• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
it seems that there is little information around regarding whats going on with JGC. Now that it is no longer an ARU program, and there is limited nswru development staff ( and staff in general). I am fearful that this season will be the last for this program.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
it seems that there is little information around regarding whats going on with JGC. Now that it is no longer an ARU program, and there is limited nswru development staff ( and staff in general). I am fearful that this season will be the last for this program.

Load of hogwash. NSWRU is putting on a number of casual development staff to alleviate those issues. Aside from that, in most regions, JGC runs quite sustainably.

There is a break for most groups over the school holidays and the staff have been away, as well. The FB site had a post reflecting that this morning. The NSWRU Development staff are presently in Armidale on a camp and in the last week, I've had contact with the coaches of five of the NSW groups, as well as said development officers and everything is going well.

In Western's case - and at least several others - the boys aren't back on deck until 1 February.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Final JGC Squad Sydney NW – U 15
1. Tauttua Faatui
2. Sam Dover
3. Arman Zakarian
4. Rhys de Grut
5. Daniel Darwall
6. Ben Peper
7. Josh Gunstone
8. Sam Lock
9. Liam O’Neil
10.James Westbury
11.Raymond Crichton
12.Matt Minogue
13.Matt Graham
14.Josh Lambert
15.Tobis Vieira
16.Andrew Moore
17.James McKenna
18.Nick Jones
19.Kyle Epplett
20.Tim Nichols
21.Jordan Brown
22.Connor Lind
23.Lachlan Connors
24.Alex Lynch
25.Alex Campbell

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Final JGC Squad Sydney NW - U17

1. Lorenzo Maa
2. Daniel Lombardi
3. Kristian Souvaliotis
4. Clayton Anstee
5. Tom Robson
6. Harry Turner
7. James Lynch
8. Jack Brewer
9. Dimitry Chipizubov
10.Matthew O’Hara
11.Samaka Isaacs
12.Bradley Meehan
13.Falito Van Woerkom
14.Cody Hinsby
15.Rhys Millar
16.Camron D’Costa
17.Nicholas Dolly
18.Ryan Bento
19.Hugo Griffiths
20.Peni Tuitupou
21.Lachlan Goodacre
22.James Haldane
23.Kyle Park
24.Alahan Amilthan
25.Luke Osborne

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
what part is hogwash? Is there the same number of NSWRU\ARU development staff as there was 2-3 years ago? No. Putting on casual staff for what is supposed to be an elite program, yeh that will help. You have spoken with 5 centres out of how many?

Dingasden

Ward Prentice (10)
what part is hogwash? Is there the same number of NSWRU\ARU development staff as there was 2-3 years ago? No. Putting on casual staff for what is supposed to be an elite program, yeh that will help. You have spoken with 5 centres out of how many?
Where do you think the money should come from to pay full time staff for this program? The ARU & NSWRU have none to spare and the parents are already paying over $600 for their kids to be part of it.
Also It is not an elite program it is a junior development program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)

I have no idea how the development officer stuff will pan out. That's not the hogwash.

The hogwash is your contention that this will be the last year of the program. At least the third time you've said something like that on the thread. I think the program is pretty sustainable.

Dingasden

Ward Prentice (10)
I believe the program is sustainable and needed. However a more concerted effort needs to be made in the area of communication before trials, during training and leading up to games. The draws have been issued on JG Facebook today however these were issued to teams on early January but there is no info on venues or approx kick off times or transport or accommodation and we are only a couple of weeks away. Obviously staffing & resources are low but this should've been planned back in Sep/Oct. Guidelines are issued to squads re amount & type of training (skills, fitness, team work etc) but some squads are doing 3 sessions a week while others do 1 or 2. I think a level of consistency is important in this area as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
I believe the program is sustainable and needed. However a more concerted effort needs to be made in the area of communication before trials, during training and leading up to games. The draws have been issued on JG Facebook today however these were issued to teams on early January but there is no info on venues or approx kick off times or transport or accommodation and we are only a couple of weeks away. Obviously staffing & resources are low but this should've been planned back in Sep/Oct. Guidelines are issued to squads re amount & type of training (skills, fitness, team work etc) but some squads are doing 3 sessions a week while others do 1 or 2. I think a level of consistency is important in this area as well.

Hard to argue with that. As to the differences in what the squads do, there are lots of reasons. Our zone stretches from the Blue Mountains to the border in the west. Getting together three days a week is an issue. We have to have a completely different model to the more metro teams. I know Northern Inland and North Coast have similar models.

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)

1.Lorenzo Maa
2.Daniel Lombardi
3.Kristian Souvaliotis
4.Clayton Anstee
5.Tom Robson
6.Harry Turner
7.James Lynch
8.Jack Brewer
9.Dimitry Chipizubov
10.Matthew O’Hara
11.Samaka Isaacs
12.Bradley Meehan
13.Falito Van Woerkom
14.Cody Hinsby
15.Rhys Millar
16.Camron D’Costa
17.Nicholas Dolly
18.Ryan Bento
19.Hugo Griffiths
20.Peni Tuitupou
21.Lachlan Goodacre
22.James Haldane
23.Kyle Park
24.Alahan Amilthan
25.Luke Osborne

some interesting selections and some interesting omissions, with a coaching staff who have never seen the boys before it was good to see boys being picked on attendance at training, attitude, actual effort and participation at the trials. Rather than being picked on reputation. This is a refreshing change well done to the coaching staff.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

1.Lorenzo Maa
2.Daniel Lombardi
3.Kristian Souvaliotis
4.Clayton Anstee
5.Tom Robson
6.Harry Turner
7.James Lynch
8.Jack Brewer
9.Dimitry Chipizubov
10.Matthew O’Hara
11.Samaka Isaacs
12.Bradley Meehan
13.Falito Van Woerkom
14.Cody Hinsby
15.Rhys Millar
16.Camron D’Costa
17.Nicholas Dolly
18.Ryan Bento
19.Hugo Griffiths
20.Peni Tuitupou
21.Lachlan Goodacre
22.James Haldane
23.Kyle Park
24.Alahan Amilthan
25.Luke Osborne

I know your mail is usually spot on but Im hearing that at least one name that isn't in this list is in the squad. I haven't been able to find an official team list.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
IS, the 'final squad' is listed on the North West Sydney Cobras FB page.

But perhaps it wasn't the final, final squad list.

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
IS my understanding is one of the boys pulled out, a back and they have bought someone else in, they had limited choices in the backs but I'm sure they will be able to move some boys around.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
IS my understanding is one of the boys pulled out, a back and they have bought someone else in, they had limited choices in the backs but I'm sure they will be able to move some boys around.

I believe that NSW 7's commitments may have also led to at least 2 lads (forwards) making themselves unavailable for final squad selection in the NW U17's.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was told that W Sydney had insufficient triallists and that they actually took kids from other centres to get to their 25.
Thats a worry if true because the U16 teams of 2014 form that area, and the spin off zone team they created after Sydney selections had some players who wold walk into JGC.

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
I was told that W Sydney had insufficient triallists and that they actually took kids from other centres to get to their 25.
Thats a worry if true because the U16 teams of 2014 form that area, and the spin off zone team they created after Sydney selections had some players who wold walk into JGC.
IS that would be correct and it was the same last year, there was a couple of boys from the North Shore playing. My understanding is that there were issues last year and that might have kept boys away this year. There is also a very strong alignment with League out there which is proving difficult to overcome. A number of parents told me they were only doing gold last year as a stop gap.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Western region final selection trials were held yesterday. Some very good Rugby was played. Especially since most hadn't had any formal practice in over five weeks. Obviously, some have worked very hard. A few really surprised me.

I'm not envious of the selectors' jobs. They should have their teams out in the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.