed as first choice flyhalf for the Wallabies, Coopers value is still high. He provides a unique skill set to the other options at 10 which means for the foreseeable future if he stays injury free he will always be up for Wallabies contention whether it be starting or on the bench.

To use a term more commonly seen in American sports, Coopers next contract will most likely be his last 'maximum deal' so it makes sense for him to put feelers out across all codes.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
QC (Quade Cooper) > Foley

;)

I agree but a few years ago there was Quade then daylight. He was seen as the saviour. Injury at RWC 2011 saw him struggle to find consistent top form. It seems to be coming.

Daylight has turned into twilight. Foley and To'omua are more than viable options and FFS Foley is now the incumbant.

A good Super rugby season for Quade will have him back in the starting 10 jersey.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I agree but a few years ago there was Quade then daylight. He was seen as the saviour. Injury at RWC 2011 saw him struggle to find consistent top form. It seems to be coming.

Daylight has turned into twilight. Foley and To'omua are more than viable options and FFS Foley is now the incumbant.

A good Super rugby season for Quade will have him back in the starting 10 jersey.

On the spring tour 2013 he had a very high performance

;)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
A good, skilful big engined player.

He's got all the attributes to be a good Sevens player, as has the aforementioned Gunn. It's just a matter of how he can use them to fit in with the game of Sevens, compared to how the incumbents are doing the same.

Better still if he has some little add-ons of skill that maybe are not that relevant in XVs but are significant in Sevens - possibility even some that he is not aware that he has.

Having some small points of difference if you are playing with only six other blokes at any time, can make a difference if the others are too much alike—as I think some of the Aussies are.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
looks like talakai and faagase straight into the big boy world at 3 & 18.

Can't see them rocking all 3 young Brisbane City EDS props at once ( therefore daley over paraka)

1. Slipper 2. Fainga'a 3. Talakai
4. Simmons 5. Horwill
6.Thompson 8.Schatz 7. Gill

9. Genia 10.Quade 11. JOC (James O'Connor) 12.Tapuai 13.Kerevi 14.Sautia 15. Hunt

16. Hanson 17. Daley 18. Faagase 19.Mcduling 20. Browning 21. Frisby 22. Fainga'a 23. Turner

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.