• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Good possibility with prior off contract at the end of this season and considering Alby had signed on till the end of 2016. Force have 2 young blokes in be wings in lowrens and turner would be sad to see him go but you could understand why.
If Prior is leaving, the Force have to be a good shout at winning the Super Rugby. Prior is renowned for his swan songs.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I wonder if the Brumbies agreeing to release Nic might be an indication of upcoming salary cap problems. Since 2012, they have increased their Wallaby contingent from 3 to 12. Must be putting pressure on their budget.

I know it can be counter-productive to hold onto someone who wants to leave, but had they wanted, they could have stood on their dig and refused to release him. Maybe it is an arrangement that suits all parties.

Hope to see Nic return in 2018/19 before the next RWC.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Jake Whites noble skills are noted. Pity Nic White hasn't stood by his brumbies agreement. I was hoping he would try to win back a starting wallabies spot not give up early. A disappointing announcement prior to kicking off the season. ARU cash maybe luw but seems players cant standby their word either.
It was reported in the Canberra Times that White was on a one year contract with a an option for a second year with the ARU and Brumbies. White has chosen to give the Brumbies as much notice as possible and also not interfere with the upcoming season by making his decision now even though it puts his RWC aspirations at risk. Given the details reported I don't see how White has reneged or gone back on his word. ARU may be low on cash especially after Karmichael Hunt and Phipps signed long term contracts and Kurtley Beale and Quade Cooper signed for 2015 only

T

TOCC

It was reported in the Canberra Times that White was on a one year contract with a an option for a second year with the ARU and Brumbies. White has chosen to give the Brumbies as much notice as possible and also not interfere with the upcoming season by making his decision now even though it puts his RWC aspirations at risk. Given the details reported I don't see how White has reneged or gone back on his word. ARU may be low on cash especially after Karmichael Hunt and Phipps signed long term contracts and Kurtley Beale and Quade Cooper signed for 2015 only

If he had a contract with an option for the second year as you suggest then Nic White was the person who chose not to exercise it or activated the clause to get out, the value of the contract wouldn't have changed since he signed 5 in August.
Bringing KB (Kurtley Beale), Phipps and Quade into this discussion is an unnecessary deflection since all three players signed their contract with the ARU after White signed his.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry I think that's bullshit (about the 1 year option) go check his press release from when he re-signed. Nothing about it in there.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry I think that's bullshit (about the 1 year option) go check his press release from when he re-signed. Nothing about it in there.

These clauses are often not mentioned in the press release at the point of signing, and for good reason...........

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Thoroughly shitty about this.

Replacement had got to be Prior, not starting at the Force and a quality scrummie.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Regardless he has chosen an exit option. Same same though he has chosen to leave its a pity the brumbies didnt know about this earlier...

I hope he has a cracker of a season at the brumbies in 2015, great all round squad.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How is a team ever going to find out more than a season in advance that a player is leaving?

This is about the longest notice period you could ever hope for.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Any news yet on how the players pulled up after Friday night? Any injuries?

Good to see Poey get 60 minutes and I hope he got through unscathed.

Who is yet to return from Injury? Moore, Fardy, Aeulua and Mogg. Any more? Will they all be back for the start of Super 2015?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Thanks BJ. Pity for Nigel. Have been looking forward to him having a big influence this year off the bench at least. Still, now an opportunity for Dargaville or Tauliali I guess.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The ACT Brumbies are poised to offer Ita Vaea a temporary contract to complete his comeback from life-threatening blood clots after the Tongan powerhouse forced his way into Super Rugby calculations on Friday night.

But Vaea conceded even he thought he was taking "a long shot" in an attempt to revive his career after doctors told him he would never play again when clots were found on his heart.

Brumbies coach Stephen Larkham said, "Ita is definitely back", more than two years after illness stalled Vaea's career and he is set to be a shock inclusion for the opening round of the Super Rugby season on February 13.

Vaea's trademark aggression is expected to win him a supplementary contract as injury cover for Fotu Auelua (knee) and he could be offered an extended player squad deal for the season.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ntract-after-blood-clots-20150124-12xdou.html

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FardyS.jpg

Now to fill in the white space...........

Status
Not open for further replies.