• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels 31 Jan in Cairns

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If Duncan plays 10 I wonder if that means it's more likely that Ant will play 12? Or perhaps KHunt will with JOC (James O'Connor), more involved, at fullback?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Well this has been confirmed. Thanks to the permission of fox sports, the Reds trials will be live streamed on their site.

Yours truly will in fact be one of the commentators, for the first game at least. If I go ok then, hopefully I'm invited back for the 2nd.
What time is the trial?
Can you only watch it live,or will it be on their website for a week or so?
I am in need of a Rugby fix,and not sure if I can get to the Tahs v SS trials.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
You can usually pull up the youtube page and watch whenever, but it being a reds game there may be some different rules around how long they can leave it up. I doubt it'll be a problem though.

T

TOCC

Out of the squad listed, this is probably the Reds strongest starting XV with players bracketed likely subs at some point:

1. Slipper (Paraka)
2. Fainga'a (Hanson)
3. Talakai (Faagase)
4. Kotze
5. Horwill (Korczyk)
6. Browning (Robinson)
7. Gill (Gunn)
8. Shatz (Fakaosilea)
9. Genia (Gale/Frisby)
10. Paia'aua(K.Hunt/Frisby)
11. Kuridrani (Banks)
12. A.Fainga'a (Johnson)
13. Kerevi (Magnay)
14. CFS
15. K.Hunt (JJT)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought I read that it was going to be named last night but I guess it could've said squad announced and I misread it.

K

KAOPointman

I thought I read occoner is out with his knee niggle?

Man I HOPE the stream stays up for a bit as I can't watch it live. Pleeeeease be there, pleeeease be there :)

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, JOC (James O'Connor)'s out until the Crusader's trial - probably just managing his workload if anything.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ahh, good old Barlow Park. Now that brings back some memories. I'd be at this game if not for the fact that I no longer live in Cairns..

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I plsyed against Cairns at Barlow park a billion years ago. That was a great trip.

Against the Chunder? I still know a few blokes who regularly make that side.

We used to play and train on the Buchan st field, not too far away from Barlow park. Then they moved our home games to Barlow Park. The facilities and field are a million times better, but it didn't have the charm of run down old Buchan St. Went looking for that field on my last trip back, seems it has been converted to an aussie rules ground now. Sad really.

But anyway, back on topic. I'm interested in seeing how the Reds go, but also interested in seeing what the Rebels do as well. Being a trial, it will be a good opportunity to give some fringe players on both sides a go. I'm interested in seeing how the backrow(s) go, and what sort of ball they give their halves.

T

TOCC

Is the live link working? Doesn't seem to be for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.