• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
10408157_807570119278209_2834789875041665315_n.jpg
Maybe he was injured after this game of stacks on went bad?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Looks like this is the Rebels Squad minus the Japanese contingent (Elison, Horie and Samo), the two Shute Shield props, Timani and Kingston. Can't see anyone else who isn't on that list?

If they are not injured I'd expect to see them get some game time down at Ashwood next week.

I came up with the same group of players and all of them were fairly easy to explain why they were missing except for Timani and Kingston.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I came up with the same group of players and all of them were fairly easy to explain why they were missing except for Timani and Kingston.

This extract from the Contender's series on the Rebels website:

“Tom has genuine speed and agility,” Louden says. “He’ll have a little bit of a late start to the season, but you certainly can’t forget about him; he pops up in the right place at the right time, and that’s really based on a wonderful work rate.

Looks like Tom is still in Team Rehab and won't be ready for the start of season.

Timani I can't explain. Looks like he's getting into the spirit of things. I reckon that he owes the Props a cold one for lumping that massive frame of his accross their necks.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Is that Timani on top? Fucking hell, you'd expect one of the flyweights to be given the job, not the panzer tank!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The new jesery is a bit of a throwback tot he Australian Rugby Shield days and the VRU jesery (21s and seniors) from around 1999 onwards. The jesery before that was solid blue with white collar, which I personally favored more than the hoops. Still one thing certain in life is change, so it's was bound to change from the solid blue at some stage.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Nice preview on the front page Tex, solid mix of cautious optimism and being contrite after last years bullish attitude of being pre-season world champions. Agree about the turning down the volume at the stadium (both literally and figuratively) too, they tried a bit too hard to generate hype last year.

It did remind me about Max Lahiff though, was there ever a story about what happened to him official or otherwise? He had big potential (and a 2 year contract) then he just disappeared.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Top news about both, rebs were always going to go hard at retaining Sean. I didn't realise Horne was only 25, seems like he's been around longer than that but he's really come into his own the last year or two.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Was a bit of talk about Horne moving OS at the end of season, glad to see that's put to bed. McMahon I've jsut excited that we've retained him- this kid is going big places fast!

The ARU piece didn't elaborate on if that ties them to a province for that period. All I can see on Sean is that he's inked with the Rebels until the end of 2016, hopefully longer.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Nice preview on the front page Tex, solid mix of cautious optimism and being contrite after last years bullish attitude of being pre-season world champions. Agree about the turning down the volume at the stadium (both literally and figuratively) too, they tried a bit too hard to generate hype last year.

It did remind me about Max Lahiff though, was there ever a story about what happened to him official or otherwise? He had big potential (and a 2 year contract) then he just disappeared.

Thanks DVH. Re. Lahiff, there's a wikipedia page that lists all S15 contracts by year and Max is noted as having been released. No other details offered, and I haven't seen any official word from the Rebels. Perhaps a case of mutual parting?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
McMahon signed until the end of 2017. Plenty of time for him to establish his chops.

Really? I'll take your word for it. All I could find was an article written last year that said he'd signed on for a further two seasons - assumption was that was 2015 and 2016.

Think he is well on the path to establishing himself in the starting side. Honeymoon season is over, time now to back it up and make the RWC team.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Something I picked up on in the Sean McMahon article on news.com.au:

Melbourne has recently secured several of its leading talents including Luke Jones, Laurie Weeks, Tom English and Nic Stirzaker as several other clubs brace for a post-World Cup exodus.

I didn't realise we'd re-signed Luke and Tom. That's certainly great news too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.