• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
How is the financing of Force without a main sponsor on the jersey?

Whats the japanese contingent stand at now in Super Rugby?

Reds: Hendrix Lui
Force: Akihito Yamada
Rebels: Shota Horie
Highlanders: Fumiaki Tanaka?

Guys like Shota Horie will probably form the nucleus of the Japanese Super Rugby team in 2016 so its good to see them et exposure now..

With the HUGE fortune of Japanese rugby and the number of international stars that are playing in Japan, I imagine a Japanese franchise with 80% of foreign players. They will gain good results but won't develop Japanese players

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

Same way they did last year with the local business buying a jersey at 50k a pop. The million they just got from health ways 'alcohol think again' also helps.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)

With the HUGE fortune of Japanese rugby and the number of international stars that are playing in Japan, I imagine a Japanese franchise with 80% of foreign players. They will gain good results but won't develop Japanese players

90% sure there's a limit on the number of foreign players that can play per team in the Japanese competition at the moment. I would imagine that policy would extend into their Super Rugby franchise as well, considering NZ and Aus have a similar one (and SA might as well, I'm not sure). It could be very interesting though to see a more or less Japanese national side, with 2-3 massive names playing alongside them.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Same way they did last year with the local business buying a jersey at 50k a pop. The million they just got from health ways 'alcohol think again' also helps.

How's that? Local business buy the shirt of a specific player? And what happens if the player is injured? Or they just buy a jersey and the Force ensures that appears on the field?

What if the local business wants to buy the jersey of an emblematic player like Matt Hodgson or Honey badger? I imagine it's more expensive than others jersey

M

Moono75

The Force must of been working like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest to pull this off.......Strewth!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Force must of been working like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest to pull this off...Strewth!

How good is that confirmed in news this morning Badger returning - I need to go and buy that new old spice dedorant....the add is classic badger. I also need to buy a wig to take to next wallabies game where badger plays. I think all wallaby supporters have missed him.....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How's that? Local business buy the shirt of a specific player? And what happens if the player is injured? Or they just buy a jersey and the Force ensures that appears on the field?

What if the local business wants to buy the jersey of an emblematic player like Matt Hodgson or Honey badger? I imagine it's more expensive than others jersey

They sponsor a jersey number, not a specific player. Obviously they know that if players are healthy, a certain player will be likely to be wearing a certain jersey.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
If the Badge comes back for next season, this could really be one of the many shots in the arm that Australian rugby needs. I would imagine the Force will see a spike in memberships and crowds and the media all want to interview him.
He provides a wonderful honest type of publicity that is simply so good for the game.
The dark cloud hovering over me is beginning to diminish....

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
They sponsor a jersey number, not a specific player. Obviously they know that if players are healthy, a certain player will be likely to be wearing a certain jersey.

It's strange, we all know that every player has a different value, maybe they have a random system to choose the jerseys

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
ITS OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!
The Badger Is Back!

Nick ‘Honey Badger’ Cummins will return to the Western Force for the 2015 Asteron Life Super Rugby season.

Cummins, who has played 74 matches for the Western Australian club over the past seven seasons, was granted a release from his Western Force contract on compassionate grounds to join Japanese club, the Coca Cola Red Sparks, at the end of the 2014 Asteron Life Super Rugby competition.

Read more: http://www.westernforce.com.au/article/badger-back-cummins-returns-force

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
brilliant work! Well done to the Force crew to bring him back. Assuming the ARU played some role as well.

Can't wait to see him back on the field.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
From memory last year it was first in best dressed re what jersey number a sponsor received and the WA govt came in at the last minute and bought up all of the reserves jerseys.
I actually think that despite the effort it takes RugbyWA to fill up 23 jerseys, its a really good way to connect with a large section of the WA business community and no doubt the idea is to move them up into higher sponsorship categories. I mean if Fortescue can sponsor the number 7 jersey, with a currentl market cap of $8.3 billion, I'm sure they could cough up a millo for the main jersey sponsorship.
Great news re the Badge....

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
If you read the Western Force media release it sounds like there was a lot of 3rd party $ that got the deal over the line. I would imagine the ARU didnt have to pay for him to come back as he is contracted to Coca Cola and he'll simply get a match fee.
Great result which I hope means larger crowds for the Force in 2015.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's very unlikely the WA government could help again; their budget is shot thanks to some absolutely ridiculous estimated iron ore prices. FMG will likely be a large loser of the iron ore price collapse (or re-normalisation, actually) as they are the big margin producer now and iron ore prices will likely bounce well under their break even rate, estimated to be maybe low $70s or high $60s after further cost cutting.

Anway.....I think that selling 23 jersey sponsorships is potentially a larger risk than one sponsor, as getting 23 sponsors in the economic climate we are heading into (particularly the mining states) will be a huge challenge.

Best of luck to the Force with the sponsorships; hope they can sell them all again.

M

Moono75

Anway...I think that selling 23 jersey sponsorships is potentially a larger risk than one sponsor, as getting 23 sponsors in the economic climate we are heading into (particularly the mining states) will be a huge challenge.

Best of luck to the Force with the sponsorships; hope they can sell them all again.

Good luck with Richard Graham in the super rugby season we are heading into, it will be a huge challenge.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
2015 Squad Completed
1.Chris Heiberg Development Player 2016
2.Ollie Hoskins 2016
3.Tetera Faulkner 2015 Wallabies Caps
4.Heath Tessman 2015
5.Wilhelm Steenkamp Marquee Player 2016
6.Sam Wykes 2015
7.Adam Coleman 2016
8.Matt Hodgson Wallabies Caps 2015
9.Ben McCalman Wallabies Caps 2015
10.Brynard Stander Development Player 2015
11.Ian Prior 2015
12.Zack Holmes 2015
13.Kyle Godwin 2016
14.Marcel Brache Development Player 2015
15.Luke Morahan Wallabies Cap 2015
16. Alby Mathewson Marquee All Black Caps 2016
17. Angus Cottrell 2016
18. Nathan Charles Wallabies Caps 2016
19. Rory Walton 2016
20. Pat Dellit 2015
21. Dane Haylett-Petty 2015
22. Chris Alcock 2016
23. Junior Rasolea 2016
24.Pek Cowan Wallabies Caps 2016
25. Steve Mafi 2016 Tonga Caps
26. Sias Ebersohn Development Player 2017
27. Luke Burton 2015
28. Albert Nikoro 2016
29. Mitchell Scott 2016
30. Nick Cummins Wallabies Caps 2015

2015 EPS Contracts
31. Francois van Wyk
32. Robbie Abel
33. Ross Haylett-Petty
34. Ryan Louwrens
35. Brad Lacey

Japanese Import
36. Akihito Yamada 2015 Japanese Caps

Gone
Phoenix Battye
Kieran Longbottom
Hugh McMennamin
Jayden Hayward
Salesi Manu
Ed Stubbs
Chris Tuatara-Morrison

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So we could see something like this.

1 Cowan
2 Charles
3 Falkner
4 Wykes
5 Coleman
6 Cottrel
7 Hodgson
8 McCalman

9 Alby
10 Holmes
11 Cummins
12 Godwin
13 Junior
14 Morahan
15 DHP

16 Tessmann
17 Van Wyk
18 Hoskins
19 Mafi
20 Alcock/Stander
21 Prior
22 Ebersohn
23 Brache

Not Half Bad

Only real weakness for me is prop not much depth there hopfully Foles can get the best out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.